Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Insilvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to run 2 bottle off the back?
Was thinking use one bottle as flat kit.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put a Minoura 2 bottle rack on back https://www.amazon.com/...-Mount/dp/B076LS2TYH I'll used this set up for years, and also works for racking your bike. I converted the aero bottle to my flat/repair kit. I LOVE the bike and the way I have it set up.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any thoughts on revolver`s solution for tilt on the P5D compared to the EX10? the advantages of revolver is that one can keep the neat cockpit, anyone see any drawbacks?
will one get the same position?
link : https://www.revolverwheels.co.uk/...sions-30-50-degrees/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [erikssen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went the Revolver option. It retains the neat aesthetic as you say but I do have 1 problem I didn't foresee, maybe peculiar to me. I guess I'm relatively short in the forearm (I'm 5'6" on a 51 frame) but I've found I have pretty much zero adjustment available on front pad reach. The base bar is integral and fixed position as is effectively the pad mount position. I need the pads mounted in the most extreme forward position in order for my hands to comfortably reach the tips of the poles, this in spite of me chopping 10mm off the expensive extension and enough off of the monopole fork to allow me to fully insert it. It's kind of hard to explain but because the poles insert into the monoriser through a forked monopole there's a limit to how far they will go in and that in turn limits the smallest distance you can have between the pads and the tips. In effect, my hands are locked in only 1 position. If you take stack and reach point as being where your hands meet the poles I am unable to alter my hand reach. I can extend the poles out further but because the pads are already at their forward limit I can't move them with the poles. The way I see it is that this is a design flaw with the 1 size fits all monoriser. If you're a bigger rider on something like a 56 frame the chances are your forearm is somewhat longer than mine. You would then be able to utilise some considerable adjustability in reach for pads and poles together. I can't. To be fair to Cervelo, with the std mono pole I could have had a degree of adjustability (although I would still have needed to chop the fork down a bit) but the Revolver extension exacerbates the problem as it moves the tips further away from the pads. I can just about work a position around it but it's far from ideal and if I was doing it again I would go the EX10 route to give me lots more flexibility. EX10 also gives you more pad width options. I'm at extreme width of EX11 and with some bad bursitis on my shoulder I'm only just able to manage. It would be nice to have the option of just a little more width until I'm fully fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Is there a way to run 2 bottle off the back?

Was thinking use one bottle as flat kit.

THis is what I used. Uses the back bracket. Awesome

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/b-rad-double-bottle-cage-adapter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Ok I am lazy and don't feel like skimming over 55 pages of this thread........ I have owned multiple treks (two for sale now) had a shiv disc, recovering from a back injury....... Dont have a TT Bike for 2021.

I have never owed a Cervelo.

Looking at a Cervelo mostly for the highly adjustable front end that I can raise or lower stack height based on how my back feels.

What are the downsides of the Cervelo or is a p3x a better option?

if you want to race / train with 2 bottles and a flat kit what are the solutions?

Brendan
i wound up with a P3X over the P5D mostly because i read the beam bike helps with comfort by dampening a lot of the road. that was not a lie. this may be helpful to your back issues. i also wanted easy tilt, which the P3X offers natively over the P5D.

i love the adjustability of the front end. is super easy and very quick.

the removable storage box right over the crank is pretty much useless and not something you can fiddle with while riding. i was looking forward to using it, but my cell phone wont even fit in it. i pulled it and i just use a cycling wallet in my jersey pocket that i bought from silca.

the bento has room for plenty of goodies, but ive yanked it and im using a custom bike xcessories setup for a shiv bladder, which im liking very much. the bladder plus one bottle above the crank and two behind the seat equals 4 hours of nutrition.

lastly, i dont remember the user here, but i grilled him pretty good on the handling of the P5D versus PX bike as he owns both, P5D was for shorter course stuff and the P3X would be for 70.3 and up. his sentiment was that the handling was so close he always went to his PX as it natively suited his needs more.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [claypole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would my culprit CSR pads help?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polo_1272 wrote:
BBright shells can do both - what BB or crankset did your bike come with?

Cerveo sells both sizes of their 'BBright connect' style thread together BB, which should be available through your local cervelo dealer.

Otherwise brands like Rotor cover every type of BBright to crankset combination you could imagine.

Guys in the know on P5 Disk, I want to put on my quarq dzero bb30 crank but my bike shop says the bb width on the p5 is too wide and I’d have to use another crank? Is it best to go gap or dub in that case? Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, Quarqs bb30 fits bbright its a wider axle than ‘normal’ bb30 so it just means its a different spacer setup. There was a simple quarq manual showing it somewhere but cant find it on a quick google search (its late here in the UK!). Do some digging and im sure you’ll find it.

