Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are right!
it does not come as standard ... no bluetooth also in the top rated USD12500 bike..

thanks Cervelo!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [kdx200] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would prefer the bike to come with the P3X cockpit instead of bluetooth connection.
I think that to do it, i have to pay 470€/450$, and this part is indispensable

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Last edited by: caodecaca: Feb 18, 20 3:33
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Any one is using EX 10 extension with drag2zero poles?
I wonder if you can fit a bottle if using the high version ?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone testing how much of an aero penalty the stock P5D cockpit has compared with the P3X with angled bars?
I have the P5d and using the stock cockpit with the 30degree bend and don’t find it uncomfortable but wondering what kind of aero difference it would be with the P3X and say 51 Speedshop ultimate extensions as those were the extensions I had on my previous P5.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it depends on the rider, but have read from guys with wind tunnel testing knowledge on this forum, that most of the times angled bars is actually slower than horizontal bars.

The main reason I know people switch to the PX cockpit on the P5D is just for being more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably i will switch to PX cockpit. I can't find a comfortable position arms with my actually P5D.
And I changed from 30 to 50 degrees

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
I use the Xlab Torpedo and the stock Garmin mount... it's a great setup. I used it at Ironman Florida for the first time and really liked it. My bottle is black though so I couldn't see what volume of liquid I had inside, I'll probably get the white bottle now instead. The stock Garmin mount doesn't work for me though, I need a better solution for that.

I'm selling the stock 30 degree extensions (never used) as well as the 50 degree extensions (lightly used). If anyone is interested PM me.

I tried that same black torpedo, screwed on to the mounting spot. The straw was much too far back for me. Does it work on the road for you?

ETA - my mistake. Didn’t actually try the Torpedo - different bottle.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Last edited by: MI_Mumps: Mar 16, 20 13:00
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triracerboy wrote:
i used a speedfil a2 bottle with the z4 cage in my last race. it worked well for my purposes.
The stock downtube bottle i macgyvered into a my flat kit.

I am trying that Speedfill - straw out front makes more sense than the torpedo straw in back for my position.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [caodecaca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" I can't find a comfortable position arms with my actually P5D."
-----------------------------------------------------
How long have you had it, and how much experience do you have riding aero bars? In my experience, if you had the fit basics pretty good then your body can adapt pretty well to these types of differences. Mine is now VERY comfortable withe 30 degree stock bars, but it took a little time.

Depending on where your discomfort is, very tiny saddle adjustments can have a big effect on bar comfort. Hope it works out for you.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
" I can't find a comfortable position arms with my actually P5D."
-----------------------------------------------------
How long have you had it, and how much experience do you have riding aero bars? In my experience, if you had the fit basics pretty good then your body can adapt pretty well to these types of differences. Mine is now VERY comfortable withe 30 degree stock bars, but it took a little time.

Depending on where your discomfort is, very tiny saddle adjustments can have a big effect on bar comfort. Hope it works out for you.

That is actually not quite true, straight aerobars give a totally different structural body support -in certain positions- then bars angled up. Having fitted quite a few people of the P5D and owning one myself i have customers that have tried the straight bars and didn’t like it and a few others did. But most, including myself find the difference between the aerobar tilt or none a world of difference in how the bike feels.

I rode it with the PX cockpit, loved the bike, gave that to a customer to help him out with comfort issues just before his big race, so rode mine for some weeks quite a lot with the straight 50’s and found it actually really uncomfortable in my back. Finally Cervelo, just before my big race, send me a new PX cockpit and the bike became super comfortable again.

From experience i would say we sell 85 to 90 % the P5D with the PX cockpit.
But if straight works for you, great ;-).

I enjoy mine with tilt a lot

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Mar 15, 20 9:31
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up there are 2 positions for the straw on all Torpedo bottles. One in the 'rear' behind the refill cap and one in the front ahead of the refill cap. This picture has the straw mounted in the front.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My apologies! It isn’t a Torpedo - that would actually work as well. Mine was a Profile Design. I’ll edit the original post. Thanks!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
caodecaca wrote:
My beauty... Not full upgrade... And i have to make a bikefit first

How did you attach the flat kit to the rear bottle holder please? I ride tubeless, so do not need a tube, but need co2 and a tool, thank you

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
caodecaca wrote:
pabloarc wrote:
Nice! what are you using to hold the spare tube and CO2 canisters to the rear bottle cage?

XLAB Multi-Strike
can you take close up pictures please of how you attached this?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Candice - XLAB wrote:
Just a heads up there are 2 positions for the straw on all Torpedo bottles. One in the 'rear' behind the refill cap and one in the front ahead of the refill cap. This picture has the straw mounted in the front.
Hi Candine, can you ID this bike owner or figure out if he/she used one of xlab products to attach flat repair kit to the rear bottle cage?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ehardin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately don't know whose ride that is although loving the horse and the paint job - one of my favorites!

As far as the repair kit it is hard to tell, but it looks like there is an inflator and CO2 on one side. We do have a repair storage device that is like that - it could likely be ours but mounted upside down - called the Multi-Strike Holder: https://www.xlab-usa.com/...e-repair-holder.html

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally all ready for Graz 70.3 & Escape from Alcatraz ...... but I think first race since upgrades will be Superfroq 70.3 if we are lucky.

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size is it?

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a size 56.

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" Finally Cervelo, just before my big race, send me a new PX cockpit and the bike became super comfortable again."
-------
It would be nice to see detailed photos of your set up.

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about to sell a bike with that setup, I'll have detailed pics posted soon.... I'm either selling the P5D or the PX... just need to decide which one! Hard to decide between two great bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ehardin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI! my bike. I use the XLab Multi-Strike Repair holder. Ive got a 6mm allen wrench strapped in with the tube.
work great! any questions message me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Candice, it is the Multi-Strike Repair kit. works great!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [eclouis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI! my bike. I use the XLab Multi-Strike Repair holder. Ive got a 6mm allen wrench strapped in with the tube.
work great! any questions message me.
-------------------------------------------------------
Tell ehardin I was right!!

We would all love it if you would send close up photos.

OH! and tell me about the 858s . . . pleased? Which tires and tubes.

Thank you,

David
Last edited by: david: Mar 23, 20 14:57
Quote Reply

Prev Next