Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Maka_tak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maka_tak wrote:
What are the best options for front end hydration if your running the P5d for Triathlon? Any tips on something fairly integrated?

Very good question and I am anxious to see the replies as I am working on the same issue.

I think that the answer may depend partly upon: (1) whether you have the EX10 or EX11 speed riser/aerobar; (2) which aero bars you use; (3) whether you prefer a bottle that you remove from the mount or a bottle with a straw; and (4) where you want your computer mounted. In my case, I have the EX10 speed riser/aerobar with Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90 aero bars and want a bottle with a straw (like the XLab Torpedo Versa).

The challenge that I have is that I like to have my computer in front of my bottle. With some mounts, on bumpier roads, either the bottle or the computer will bounce a bit on the aero extensions. I am currently using the XLab Torpedo Versa (I do not use the XLAB Versa mount because it places the bottle too far forward and it rubs and bounces on my aero extensions; instead, I mount the bottle cage directly to the riser and use the Cervelo Aerobar bottle mount https://www.tritownboise.com/...ar-bottle-mount.html). With this setup the only place to mount the computer is on top of the dolphin fin, but this is too far back for me. I want it up front.

The solution MIGHT be the new XLAB Torpedo Versa Slim which is specifically designed for the Cervelo EX10 and EX 11speed riser/aero bar (as well as the Trek SC and Argon 18 E-119).

I should note that I have also tried the Zipp Vuka Aluminum BTA and it did not work for me...the computer was rubbing and bouncing on the aero bars.
Last edited by: JasonGeorge: May 16, 21 6:19
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [JasonGeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasonGeorge wrote:
Maka_tak wrote:
What are the best options for front end hydration if your running the P5d for Triathlon? Any tips on something fairly integrated?

Very good question and I am anxious to see the replies as I am working on the same issue.

I think that the answer may depend partly upon: (1) whether you have the EX10 or EX11 speed riser/aerobar; (2) which aero bars you use; (3) whether you prefer a bottle that you remove from the mount or a bottle with a straw; and (4) where you want your computer mounted. In my case, I have the EX10 speed riser/aerobar with Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90 aero bars and want a bottle with a straw (like the XLab Torpedo Versa).

The challenge that I have is that I like to have my computer in front of my bottle. With some mounts, on bumpier roads, either the bottle or the computer will bounce a bit on the aero extensions. I am currently using the XLab Torpedo Versa (I do not use the XLAB Versa mount because it places the bottle too far forward and it rubs and bounces on my aero extensions; instead, I mount the bottle cage directly to the riser and use the Cervelo Aerobar bottle mount https://www.tritownboise.com/...ar-bottle-mount.html). With this setup the only place to mount the computer is on top of the dolphin fin, but this is too far back for me. I want it up front.

The solution MIGHT be the new XLAB Torpedo Versa Slim which is specifically designed for the Cervelo EX10 and EX 11speed riser/aero bar (as well as the Trek SC and Argon 18 E-119).

I should note that I have also tried the Zipp Vuka Aluminum BTA and it did not work for me...the computer was rubbing and bouncing on the aero bars.

That's what I am using and it is a great set up. nothing bounces or rubs and computer easy to see.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is what I did for my wife's bike. She is only 5'2" and rides a 48. The bars were just way to short for the stock mount as it would put the bottle way too far forward so I made a bracket that moves the bottle back a few inches. It uses the mount in the riser stem. I added provisions for extra bolts, but it does not appear to need them.
Last edited by: blackey: May 16, 21 9:36
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upstaterun wrote:
JasonGeorge wrote:
Maka_tak wrote:

That's what I am using and it is a great set up. nothing bounces or rubs and computer easy to see.

That's VERY good news. If you don't mind my asking, are you using the EX10 or EX11? And which aero bar extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [blackey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blackey wrote:
Here is what I did for my wife's bike. She is only 5'2" and rides a 48. The bars were just way to short for the stock mount as it would put the bottle way too far forward so I made a bracket that moves the bottle back a few inches. It uses the mount in the riser stem. I added provisions for extra bolts, but it does not appear to need them.

Interesting. How/where do you mount the computer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did you (or she) do with the aero bars? It looks like they are joined with some type of single piece? Am I seeing that correctly?

Love the paint job too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Project 76 is best for computer mount out front.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've got to remember her bars are very very short. 13" from back of pad to tip of bar, so not a lot to work with there. It's the standard EX10 system, but with a custom bottle mount moved back about 2.5" that fits around the stem riser and sits on the EX10 aerobar mounts. This barely allows her to put a computer between the bars. I'll be building one up for me and it will give me loads of room. She is just using a barfly mount. For racing she uses an Xlab torpedo bottle.

Last edited by: blackey: May 16, 21 13:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasonGeorge wrote:
Upstaterun wrote:
JasonGeorge wrote:
Maka_tak wrote:

That's VERY good news. If you don't mind my asking, are you using the EX10 or EX11? And which aero bar extensions?

