Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback, it is really annoying and gets worse the longer I ride it.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
I have had my P5D for about 3 weeks now and the front end seems to creak really bad during long rides? Anyone else experience this or wondering if it is a build issue from the shop I purchased it from.

Thanks

Yes, mine too on all rides with the p5d front end. On the one ride so far with the p3x front end, i did not note any creaking. I have no idea why, but i hope it lasts. To be clear, I am not certain what caused it, and I'm not certain it the was the different mono riser, as i experienced creaking regardless of being in aero or on base bar.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Enve states “ SES 7.8 Disc has been aerodynamically optimized around fast rolling 25mm tires.”. So I would go with 25mm tires. Given the 19mm internal width I’d guess most 25mm tires would maybe balloon out to ~27ish mm on this rim which would mate well with the 27.5-29mm external width of them.

That’s exactly what I was thinking however when I read that 28’s can fit on the new P5, figuered I’d ask you fellow owners.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, it is really annoying and gets worse the longer I ride it.

Release the 2 pincj bolts from the ‘stem’ , give the inside of the stem some carbon paste and put it over the fork again. What also seem to work is release the wedge of the mono riser, apply carbon paste and put it back into position while wiggling it a little back amd forth so it slides in place. Put the tension back on the wedge and it is probably fixed.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jacob,

This how mine looks right now in full action :-) I will send you a pic of the p3x cockpit set up later because the bike is still at home after the race.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jeroen, my wife was also competing in Almere and whilst supporting her apparently I saw you around with your bike a couple of times (once the day before in the expo and also on race day at the bike coach point)!

Anyway, very nice looking setup, it's the first time id seen a fully built P3x cockpit in the flesh on one. How was your race and also the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polo_1272 wrote:
Hey Jeroen, my wife was also competing in Almere and whilst supporting her apparently I saw you around with your bike a couple of times (once the day before in the expo and also on race day at the bike coach point)!

Anyway, very nice looking setup, it's the first time id seen a fully built P3x cockpit in the flesh on one. How was your race and also the bike?

The bike is great, it is really a very nice bike with this P3X cockpit if you want tilt. For me it makes all the difference in being really comfortable compared to the standard cockpit.
Hope your wife had a great race. Mine was, unfortunately, already done 3 weeks ago when I ended up with a metatarsalgie. Inflamation of a nerve between the 3rd and 4th forefoot bones on my left foot.
Tried to avoid too much stress on it for the past 3 weeks, no running at all and limited amount of walking. It already bothered me during the first lap of the bike but into the 3rd running lap the pain in the foot was unbearable so had to quit after 21 km of running.

Too bad, because the weather couldn't be better, well, for me a few degrees warmer would be nice. The first 15 km on the bike was just shivering of cold :-).

But the bike was very nice :-)

jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very sorry to hear that! I hope it recovers quickly and you can enjoy another race soon. You're right that the weather was incredible on Saturday, certainly perfect for the bike in such conditions.

Glad the bike was good (obviously!) - I also have the P3x cockpit for exactly the same reason of tilt. I hope to build it very soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Jeroen,

Your setup and position are spot on. Very nice. I find the slight tilt allows me to be more comfortable while also allowing me to turtle my head for better aerodynamics - verified in the tunnel :)

Yes, please send a pic of your EX10 (P3X) set up. I think others would like to see it too.

Cheers,

Jakub

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexne wrote:
So after about 1200km on the Turbo with the P5 Disc I finally managed to get outside with it. And it feels quick....my legs not so much. But I feel that it is a massive improvement on my previous Triathlon bike, which was the Felt IA FRD.

Can you please highlight where is the massive improvement.
Moving from Felt IA myself, the only big difference I feel is the disc breaks that actually stop the bike. Everything else for me is just nicer, but not a big deal: more modern, di2 integrated, a bit lighter, easy to adjust (really a one-off thing), must stiffer (which is actually a pain on shitty roads)
Most important, after a few hundred miles with it, I don't think there's a difference in speed.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the bike, just wondering where people see a massive improvement from a high-end bike like the IA.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it comes down to fit and rids quality for me. The P5 has a slightly longer TT, so it just fits my position better. Also i feel with it being thru-axle and having disc brakes is a massive improvement to how solid the bike feels. When I m climbing standing up their is no flex in the frame which I put down to the thru-axles. And the Pads and Extensions feel more solid and less flimsy, and with myself being 90kg I notice more teh bike build quality. And if I feel more comfortable then I m faster in the long term.

