Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions where to get MY 2020 frameset in Europe? My local dealer only has MY 2019 navy/coral, and I'd much prefer the black / graphite one.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey ClarkWGriz,

With the EX10(P3X) riser on the new 58cm P5D, we could hit close to the same stack as the previous 61cm P5 High V but with greater fore / aft range and a tilt option. For comparison, the 2020 P5D with EX10 (P3X) riser has a MAX stack of 730mm. The P5 with Aduro / High V + all the spacers reached 750mm stack. The number of riders who rode the 61cm P5 with the High V and all the spacers was extremely small. If that was you or anyone else, using pad spacers can gain you the extra stack.
The stock EX11 riser on the P5D reaches 700mm of stack. The P5 is both a time trial and triathlon bike. With the 2 riser options we can accommodate the shorter distance TT guys (Sunweb) who want to go very low and save weight as well as longer course triathletes who can benefit from a slightly higher more comfortable position.

Hope that answers the question for you and anyone else wondering the same.

Cheers,
Jakub

Jakub

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TheJakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for explanation.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I'm still looking to design a rear box for the P5D. Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area with a P5D that would be willing to let me take some measurements off the rear to develop a box for it?

Yann

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [JHeiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JHeiro wrote:
Any suggestions where to get MY 2020 frameset in Europe? My local dealer only has MY 2019 navy/coral, and I'd much prefer the black / graphite one.

The black frameset is due around mid to end september. The first of the new black design is the DA edition, then the Ultegra and last the frameset.
My DA is coming today or tomorrow a little earlier then exoected, so maybe the frameset also comes in a week sooner.

Regards,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where/how are you mounting your computer? I am just getting set up. It is really to cumbersome for daily trainer, etc, to use the mount that came with the bike. I am trying a K-edge but that is putting it right between the extensions . . . great for viewing but hard to get my hands around the extensions. I'm trying to figure out options with the BTA and the tight spaces. thank you.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have my 820 set up on the provided mount and it fits easily under my hands just in front of the bottle. I can see it without moving my head and it is accessible (albeit from different angles since it lies just below the extensions) to start/stop/lap, etc with no hindrance.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you need to take the mount on/off every time you use it? I'm not sure I can do that.

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, the Garmin twists off as it does on any other mount. Causes absolutely no issues. I can PM you some photos if that will help

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM sent - thank you!

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheJakes wrote:
Hey ClarkWGriz,

With the EX10(P3X) riser on the new 58cm P5D, we could hit close to the same stack as the previous 61cm P5 High V but with greater fore / aft range and a tilt option. For comparison, the 2020 P5D with EX10 (P3X) riser has a MAX stack of 730mm. The P5 with Aduro / High V + all the spacers reached 750mm stack. The number of riders who rode the 61cm P5 with the High V and all the spacers was extremely small. If that was you or anyone else, using pad spacers can gain you the extra stack.
The stock EX11 riser on the P5D reaches 700mm of stack. The P5 is both a time trial and triathlon bike. With the 2 riser options we can accommodate the shorter distance TT guys (Sunweb) who want to go very low and save weight as well as longer course triathletes who can benefit from a slightly higher more comfortable position.

Hope that answers the question for you and anyone else wondering the same.

Cheers,
Jakub

Hello Jakub,

Question, i am just setting up my P5 with the ex10 riser post but wondered what your thought are on putting the new junction bix since the one in the ex11 post is just not there in the ex10 post. Would you put it in the 100 pac? Just to be sure, can you use the ex11 riser post wedge also on the ex10 post as well or do you specifacly need the ex10 wedge?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the EX10 riser I have placed the bar end junction at the back of the right extension on my P5. I did make a small notch in the plastic of the junction for the wire to exit beside it. It ends up looking very clean though.
Same wedge for the EX10 and 11.

Jakub

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just tape the RS910 into the back of the extension for now, there is a product coming that will sort it neatly without cutting holes.
Also, don't get carbon extensions if you want to stick the junction in, unless you're happy to mill out the back of the extension.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheJakes wrote:
For the EX10 riser I have placed the bar end junction at the back of the right extension on my P5. I did make a small notch in the plastic of the junction for the wire to exit beside it. It ends up looking very clean though.
Same wedge for the EX10 and 11.

Thanks Jakub, that was indeed the best solution. Quite clean!.

It is an awesome machine.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Just tape the RS910 into the back of the extension for now, there is a product coming that will sort it neatly without cutting holes.
Also, don't get carbon extensions if you want to stick the junction in, unless you're happy to mill out the back of the extension.

Hi David,

Indeed the best solution for now. Pretty cleam, but looking forward to the new product that is coming.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:

Is it possible to put some pics? to help the people like me.
Tks

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [caodecaca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to check if you were able to fit the Neo 2. If possible, could you send through some photos please?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What bars are you using that the Garmin fits without taking the mount on and off? I am looking at the 2020 frame with the 50 degree bars and not seeing how my Garmin 520 will fit without taking the mount on and off which would be a complete pain. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [caodecaca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi caodecaca,
I'll take a pic of my P5 tonight to show you how the junction sits inside the extension.

Jakub

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the S-bend option and I can take off and put on my 820 with no problem. It seems to me that the bend for the 30/50 or S-bend is at the same point and the Garmin sits under each.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My shop made an extension for mine and it works great. My guy measured, exactly to the mm, and then cut old valve extenders to use as extensions. I'll snap a photo this evening and post it.

David
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It took a little longer than I thought, but it is here and ready to go. I’ve got about 100 miles on it and I am loving it. I really like the way everything turned out.

SRAM Etap Red AXS with integrated Quark, Zipp sub 9 and 858, Zipp 302 “training “ wheels, custom modified Garmin mount, and my trusty Fizik saddle.

David
Last edited by: david: Aug 21, 19 4:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gorgeous!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:

I took a little longer than I thought, but it is here and ready to go. I’ve got about 100 miles on it and I am loving it. I really like the way everything turned out.

SRAM Etap Red AXS with integrated Quark, Zipp sub 9 and 845, Zipp 302 “training “ wheels, custom modified Garmin mount, and my trusty Fizik saddle.

you paid for this out of all the profits you made putting on your race, right? ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next