I have the EX10 or the one that you can adjust the tilt and I am using TriRig extensions. There's a great deal of adjustability. Even with the tilt, the Torpedo Versa Slim works just great as far as I can still get nearly all the liquid out when drinking and it will still take a full 24oz bottle of fluids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although that mount is clever made I just redrilled some new mount holes in a cage and have it on the same spot as yours.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2020 P5D. Just got the torpedo versa slim which is designed to work with the P5D and some other similar bars speed concept I think. I'm using the stock ex11 bars it came with. Mounts to the two exsisting cage bolt holes and has some bushings to raise it up. Computer sits in a very nice spot. Only rode once with it so far, need to make some adjustments it was rattling a little( my garmin quarter turn has one tab broken). I did some steep high speed descents and rode on rough roads including rail tracks and it's stayed in place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those pics are easy to see that the bars are separated. I was using my phone when I first looked.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any tips on stopping the R9160 shifters from rattling/buzzing from vibration? Done them up as tightly as I can (being plastic) but still pretty noticeable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on Etap so can't help.
Can confirm Etap blips have zero issues in both d2z grips.

But are you referring to the d2z grips?
The straight ones or Ergo ones if so?

Perhaps some cuts of foam or extra tape inside the placement is a solution for you?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if a Garmin Edge 1030 will fit on the mount that comes with the bike ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue. I think it might be the metal retaining thing that holds the wedges together inside the extension. I'm going to try some insulation tape around the wedges and see if that works. I'll report back.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Dan The Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried that with electrical tape & ptfe but couldn't eliminate it. What has worked was just putting grease or gripper paste on the mechanism đź‘Ť.
Silence!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah thanks for the info you've saved me a fruitless task!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Struggling to preload the headset bearings on my p5 disc. Has anyone had similar issues? Both fork and stem bolts are loose when I try to preload the bearings but no matter how tight I do the top cap I can't get all the play out of the headset? Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have that rubber seal underneath the stem in place? It cimes in a plastic baggie with a glue one side to put it under the stem.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What Jeroen said.
I had the same problem and eventually discovered the (UK) shop had supplied the bike with that part missing. See page 13 of build manual here, the bearing seal ring which should be affixed to the base bar:
https://www.cervelo.com/...nual_v6.7_web_2_.pdf.
I had terrible trouble getting the shop to even acknowledge the problem and their "cure" was to massively overtorque the stem and fork bolts.
Jeroen helped me to source the required part when I gave up on trying to get the shop to sort it.

When you strip it down you can see why that seal ring is an integral part of the system. It's not like a normal dust cover on a std stem set up which could arguably be left out. Without it in place on the P5 the headset will always work loose, if indeed you can preload in the first place.

It might be you have some other issue but I'd definitely check this first. I'd be interested to know where you got the bike from if yours is also missing.

Good luck.

Chris
Last edited by: claypole: Aug 12, 21 12:14
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [claypole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I built myself up a new P5 Disc and thought I would share. ETAP AXS with some modifications to it(extended the wiring to store the blip box in the seat tube with a quick disconnect in the monoriser to make for easy travel. Custom shifter buttons on the bullhorns to keep things really clean)

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks very good! Hiding the blip box to seat tube is a nice move, I am already bit annoyed as it sticks out of the smartpak in the top tube :)

I have just joined the Cervelo P5D club, and have done two rides with it. So far the biggest surprise has been how comfortable the bike is - with Zipp 303S wheels, 28mm tires and ~5bar of pressure, it is silky smooth ride. Difference to my old Argon E-116 is huge. Just got bike fit so the position should be even more dialed in now, can't wait to do more rides and try it on a race.

As the indoor season is soon here, I have one question to all P5D owners, does it fit to Tacx Neo 2T or will the disc brake rub against the trainer (my dealer suggested that I remove the rear brake caliber if using the bike with Neo, which sounds inconvenient)? Earlier someone confirmed that the bike fits the newer Neo 1, but no confirmation regarding Neo 2/2T. Have you managed to work with Neo, or should I choose some other trainer (Kickr or Saris) for better disc brake compatibility?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [jkk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if it's still possible to route the head tube/fork di2 cable when the front brake line is already installed? I got my new P5 (with EX10 cockpit) but the dealer routed the aerobar shifter cables externally. I want them hidden, so I'll need to install the 400mm cable through the fork as shown in the dealer's manual. The manual specifically states that it has to be done before the brake hose is installed though. Has anyone here ever tried installing it with the brake line already in place?
Last edited by: basvv: Aug 22, 21 5:05
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [basvv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
basvv wrote:
Does anyone know if it's still possible to route the head tube/fork di2 cable when the front brake line is already installed? I got my new P5 (with EX10 cockpit) but the dealer routed the aerobar shifter cables externally. I want them hidden, so I'll need to install the 400mm cable through the fork as shown in the dealer's manual. The manual specifically states that it has to be done before the brake hose is installed though. Has anyone here ever tried installing it with the brake line already in place?

Impossible when the front brake cable already is installed. The reason that your dealer routed the cables outside from the extensions straight to the junction box is that cervelo stopped providing that extra cable and the extra B junction.
Every P5 we sold this year we had to add the cable and the B junction ourselves as we just couldn’t get it delivered with the cables exposed.
Just hurt our eyes too much. And we didn’t charge the client for the extra work and products…..

But if the brake hose is already installed the opening is just too small to push the end plug of the Di2 wire through that hole.
Sorry for the bad news ;-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply

Prev Next