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Hi All,

I'm still looking to design a rear box for the P5D. Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area with a P5D that would be willing to let me take some measurements off the rear to develop a box for it?

Yann

Any update on a P5D draft box?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
yannb wrote:
Hi All,

I'm still looking to design a rear box for the P5D. Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area with a P5D that would be willing to let me take some measurements off the rear to develop a box for it?

Yann

I’m hoping to print the prototype for 54 tomorrow and test fit this weekend. Unfortunately the owner of the bike is an hour away from me.

What size frame is yours?

I’m still looking for other frame sizes in the San Francisco Bay Area.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be honest i think most p5d owners would rather get a storage unit that replaces the aero bottle instead of a draft box.

A draft box would kill the looks of the frame design i think.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
To be honest i think most p5d owners would rather get a storage unit that replaces the aero bottle instead of a draft box.

Jeroen

The reason for the draft box is that people might still want to have bottle in bb. But I will work on a bb box as well when I go test fit the draft box.

What size is your frame and where are you?

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
yannb wrote:
Hi All,

Yann

I’m hoping to print the prototype for 54 tomorrow and test fit this weekend. Unfortunately the owner of the bike is an hour away from me.

I'm on a 2015 P3 size 54 right now. I'm guessing I'll be on a 54 on the P5D ... even though it's a longer frame. I'm in New York though. Can someone in the Bay Area with a P5D please help this dude out? Maybe offer a discount to the person who let's you measure their bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:

Jeroen

Based on pics from Jann's site, the draft box looks good on the regular P5, IMO.

I probably won't even use the Draft Box on race day, as I'll just take 1 tube, co2, lever and duct tape it under the seat. I'd like the draft box so when I do 100 mile Long Rides in training I can store a couple of spares, Allen wrench, levers, etc... and I can use my downtube for nutrition which means less convenience store stops. And not really concerned how the Bike looks during a training ride, or if it's optimally tuned for aerodynamics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:

Jeroen

The reason for the draft box is that people might still want to have bottle in bb. But I will work on a bb box as well when I go test fit the draft box.

What size is your frame and where are you?

I’m based in the netherlands so a bit too far. However, i do have access to a 56 which is my bike. And also a 51 if that would help. But i guess you want to measure things yourself. But if you want i can measure things up. I have a fit studio / tri shop with pretty good access to the p5d.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AND... still not sure why Cervelo can't design and manufacturer in-house integrated front hydration system (Canyon Speedmax, Scott) and a draft Box (Trek Speed Concept). Instead they put their time and money into a beam bike that's weighs as much as a small boulder, but has lots of storage!! Oy...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be interested in a bb box as well to replace bottle on down tube. Currently have cut open the bottle bottom and stuffed road kit in it. Am a size 56....if your in Los Angeles before March I would let you measure it.

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
yannb wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
yannb wrote:
Hi All,

Yann

I'm on a 2015 P3 size 54 right now. I'm guessing I'll be on a 54 on the P5D ... even though it's a longer frame. I'm in New York though. Can someone in the Bay Area with a P5D please help this dude out? Maybe offer a discount to the person who let's you measure their bike?

I am offering a substantial discount on the box to whoever lets me measure their bike.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TheJakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheJakes wrote:
Hey Jeroen,

Your setup and position are spot on. Very nice. I find the slight tilt allows me to be more comfortable while also allowing me to turtle my head for better aerodynamics - verified in the tunnel :)

Yes, please send a pic of your EX10 (P3X) set up. I think others would like to see it too.

Cheers,

YES PLEASE

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [caodecaca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caodecaca wrote:
TheJakes wrote:
Hey Jeroen,

Cheers,

YES PLEASE

Will do on Thursday / Friday. Currently on holiday :-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
updated my cervelo p5d to 50˚ J-Bend, and then put a angled spacers for arm rests (from AeroCoach shop)
and now it seem good.

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, they sure did make a fast bike. I used it yesterday at a local half iron and I went 35 sec slower than 2 years ago on my P5, but I put out 25 less watts yesterday. I am very pleased to know that the bike looks to be faster than the P5 in real world conditions (same course, same position, etc.)

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply

Prev Next