Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks David, you were right, but yes, please post up come close up pics, eclouis!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
I'm about to sell a bike with that setup, I'll have detailed pics posted soon.... I'm either selling the P5D or the PX... just need to decide which one! Hard to decide between two great bikes.

I thought you had a P5x, P5d and a Px.

Why decide to sell one/more than one of those?

BTW I remember one of your posts was the reason I actually got a P5x. It was on steep discount from a bike shop and I ended up grabbing it. Too bad her maiden voyage in the 2020 season may become the 2021 season :/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are some pictures of the Multi Strike. Used it with tubes and cans of Pit Stop without issue. You do need to remove the end piece of the pit stop and put in you bento bag because it will get knocked off.
[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/...2e-8251-cd094f5b1a0e][/url]
[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/...06-9857-16cc8b282ce7][/url]
[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/...6e-b27b-2c82eb0073de][/url]
[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/...f4-b46c-bbfd24b74c68][/url]
[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/...39-be59-60c3ad941a91][/url]
[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/...56-8028-d42b6e94a862][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [eclouis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
an alternative to the Multi Strike repair holder is my rear box.

and bottom bracket box

available for purchase here:
https://custombikexcessories.com/...gories/cervelop5disc

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi YannB

what angled spacers are you using underneath your armpads?

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Aid.dre.an] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi... yes I had all three at one point. I currently still have the PX and P5D but with two of my main races canceled and no other races on the horizon for 2020 and who knows what in 2021 there’s not much sense for me to keep both bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb
I do like the draft box, how much space does it provide? I rode the Speed Concept for several years Gen. 1 & Gen. 2. The box on the Gen. 1 was useless. The box for the Gen. 2 was wider and provide more storage. This one looks narrow, can you fit a can of Pit Stop in it?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [eclouis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eclouis wrote:
yannb
I do like the draft box, how much space does it provide? I rode the Speed Concept for several years Gen. 1 & Gen. 2. The box on the Gen. 1 was useless. The box for the Gen. 2 was wider and provide more storage. This one looks narrow, can you fit a can of Pit Stop in it?

You can fit a tube, co2 cartridge and inflator, tire levers, small multitool. Can of pit stop is too big to fit the box.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thinking of buying the P5.

Thoughts on the two different models value wise?

Will need to buy a new wheel set as my 808 aren’t disc.

Are the wheels on the higher spec good would i be better of buying lower spec and buying new zipps?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [AllInYourHead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AllInYourHead wrote:
Thinking of buying the P5.

Thoughts on the two different models value wise?

Will need to buy a new wheel set as my 808 aren’t disc.

Are the wheels on the higher spec good would i be better of buying lower spec and buying new zipps?

I am deciding between this and a BMC TM01 Disc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm selling a 54 if that's the size you need.It's posted in the classifieds.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I’m a 56 and based in Ireland :(

Have the wheels changed from Enve to DT Swiss on the top model ?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
I didn't take a good photo but you can see the new Profile Design product that is coming in a few months

Battery is in the other extension
Compatible with alloy extensions or a new PD carbon extension that is also to be released soon

Is anyone using the PD aeroport with the p3x setup? Switching over to the p3x cockpit and looking to keep the area as clean as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes all P5Disc now come with DTSWISS wheels
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting.
Thinking to buy the same setup of p3x

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am looking at the P5 disc as my first proper tri bike (currently use a Trek Madone road bike with aero bars) and have a question or two about the cockpit.

If I understand correctly from previous posts, the EX10 provides greater adjustability (in particular, tilt) than the EX11. Correct so far? If I were to go with the EX10, does the base bar change or does that stay the same? What about the extensions? Are they the same, or different? And speaking of the base bar, in pictures that I have seen, the base bar on the P5 disc looks flatter than that on the P3X. Is that correct and is it possible to have the P3X base bar on the P5 disc? Are there advantages or disadvantages of one base bar over the other?

Wirth the above in mind, are there any challenges or issues with wiring, the blip box, etc when using SRAM AXS? I believe that the blip box would need to go in the front, smaller bento box.

Thanks in advance for the assistance and advice.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [JasonGeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasonGeorge wrote:
Am looking at the P5 disc as my first proper tri bike (currently use a Trek Madone road bike with aero bars) and have a question or two about the cockpit.

If I understand correctly from previous posts, the EX10 provides greater adjustability (in particular, tilt) than the EX11. Correct so far? If I were to go with the EX10, does the base bar change or does that stay the same? What about the extensions? Are they the same, or different? And speaking of the base bar, in pictures that I have seen, the base bar on the P5 disc looks flatter than that on the P3X. Is that correct and is it possible to have the P3X base bar on the P5 disc? Are there advantages or disadvantages of one base bar over the other?

Wirth the above in mind, are there any challenges or issues with wiring, the blip box, etc when using SRAM AXS? I believe that the blip box would need to go in the front, smaller bento box.

Thanks in advance for the assistance and advice.

Jason

EX10 allows tilt in 5, 10 and 15 degrees, much more armpad width if you need that, base bar does stay the same and cannot be switched for the EX10 base bar. Different mounting. Extension are not included with the EX10 mono stem and mount plate. You can chose whatever brand/design you like as long as they are 22.2 diameter.
No issues in wiring and if you choose the new Zipp extensions no wiring at all.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeroen...this is extremely helpful, thank you. I must say, this is a real education trying to figure out the various options and what might be best for me.

