Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [super_6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I don't understand why people find it useless... it's not the greatest but you can work with it pretty good."
----------------------------------

I too converted mine to a spare kit and it is perfect for that application.

Interestingly I have grown to love the original bars with the 30 degree extensions. I feel very comfortable and in control.

Lastly, I also like the stock Cervelo rubber grips on the base bars. The only issue is the seem to slide around and twist particularly in hot weather. Any good tricks to solve that?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Jun 23, 20 7:56
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone else run into a problem with the EX11 monoriser, where the extensions won't adjust far enough back due to the junction box taking up space inside the riser?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Sallert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can always cut the extensions. They should go far enough inside the monoriser to be safe

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a couple of rear storage boxes for the P5 disc available in sizes 51, 54 and 56 (1 each) for immediate shipment at a discounted price of $180, that's a $20 savings. Shipping within US is around $8.50, international is around $25.

order here: https://custombikexcessories.com/...r-immediate-shipment

Shown here on a 54 p5d.

I've got a 51, 54 and 56 box available

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have two questions related to the P5D:

- what hydration systems fit with the seatpost and offer the possibility to get two bottle cages?

- could you please share some examples of transformed OG aerobottles into toolboxes? (I know it's just a matter of cutting the rear of the bottle but would love to see some examples before messing up with mine)

Thanks!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  1. My rear bottle holder is Minoura - very simple and works great. I have Profile Kages and never launch. I've had the same set up since my 1st P3 in 1999. See: https://www.amazon.com/...-Mount/dp/B076LS2TYH
  2. To turn the aero bottle into a spare kit, I just cut a flap in the back. It holds itself together when you snap it in the cage. I took a piece of small bubble bubble wrap and made a little baggie that I stick the spare kit in. It works absolutely perfectly.

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See post 1322 for how to transform the aerobottle into a toolbox

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That doesn’t fit the seatpost, just the saddle rails.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi A.

As far as i know there is no option -yer- for a 2 bottle system that fits on the proprietary cervelo seatpost mount.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched out the single bottle mount that came on the bike and replaced it with the Tririg beta seat mount and added two kappa cages and they all work great. I'm happy.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [mproctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you please send a link to those. I have not heard of them. Thank you so much!

David
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [mproctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know. I didn't think the Beta was compatible with the P5D

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jlentzke wrote:
Good to know. I didn't think the Beta was compatible with the P5D

Sadly, it isn't. Maybe OP is using a different bike (like the original P5 rim)? Sorry for any misinformation there.

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Jul 10, 20 18:30
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for clarifying

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Jeroen. And thanks to all of you for the quick replies and suggestions.

One other question: my bike was sold to me with no assembly paste on the seatpost. I checked in the assembly manual and Cervélo recommends to put some, so I went ahead and followed the recommendation. I applied the 8Nm torque spec when putting the seatpost back in. However on my long ride today the seatpost was creaking and it eventually dropped by a few centimeters. What did I do wrong? Too much paste or not enough torque?

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What paste did you use? Did it made a somewhat sound like there is sand mixed in the paste? Or just a more liquid one?

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously not the same you used on my monoriser ;-) Motorex Carbon paste. Had it for a couple of years and no issues with other bikes. There is no sand sound whatsoever - but still it is rather dense.

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoping someone can help with headset problem. Finally got to race new P5 after periods of injury then Covid. First bump in the road and the headset has immediate play. Annoying but should adjust ok. Except it doesn't. So I strip it out last night to see what's occurring and the bearing ring seal that should be affixed under the base bar is completely absent. In addition the compression ring is incorrectly inserted and the fork insert is finger loose instead of 8Nm tight. No way that was ever going to adjust properly. I've corrected the insert and the compression ring but still can't adjust properly so I'm guessing there is a bit of depth to the ring seal and without it I don't have enough stack for the pre tension to adjust properly, ie it's bottoming out on the top of the insert (top of steerer in most bikes, but on P5 the Insert sits over the top). I can't believe a seemingly reputable Cervelo dealer would assemble and sell like this. No response so far but I urgently want fix for event tomorrow - does anyone know depth of ring seal and whether any generic dust caps will do the job pro tem?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [claypole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Further to previous post ref headset bearing seal ring being missing from my P5 build. Can anyone please advise if the seal ring takes any load, ie is involved in the bearing pre tension? Or is it the case that the Base bar inner lip contacts direct to the compression ring to to take the load? Or perhaps shared between the two? I still have only a very small stack overlap and I have additional problem with the pre tension insert being pulled up the fork instead of the bearings being tensioned, despite being torqued to specified 8Nm. The insert appears to have a metallic mesh to create the hold - would it be permissable to apply carbon assembly paste to this? No mention of it in the manual except for the recommendation between steerer and base bar which is carbon to carbon. To confirm, I have clean and lightly greased threads on the pretension screw and the base bar and fork clamp screws, both torqued to spec. Each time I ride a little play develops and inspection reveals that the insert has just pulled slightly out of the steerer such that there is about a 2mm gap to the lip of the insert, and is now sitting almost level with the top of the base bar - hence headset no longer adjustable. Anyone else having this issue?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake > Grip question [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After a year of riding my basebar grips twist anytime I put any pressure on them. Has anyone tried to use adhesive on them? I know glue can cause a chemical reaction and I don't want to damage the carbon or the grip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wolf Tool Components B-RAD double bottle cage adapter works with the seat post mount. It is designed for their rail system but mounts up securely on the on the P5D with two cages installed.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [C1P5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C1P5 wrote:
Wolf Tool Components B-RAD double bottle cage adapter works with the seat post mount. It is designed for their rail system but mounts up securely on the on the P5D with two cages installed.

Great, thanks for sharing!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [C1P5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's really neat... any photos of it installed on a P5D? Thanks for sharing that.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake > Grip question [vollrath_hokie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vollrath_hokie wrote:
After a year of riding my basebar grips twist anytime I put any pressure on them. Has anyone tried to use adhesive on them? I know glue can cause a chemical reaction and I don't want to damage the carbon or the grip.

FYI - I've got the same issue, and it has caused my blips to cut through the grips just a bit. However, I do let the grips so let me know if you hear of a solution.

David
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Wolf tooth B-RAD double bottle cage adapter
Quote Reply

Prev Next