Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, definitely play in headset and not in the brakes. It's clear how the fork moves relative to frame.
Will reach out to Cervelo as well. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is your thoughts on the bisaddle? i think it’s a great idea, but havnt really seems many personal reviews here or anywhere. i considered giving one a go a while back but i was happy enough with my ism.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After several hundred miles on the bike, pretty much decided this is how it will get ridden and raced.
Used bar tape instead of the rubber things that came on base bar. changed the bottle to the Xlab Aero bottle. for me, this bottle is easier to grip, pull out and return to the cage than the Cervelo Bottle. I think the cervelo bottle looks better but I'm going for functionality. front hydration is speedfill A2Z4. this can be used with a standard short bottle or the speedfill cap. Rear hydration is the trusty Xlab cage and flat duty is handled by the additional Xlab multi-strike. Dont forget to add a 6mm allen so you can remove axle should you have a flat
Last edited by: eclouis: Dec 29, 19 5:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
Thanks - it is a BiSaddle and as for the model name, I believe it is the ShapeShifter EXT. But I let Jeroen correct me if I'm mistaken, as he's the one who provided it to me after my fitting.

Oh boy, that is one very sweet ride! What a beauty. And, yes, indeed it is a bisaddle ext. Very nice saddles, since we have them they sell really well and are found to be very comfortable by a lot of people.

But saddles are personal so always do a saddle fit.

What a great bike it is. Looking forward to see how the aerobar and if you want the tilt after all ;-) And compliments on the pic, very nice background for such a stealth looking bike. By the way, that new PD looks really, really good. If you need a pic you can find it here.

https://www.bikeradar.com/...embedded_slideshow=5

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Dec 28, 19 13:01
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [eclouis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell me more about your 858s. I have a front and a rear sub 9 disc. What tires and tubes are you using? Size? Thanks,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the 858 are amazing. conti 5000's 25mm with latex tubes front and back.
I ran 808fc's for 5-6 years on a quintana roo lucero lite then speed concept gen 1 & 2.
last year before 70.3 Waco I changed to the 858 on my SC gen 2and the difference was amazing.
I'll call it side pressure, they shred the cross wind pressure on the wheel so much faster making them more stable.
it gets even better now with the thru axle!
Last edited by: eclouis: Dec 28, 19 18:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
Just received my 2020 P5D - and I'm very happy to share it with you on this thread.

Need to finalize hydration systems (probably a Gorilla bottle cage behind the saddle, and a Profile Design Aero HC system on the bars - heard there's a full black version coming early 2020, that should be a nice match with the bike), and a Garmin mount.
I Know that bike, and the door 😎

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [AnthonyParis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again for the build-up (and the picture 😉). Btw I highly recommend Anthony’s shop for those of you located in Paris’ vicinity!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Jeroen - definitely confirms that the black version of the PD bottle is the right choice in my case 🙂

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just switched from a Specialized Power Saddle to an ISM Attack (essentially the same as the newer ISM PN 1.0). I need to mount the attack much further back relative to the seatpost than the Power saddle. I have moved the seatpost clamp to the more rearward option and also pushed the saddle as far back as it will go. I still need it to go back another 1-2cm. Is there an option to mount the saddle further back on the P5D that I am missing?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GM8NkCtvDp9soV5X7
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clamp slot looks like it can move back quite a bit more
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, remove the saddle. Release the bolt in the slot that you can see from above. Slide the slot further back and bolt it on that new spot

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys. Happy new year!

Im getting the bike soon. Any advice for a training wheelset? They should be bombproof as the potholes in my area are like craters. Domt care about the weight here. For example, the shop offers me a pair of shimano. Are the Shimano RX31 ok? Dont know about the hub but think they are compatible.
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [kdx200] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a quick search I couldn't find much on that wheel set. For bombproof training you want to chase spoke count and build quality. 32 spokes, brass nipples, and something like a DT Swiss 350 hub on a strong rim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My take might be a bit different than others. You are getting a Ferrari… You wouldn’t put cheap wheels on a Ferrari just for daily use. I have Zipp 302s for training and absolutely love them. I also have Continental 5000 tires for training. I really, really enjoy riding the bike. Having nice wheels adds to the enjoyment for me.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kdx200 wrote:
Hi guys. Happy new year!

Im getting the bike soon. Any advice for a training wheelset? They should be bombproof as the potholes in my area are like craters. Domt care about the weight here. For example, the shop offers me a pair of shimano. Are the Shimano RX31 ok? Dont know about the hub but think they are compatible.
Thank you.

I would suggest looking into ENVE wheels, only reason is they have their lifetime warranty and 5 year no questions replacement if they die. Race on what you train on and why spend thousands of dollars on some slick sexy race wheels when you only bring them out 4-5 times a year? Buy once cry once. I can see the argument on training wheels for rim brake wheels due to carbon brake tracks but now that you are going disc, you don't brake on the track.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kdx200 wrote:
Hi guys. Happy new year!

Thank you.

Any standard road thru axle set will be fine (ie 12x100/142mm) and the frame can be set up to run either 140 or 160mm discs.
I've been running a set of cannondale Hollowgram wheels (35mm??), but more interestingly with 28mm tyres (Turbo cotton 'Hell of the Norths') which fit without issue and give a buttery smooth ride.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [tonto1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not my greatest piece of engineering ever, but made up a basic mount for my Garmin to suit the standard EX11 Extensions. There are two small mount holes under the bar (m4??), so I made a simple strip mount out of a piece of good quality Carbon-F plate (~2.5mm thick and just under 10cm in length). Then just screwed on the mounting insert from a standard Garmin out front mount.

It's rigid enough to support my Edge820 without it bouncing around, but flexible enough I can actually get the Garmin on and off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
first: thank you all for taking your time answering me.

i agree most of you and your points of view (use the wheels you got and its ok. why spending thousands to use 4 times a year, etc you are correct with no doubts).
Since here in my country Argentina there are only a few shops that have, perhaps, a pair of shimano it is mandatory to take care the "race wheels". Also the terrain where i can train are like Mars terrain, its very common to see destroyed carbon wheels (i cracked a nice Mavic carbon training in a storm drain ... avoiding a huge pothole.....) so i decided to go for a "bombproof" ones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What bar tape is that? I know it’s not tape but what is it?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heat shrink for golf club handles. Works a treat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a P5D in November and my bikeshop still hasn’t heard back from cervelo regarding the E11 P3x setup.

Anyone else having this problem?

2 months seems excessive.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [OzTx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OzTx3 wrote:
I bought a P5D in November and my bikeshop still hasn’t heard back from cervelo regarding the E11 P3x setup.

I ordered mine in March, received the bike in June and didn't get the P3x parts until August. So no, two months is not excessive in the context of Cervelo...
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [OzTx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OzTx3 wrote:

I'm not sure where you are located but in we can order all the parts needed to set you up with the P3X EX10 cockpit.
And we have them in stock as well, but they are also in stock with Cervelo I can see.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered my bike in late August, bike came in a week later, and the P3x cockpit arrived last week - - - 4 full months.
Quote Reply

Prev Next