Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had my issues with the Crono cx but I have been issuing it for a while and have nailed down a 1 ounce squirt(put 1600 cals in for IM) and the solution I use is pretty thick so it doesn't leak out the spout. I know they optimized the stock bottle for the bike though so do you think it would be less aero than theirs by more than a watt or so?
Last edited by: BGildenstern: Nov 26, 19 9:57
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t own a P5D even though I tried that Cervelo bottle, so I dot officially know but having used the Chrono bottle, I doubt there is much, if any aero penalty if you used it on P5D frame.

Good advice on Chrono....I’m debating between it an Xlab. I like looks of Chrono much more but Xlab bottle is more functional
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finished the build one week ago, Rained almost every day since. Pretty clean build, did not use the rubber base bare grip. We were able to get the blips under it but I did not like the feel. Went with bar tape instead. Stuffed the blip box in the front bento box, not a fan but it works.
Only thing that bugged me - computer mount is useless as supplied, Why?
I did manage a 20 mile ride out on my “testing” loop. Stiffer than my speed concept out of the saddle. Seems to be a little more stable than the speed concept in a good crosswind.
Looks like a rain ride coming up, good test for the disk brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [eclouis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks great!! I also have the e-tap AXS and am really liking it. I kept the cervelo grips with the blips under them and so far it works well.

I tried the computer mount like you have but my old eyes couldn't read it. We created an "extender" to drop the mount that came with the bike just enough so that I could get the computer on and off. It is perfect!

Tell me bout your wheels choice, and your tire(s) and tubes. I have the same front and a Super 9 disc, but will need to get a non-disc rear for next year. Tell me your thought process on the 858s. I *think* I like the front and was planning on a matching rear but am interested in your thoughts/experience. Believe it or not this is my first time on clinchers so I am learning and figuring out a new "system" for training and racing. FYI - I am training on Zipp 302s and really am enjoying them.

Also, I have 2 bottles behind the seat and converted the water bottle to a spare kit. This seems to work very well for me. Yann's stuff is great and I had his draft box on my old P5, but I'm not sure I'll need it on this bike.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Nov 30, 19 4:37
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David
Running GP5000 with latex tubes.
added the XLab strike for tube & inflator.
I’ve run 808 tubulars for several years on my speed concepts. Started racing on the 858’s at 70.3 Waco 2018, so a year on them. The front / rear combo is just fast and stable. I can only describe it as the wheels have the ability to disperse side pressure in a crosswind much faster than than the 808’s.
I am thankful they as so expensive most people won’t/can’t buy them - advantage me:)
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [eclouis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
23mm back and front?

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
25's both ends.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any suggestion/idea for front hydration system for P5Disc?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [kokos74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Xlab Torpedo and the stock Garmin mount... it's a great setup. I used it at Ironman Florida for the first time and really liked it. My bottle is black though so I couldn't see what volume of liquid I had inside, I'll probably get the white bottle now instead. The stock Garmin mount doesn't work for me though, I need a better solution for that.

I'm selling the stock 30 degree extensions (never used) as well as the 50 degree extensions (lightly used). If anyone is interested PM me.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [kokos74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i used a speedfil a2 bottle with the z4 cage in my last race. it worked well for my purposes.
The stock downtube bottle i macgyvered into a my flat kit.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if you have the draft box for the 58 yet?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Bogusdogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bogusdogs wrote:
Just wondering if you have the draft box for the 58 yet?

Not yet, I haven’t been able to locate one locally to measure. Where are you? Shoot me an email at yanb@custombikexcessories.com and I can send you some basic instructions for measuring the rear of your frame.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about to modify my aero bottle to serve as a flat kit and I hope I can learn something from you. Can you share your "Macgyver " experience and especially if you would change anything?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished building mine up and fairly happy with it.
A few bits to finish:
  • Blips currently under the base bar grips, but will likely move them onto levers, to make it easier to brake and shift at same time.
  • A bit of fine tuning of position and will decide if I need a P3x front end to allow me to tilt the aero bars or if the standard horizontal set up will suffice.
  • Sort out a better mount for my Garmin
  • Also think maybe 160mm discs are overkill and will switch to 140's.

Last edited by: tonto1: Dec 10, 19 21:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm about to modify my aero bottle to serve as a flat kit and I hope I can learn something from you. Can you share your "Macgyver " experience and especially if you would change anything?"
----
I just cut a flap all the way down the bottle on the bottom/bottle cage side. I just tape it shut, but it really just holds itself together when the bottle is snapped in the cage. I wrap everything in small bubble bubblewrap and it holds everything perfectly . . . I don't even know it is there. I fortunately needed to use it during my firs IM on the bike. Everything worked well.

David
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [tonto1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the 50 degree bars, this barfly mount works great for the Garmin. Allows you to take it on and off unlike the mount that comes with the bike.

https://barflybike.com/...enter-bar-stem-mount
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a spare monoriser setup for sale if anyone is after one
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...s_P6972693/#p6972693
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did pretty much exactly the same. I have not had to use tape at all and it seems to stay in the cage no problem. The plastic is fairly stiff so once you close the flap that you cut open on the bike side of the bottle it seems to stay put.

david wrote:
"I'm about to modify my aero bottle to serve as a flat kit and I hope I can learn something from you. Can you share your "Macgyver " experience and especially if you would change anything?"
----
I just cut a flap all the way down the bottle on the bottom/bottle cage side. I just tape it shut, but it really just holds itself together when the bottle is snapped in the cage. I wrap everything in small bubble bubblewrap and it holds everything perfectly . . . I don't even know it is there. I fortunately needed to use it during my firs IM on the bike. Everything worked well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seth wrote:
I'm about to modify my aero bottle to serve as a flat kit and I hope I can learn something from you. Can you share your "Macgyver " experience and especially if you would change anything?

Check out my bottom bracket box solution:

https://custombikexcessories.com/...ge=t%2Fcervelop5disc

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have anyone noticed a small play in the fork in the P5D? I've always tighten it per the manual, but no matter how hard I tighten the bolts, when I brake and move the bike forward it seems a bit loose.

Also something strange is that normally when you tighten too much the stem cap, it will be hard to steer the handlebar, but with this bike no matter how hard I tighten those bolts, it never happen.

It has never seem an issue because when I ride the bike, the fork haven't felt loose. But today I noticed a sound on the fork when climbing standing on the pedals. Not an issue at all when handling the bike at high speed.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure it is play in the head set? When you brake and hold the brake lever and push the bike forward/backward there is a little movement from the brake which could feel a there is a little play in the headset but is actually the brake.

We have built quite a few but we never had any with play in the head set.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [tonto1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great looking bike.

What’s the grip you have on your extensions?

Regards

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just received my 2020 P5D - and I'm very happy to share it with you on this thread.

Need to finalize hydration systems (probably a Gorilla bottle cage behind the saddle, and a Profile Design Aero HC system on the bars - heard there's a full black version coming early 2020, that should be a nice match with the bike), and a Garmin mount.

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet rig! What saddle are you using on this?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Chubbychums] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - it is a BiSaddle and as for the model name, I believe it is the ShapeShifter EXT. But I let Jeroen correct me if I'm mistaken, as he's the one who provided it to me after my fitting.

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply

Prev Next