I have a quarq bb30 on my cervelo s5 so can guarantee it fits fine. I nearly got the same for my p5 but end up going for the DUB version only because there was an extra discount at the time.

EDIT: here you go https://quarq.zendesk.com/...pdf?mobile_site=true
Last edited by: Polo_1272: Nov 6, 20 16:57
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I assumed it would fit. Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
erikssen wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on revolver`s solution for tilt on the P5D compared to the EX10? the advantages of revolver is that one can keep the neat cockpit, anyone see any drawbacks?

I didn´t know that. It´s great option. And half price of ex10

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simple question.. having never examined a P5d up close, does removal or installation of the smaller "smartpak" storage container require removing the riser bar completely (from pictures it looks to me like the riser goes through the smartpak?), and, if so, is this easily done after all the wiring/cabling is installed? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [jmhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, and yes. Yes, it have to removed because it is a closed slot the mono post goes through. But the Di2 cable is 2 part cable at that point with that 2 way cable junction. So it is super easy, not even a 5 min job.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
erikssen wrote:

This would be my solution for tilt on a P5d... 20* tilt wedge from either a 3rd party vendor or 3d printed and 50* ski bend extensions.

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Ok I am lazy and don't feel like skimming over 55 pages of this thread........ I have owned multiple treks (two for sale now) had a shiv disc, recovering from a back injury....... Dont have a TT Bike for 2021.

Looking at a Cervelo mostly for the highly adjustable front end that I can raise or lower stack height based on how my back feels.

if you want to race / train with 2 bottles and a flat kit what are the solutions?

Brendan

regarding your back, have you considered a saddle intervention? A neutral back and spine does wonders for long ride back pain, and getting that requires pelvic rotation, which requires you to have the right seat. Something to consider.

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:

Brendan

regarding your back, have you considered a saddle intervention? A neutral back and spine does wonders for long ride back pain, and getting that requires pelvic rotation, which requires you to have the right seat. Something to consider.

Eric

"Saddle intervention" love it...... tried a few saddles over the years..... the sittero is the only one I have found true comfort. I mean I will try anything to make things better! I can just now handle 2-3 hour trainer rides on a road bike. I have always had extremely tight hamstrings but do seem to get really good pelvic rotation, which does seem to perplex people. Idk honestly I have a great position from a Cda perceptive that I can hold but always looking to get into a better or even more comfortable position.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me if the Dura Ace verision is worth the extra money over the E-Tap?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [AllInYourHead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Dura Ace Di2 on my P5, and Red etap AXS on my P5d . . . Both are fabulous, but I now prefer the latter.

Best wishes,

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [AllInYourHead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Etap all the way for me. Just easier.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to Eric, but asking the group (not sure if this is better here or one of the travel threads):

Current thoughts on bike boxes for the P5d? I ride a 58.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello!
I'm riding new P5 Disc - it's awesome, but I'm looking for more storage options. I've heard about making the storage box from the frame water bottle. It seems like a very good idea as I'm not gonna use it for drinking - it's not so comfortable as the water bottle on the handlebar and a bottle behind the seat. I consider making a cut along the bottle on the bottom surface, to keep there spare tube and CO2 inflator. The water bottle hole is too small to take out the tools (but you probably will be able to put them inside and left them there forever!). But I think how to close the hole, maybe some kind of elastic rubber, like the bottom bracket storage box in old Spec Shiv?
I don't expect to use it very often so it don't have to be really easy to access. But for me tools for fixing a flat tire is a must-have for a long distance (2 years ago it secured my Kona slot!).

Did anybody make something similar? Maybe do you have some photos?

Regards and be safe
Adam
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [niziu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Adam,

Yes, I made a flat kit out of the downtube water bottle. I cut a flap down the back (next to the downtube. I taped it close, but the bottle holder holds it closed and fairly secure, Unfortunately I have had the "opportunity" to use the flat kit in a race. It worked fine with easy access.

Best wishes,

David
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [niziu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should check out custom bike accessories.

2 options for P5d on their site.

I have the p5x fuselage device and it's excellent.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the best options for front end hydration if your running the P5d for Triathlon? Any tips on something fairly integrated?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Maka_tak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately not much.

Best option seems to be standard BTA bottle or BTA torpedo for refills.

The latter bugged me with spillage onto cockpit when refilling on the fly if bumpy roads.
If taking more care it can be kept to a minimum.

Not found any integrated option yet and given frame setup not likely.
Quote Reply

Prev Next