Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David and anyone else on this thread using lights.

What front and rear lights are you using?

Also, will an X-lab Torpedo work with the P3X cockpit?

Many thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for lights:

1. I have 2 Serfas Thunderbolt 2.0s that I put on my left chain stay . . . they attach very easily and nicely. I set them on daytime flash. https://www.serfas.com/...s/tbt-50r-50-lumens/ They flash out of sync with each other and are very visible.
  2. On the seat post I have a Bontrager Flare R - I made a simple little strap extender with a zip tie. Daytime high flash mode. https://www.trekbikes.com/...-bike-light/p/13202/
  3. Mounted on the underside of the mono extension of the aero bar I have a Bontrager Ion 900 I believe (the models have been updated). Mine looks like this https://www.roadbikerider.com/...-800-rt-headlight-2/ Daytime high flash mode. It does not get in the way at all and is VERY visible. Remember that most wrecks occur from someone turning left in front of you.

All of these lights are USB chargeable. I have been on a number of 6+ hour rides and the lights have never gone out. I just keep a multi USB plugin charger on my workbench in the garage so they are always charged and ready to go. I may have the story about being way out in the country with a former Euro pro friend when we hear a monster pick-up truck roaring up with a crazy looking redneck driving . . . friend says "ut oh . . . " The guys pulls up next to us and in a rough accent and poor grammar say "I could see y'all from more than a mile away. Thank ya . . . it makes it easier for us out here." Likewise, around town I clearly get much more respect. Lights for me are now like pumping my tires and filling my water bottle - I use them every time.

Be safe!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Jan 3, 20 7:24
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
for lights:

1. I have 2 Serfas Thunderbolt 2.0s that I put on my left chain stay . . . they attach very easily and nicely. I set them on daytime flash. https://www.serfas.com/...s/tbt-50r-50-lumens/ They flash out of sync with each other and are very visible.
  2. On the seat post I have a Bontrager Flare R - I made a simple little strap extender with a zip tie. Daytime high flash mode. https://www.trekbikes.com/...-bike-light/p/13202/
  3. Mounted on the underside of the mono extension of the aero bar I have a Bontrager Ion 900 I believe (the models have been updated). Mine looks like this https://www.roadbikerider.com/...-800-rt-headlight-2/ Daytime high flash mode. It does not get in the way at all and is VERY visible. Remember that most wrecks occur from someone turning left in front of you.

All of these lights are USB chargeable. I have been on a number of 6+ hour rides and the lights have never gone out. I just keep a multi USB plugin charger on my workbench in the garage so they are always charged and ready to go. I may have the story about being way out in the country with a former Euro pro friend when we hear a monster pick-up truck roaring up with a crazy looking redneck driving . . . friend says "ut oh . . . " The guys pulls up next to us and in a rough accent and poor grammar say "I could see y'all from more than a mile away. Thank ya . . . it makes it easier for us out here." Likewise, around town I clearly get much more respect. Lights for me are now like pumping my tires and filling my water bottle - I use them every time.

Be safe!!

Excellent! Thank you for taking time to write all this out. Very helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Aid.dre.an] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aid.dre.an wrote:
kdx200 wrote:
Hi guys. Happy new year!

Im getting the bike soon. Any advice for a training wheelset? They should be bombproof as the potholes in my area are like craters. Domt care about the weight here. For example, the shop offers me a pair of shimano. Are the Shimano RX31 ok? Dont know about the hub but think they are compatible.
Thank you.

I would suggest looking into ENVE wheels, only reason is they have their lifetime warranty and 5 year no questions replacement if they die. Race on what you train on and why spend thousands of dollars on some slick sexy race wheels when you only bring them out 4-5 times a year? Buy once cry once. I can see the argument on training wheels for rim brake wheels due to carbon brake tracks but now that you are going disc, you don't brake on the track.

I did this. After training on Hed Ardennes and racing on 808s when I had my P5, I decided to get the Enve 7.8s for the P5D since I can train on them and not have to worry about damaging them. Best part is they are amazing in crosswinds for there size as well so I don't have to worry about using them daily.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Bgilden.... lucky you... this is near impossible to me.."since I can train on them and not have to worry about damaging them".

