Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MattB82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Anyone know if it possible to cut like this.. Need 20mm.
Reason is to get at 750mm from senter crank to front so seat can be place 0-50mm behind crank.

It looks possible to me, need to drill a new hole for the screw but that's can be done..
Last edited by: Kriss2019: May 18, 22 0:48
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn't find if this has been answered before: How much effort is it to remove the basebar when storing the P5 Disc in a "traditional" bike bag?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [heiko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's easy enough to remove the base bar, thats a quick job. The thing to be aware of for packing is how much slack there is in your hydraulic brake lines and or gear cables. You probably have di2 in which case it is fairly simple to unplug from the junction box.

Note I'm talking about EX11 steerer assembly I've never done it with EX10
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MattB82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt, I'm really sorry, only just seen this due to email issues and not getting notifications. Have replied to your pm if not too late to help.
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [claypole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi does anyone have already try to pack a P5 disc in a “normal bike box travel”. I said normal to make reference to bike suitcase that need to disassembly the basebar. I ask me that question because it seems complicated and may be impossible because of hydrolic tube (may be not enough long to twist the basebar.
Who have try this. Thanks 🙏🏻
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Leratz06210] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done it with relatively small (and cheap) B&W Bike Box II, and size 51 P5d. Riser removed to stow bottom corner. Hoses were tight but just enough slack to align base bar with forks and plenty of padding.
Last edited by: claypole: Sep 13, 22 6:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 54 goes into a BikeBoxAlan pretty easily

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all, my P5 disc is a 51 size ! So it s possible. Great
Hope that hydrolic tubes for front and rear brakes are long enough to twist the basebar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone,

i am an happy owner of a PX, and just bought a P5 disc. already ordered a EX10 cockpit (200€ in germany !), and i will add new vision or profile design extensions.

My question is if there now a way to add more tilt to cockpit without changing everything ?
the 15° is not enough, a 20° would be better.

thanks !
Last edited by: kaillou38: Apr 20, 23 23:38
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [kaillou38] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kaillou38 wrote:
Hello everyone,

i am an happy owner of a PX, and just bought a P5 disc. already ordered a EX10 corckpit (200€ in germany !), and i will add new vision or profile design extensions.

My question is if there now a way to add more tilt to cockpit without changing everything ?
the 15° is not enough, a 20° would be better.

thanks !

Must be an old model if you don’t get the EX10 default with the P5. I think only the fitst year they came with the EX11.
That said, you can put in high riser aerobar extensions and tilt the armpads enough.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes 2019, brand new in shop with warranty.
There is no frame, no bike in europe this year. Cervelo France said perhaps october.

I will buy the profile design 43 asc extension when it will be available. And will see if it's enough

my sweet dreams are about vision TFE PRO P5

is there anybody who bought Fasttt plate to adapt things like vision metron TFE Pro ?
Last edited by: kaillou38: Apr 19, 23 23:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kaillou38 wrote:
yes 2019, brand new in shop with warranty.
There is no frame, no bike in europe this year. Cervelo France said perhaps october.

I will buy the profile design 43 asc extension when it will be available. And will see if it's enough

my sweet dreams are about vision TFE PRO P5

is there anybody who bought Fasttt plate to adapt things like vision metron TFE Pro ?

If you want 43asc, we have several in stock at this moment.

regards,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those one : https://profile-design.com/...sc-carbon-extensions ?
i did not see it on your website.

but i worked in a bike shop, so i think i will wait french importer has it in stock for the price
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kaillou38 wrote:
Those one : https://profile-design.com/...sc-carbon-extensions ?
i did not see it on your website.

but i worked in a bike shop, so i think i will wait french importer has it in stock for the price

Correct, just didn't have the time to add them but we have some sets available.
Send me a DM and I can see what I can doe for you price wise.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kaillou38 wrote:

Around 1 month until more stock of the 43asc is available in France. But still very limited quantities.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How close dimensionally are these to the 4525?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rise is only 1mm different, the major difference is the 43deg grip angle compared to the 25deg
The grip on the 43ASC is shorter as well.

There will not be an equivalent of the 25deg grip in the ASC range - the 43 will be the lowest. There is a higher angle model in the works
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer. I really like the 4525 a lot.

Tried others more upright and just uncomfy and seems unnatural.

Preference I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The issue with the low angle grip is that it starts to get a lot trickier to make the wrist area comfortable. With the higher angle grips there is tolerance for different hand lengths in the relief section. That tolerance gets a lot tighter with acute bends.

It's not impossible to get right and I may revisit the idea as the aerobar market evolves, but right now lower angles are not on the roadmap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just like resting my hands and not having to turn my wrist to make them go in a position that isn’t natural. Takes too much effort to keep holding that way. I like to let them rest naturally.

No biggie, I just figured I may buy a set but that angle is similar to the TFE, Aerocoach etc.

Thanks for your contributions here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how much time away we are to see the P5 disc replacement? Or if Cervelo is working on it ?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [guillermoD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have trouble keeping the preload on the headset bearings on the P5 Disc? Mine becomes loose after every ride, I preload them properly, undo both steerer tube and stem bolts and then tighten both back up with a torque wrench to spec once the bearings are preloaded but it still develops play every ride. Would a bit of carbon paste on the steerer tube/stem interface help? I don't want to torque more than the spec. ideally
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you post some photos? I'm looking into BTA or this solution but i think it's neater like this to have all arranged.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Dan The Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most likely the the seal ring that should be installed underneath the stem is missing or not installed correct. I have seen this on several occasions with P5’s that had this problem.
Unexperienced mechanics with the P5 could happen this since we also had 2 bikes delivered that missed the seal on delivery.
Look at page 5 of the manual to see where should be.

Regards,

Jeroen

Quote Reply

Prev Next