With respect to the EX11:
  • It does not offer the tilt that the EX11 does, nor is it have as much adjustability in the Pad X dimension (pad width)
  • You are required to use the Cervelo mono-bar extension
  • If using Di2, the junction box is integrated into the body of the EX11 (Speed Riser); if using SRAM, the blip-box would go in the front most bento box
  • The EX11 is slightly lighter than the EX10

With respect to the EX10:
  • Greater adjustability than the EX11
  • Slightly heavier than the EX11
  • The Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90 extensions that you mentioned are very clean and very sweet
  • Because the base bar cannot be changed and the EX10 serves as the Speed Riser, bars such as the Vision Trimax Carbon SI 013 are not an option because only extensions are needed, not an entire cockpit
  • EX10 adds to the cost of the bike because one needs to purchase the EX10 and also the extensions (and in the case of the Zipp extensions, they are a bit pricey)
  • The EX10 offers the ability to easily attach a BTA bottle like X-Lab

Is the above an accurate summary? Am I missing anything? Are there other things/options to consider?

Many thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [JasonGeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasonGeorge wrote:
Jeroen...this is extremely helpful, thank you. I must say, this is a real education trying to figure out the various options and what might be best for me.

With respect to the EX11:
  • It does not offer the tilt that the EX11 does, nor is it have as much adjustability in the Pad X dimension (pad width)
  • You are required to use the Cervelo mono-bar extension
  • If using Di2, the junction box is integrated into the body of the EX11 (Speed Riser); if using SRAM, the blip-box would go in the front most bento box
  • The EX11 is slightly lighter than the EX10

With respect to the EX10:
  • Greater adjustability than the EX11
  • Slightly heavier than the EX11
  • The Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90 extensions that you mentioned are very clean and very sweet
  • Because the base bar cannot be changed and the EX10 serves as the Speed Riser, bars such as the Vision Trimax Carbon SI 013 are not an option because only extensions are needed, not an entire cockpit
  • EX10 adds to the cost of the bike because one needs to purchase the EX10 and also the extensions (and in the case of the Zipp extensions, they are a bit pricey)
  • The EX10 offers the ability to easily attach a BTA bottle like X-Lab

Is the above an accurate summary? Am I missing anything? Are there other things/options to consider?

Many thanks

Hey Jason, That sums is quite correct.
The weight isn't really an issue and yes, if you use the EX11 monstem en the mount plate you only need to get a set of extensions. And they need to be bought seperate since the EX10 post is somewhat useless for a dealer. We add them to a customersbike at cost price. On both set ups you can easily set up a BTA bot just on the EX11 with extension you can use BTA's with a straw like Pd FC25 or 35 or Xlab's Versa Torpedo. On the EX10 you can just mount a bottle cage., which you stil can do as well on the EX11 without using something is else.

Good luck in choosing!

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve had the P5D (Ultegra Di2) for over a month now and have put 600 miles on it. This is my first dedicated triathlon bike versus a road bike with clip-ons and it is amazing.

Some of the highlights:
  • Easily adjustable to nail the right fit between the monopost riser, pads, and saddle fore-aft.
  • Base bar grips and arm pads feel solid and comfortable.
  • The bike just feels light. My size 54 with a Rotor crankset and ISM PR 2.0 saddle weighed in around 19.8 lbs (w/out pedals). It climbs well; I’ve been able to PB local climbs on this versus when I was on my road bike, a Roubaix.
  • Bottom bracket feels stiff. I know the science behind speed and stiffness is debated, but this bike just feels like it accelerates fast. I’m easily accelerating out of red lights faster than other riders, some of whom are stronger and later overtake me.
  • Overall, a really stiff and solid bike that happens to be narrow/skinny and light at the same time. Also looks great.

My only minor complaint so far is the creaking noise that comes from the headset area. I notice it specifically getting louder after long rides with a lot of elevation gain, and especially when climbing out of the saddle or turning at lower speeds. It happens both on the aerobars and on the base bar. I don’t notice it at higher speeds or when riding straight and flat roads.

I know 2-3 people on this forum have pointed this out, has anyone found the culprit or a solution? I have carbon paste on the monopost riser and all bolts are torqued to spec, which I think someone had recommended checking; I also don’t think the noise has to do with the monopost riser since I hear it also when I’m on the base bar. One thing that I was thinking was the right brake hose which passes near the headset is kinking and rubbing? And are the rest of you a) lucky not to have this noise b) riding more flats than climbs c) less OCD about noises?

As this is my only complaint for an otherwise amazing bike, I’ll happily live with the noise unless someone can help out.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [caodecaca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi caodecaca, how is this solution working out. I have the P5D and would like to tilt bars but don't want to change to the EX10. Wedges and 50 deg bars would be around £200 so would love to get your thoughts. What is the hand position like on the bars? what tilt do you have? Any pics of you on the bars to show what the angles are like.

Thanks for your help
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MCZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the creaking noise on mine when I first got it, somewhere in this thread there were some suggestions on how to address it. We ended up dissembling the entire headset and using an abundance carbon paste on the shim. I also had to put a little wax on the front fork where the plastic part of the bars rub against it as you turn causing some squeaking. So far I haven't had any further issues.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if the Profile Design armrests will allow to install them wider than the original Cervelo armrests?

The original armrests are too narrow for me.

If the answer is yes, which model would you recommend, the Race or the Ergo armrests.

Thanks

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race vs ergo is a personal decision. Even some small guys will say the race is too tight. I'm usually 190-200 lbs these days and love the shape of the race cups. They felt odd at first but after a few rides they felt positively secure compared to all other cups I've tried, including 3T ergo which has the same curvature as PD ergo
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No - the PD armrests end up a bit narrower than the P5D pads and they force your arms to the centre of the pad, where the EX10 lets you push outwards a bit.
The only way to get wider is to get the EX11 bar (PX one).
Or you could have an extender made, but that's not a tested approach.
Quote Reply

Prev Next