Thank you very much for your advice.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [OzTx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, thanks.
I finally got it with the P3X setup today.
Very happy with it.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [gerdvd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I've created a separate thread seeking advice on travel bag options. Would you mind helping if you're travelling with your P5D and you've adopted one of the options I'm currently considering?

Thanks much

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OzTx3 wrote:
Ok, thanks.
Very happy with it.

what is the cost of this?
I think that cockpit from the p5d is no to much comfortable....

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [caodecaca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$500 USD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OzTx3 wrote:
Ok, thanks.
Very happy with it.

I like to swap out P5D cockpit as well. Do you have part number for P3X cockpit?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [dragonlord76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Some one that has M size can say me mesurements of the Cervelo P5 Disc horizontal and vertical tube plese? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
By the way, that new PD looks really, really good. If you need a pic you can find it here.

https://www.bikeradar.com/...embedded_slideshow=5

Do you have any recents hints re the release? Thanks

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:
By the way, that new PD looks really, really good. If you need a pic you can find it here.

https://www.bikeradar.com/...embedded_slideshow=5

Do you have any recents hints re the release? Thanks

Unfortunately not yet and it is also not up of the PD website yet.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so to those that own this bike or know about it...

is the only option you have for aero bars with the native P5 riser the cervelo extensions?

i like the ends of my bars fairly close to touching, so the high hands type bar that angle inwards towards each other so i can interlock my fingers and have one on top of the other as a possible position.

ive leaned over the bike a few times at the bike shop when i was lookey-looing. seems like all three of the bars that are directly from cervelo have the ends spread pretty far apart. and its a solid bar so they are not adjustable inwards at all.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes with the stock riser that is correct. I just swapped the stock riser to a P3X riser and now using 51 Speedshop Ultimate extensions and pads and can honestly say this is the best setup I have ever ridden!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Photo please.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
Yes with the stock riser that is correct. I just swapped the stock riser to a P3X riser and now using 51 Speedshop Ultimate extensions and pads and can honestly say this is the best setup I have ever ridden!

Did the P3X cockpit come with extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upstaterun wrote:
sorelegs wrote:

Did the P3X cockpit come with extensions?

No. I specifically wanted the P3x extensions but apparently Cervelo won't sell them separately so have to get your own...!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys, just received the bike. P5d dura ace di2 and dt wheels.

Now fighting with the first rides / fiiting / aerobars.

Does this dura ace has etube connection for the shifting setup? Or i must buy another sensor/transmitter? I think that i heard that was easy to connect to the phone via bluetooth... not my case so maybe i need something else.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [kdx200] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdx200 wrote:
Guys, just received the bike. P5d dura ace di2 and dt wheels.

Now fighting with the first rides / fiiting / aerobars.

Does this dura ace has etube connection for the shifting setup? Or i must buy another sensor/transmitter? I think that i heard that was easy to connect to the phone via bluetooth... not my case so maybe i need something else.

Thank you
download etube software to a windows based computer, use the supplied power adapter cord that has a usb end on it to connect to your computer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon, great, thank you.

By the way... the bluetooth is present in my setup? I cant find information about this. The owners manual says nothing about this... and the shimano manual that came with the bike has no info about this.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [kdx200] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdx200 wrote:
Damon, great, thank you.

By the way... the bluetooth is present in my setup? I cant find information about this. The owners manual says nothing about this... and the shimano manual that came with the bike has no info about this.

Thank you
i THINK the little wireless bluetooth module is separate with a standard DI2 setup. dont quote me for that. you need to see if your bikes groupset came with this...

https://bike.shimano.com/...50-di2/EW-WU111.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes Damon.... i watched your link...

i dont know if this little cage is present in my bike... perhaps someone has the same bike setup from Cervelo and give me a hint....

thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bluetooth module doesn't come standard from Cervelo, easy to install though just need the module and the shortest Di2 cable you can buy. Just pull out the Di2 charging port in the bars and install the bluetooth module inline and shove it all back into the bars.
Quote Reply

Prev Next