Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately the EX11 is too expensive to just widen the armrests and I'm afraid of having an extender made as it may compromise the pedestal.

I wish Cervelo comes up with a solution for those of us that want a little bit more adjustability.

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip. Glad to know yours was resolvable. I'll look into it.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in an accident last summer where the fork on my bike snapped just under the stem, sending me flying at quite some speed. I had quite a long stem which probably leveraged a lot of force to the fork when hitting a pot hole, damaging the carbon.

After that I've been looking at bikes that are built without a stem being mounted to the fork but with an integrated stem. It just feels more safe. Problem is I ride quite long and low and it's hard to find bikes like that to my fit numbers.

Until I looked into the P5d. First it seemed too short, but then I noticed that the reach spec is to the back of the pad. So I was hoping to get some help from someone who knows if my assumptions described below are correct?

I've had a bike fit done and I have the saddle at 765mm (172,5 cm crank arms) and at -50mm from BB. My arm pad stack is 625 and my arm pad reach is 535 to center pad. I'm 181cm tall.

Translated to the tool on the cervélo official site, I interpret that my numbers are equivalent to a pad stack of 625 and a pad reach of 490, since these measurements are to the back of the pad? Many pads seem to be around 90mm, so a deduction of 45mm is reasonable when comparing the numbers?

If I have the above assumptions right, then I would be able to fit into both a size 56 and a size 58? My stand over height is limited at 82 which also is fine with the 80,4 on the size 58.

So from the above numbers, I reckon a size 58 would fit me the best, leaving my elbows pretty much in the centre reach-wise and being 42 yo it's not likely I'm gonna need to get any lower.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Oskario] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes the Cervelo pad reach measurements are to the back of the pad and the pad is ~90mm depending on where you measure it (it tapers as I'm sure you've seen in the pictures)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That 58 would be most likely a little tall. I’m having a padstack of 620 and my mono post is about 2 cm down from almost completely being in the frame. Also the frame would look a little off size with that saddle height because there would a short piece seatpost visible sticking out from the frame.
I think a 56 would be a nicer fit and i have to measure but i think you can reach your reach on the 56 as well with mount plat reversed to the front position.

Something new will be shown in a about 4 weeks. You should wait for that.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adding the P3x cockpit extends the potential reach even further compared to whats on the cervelo website.

For comparison, these are my numbers (im 178cm but all legs and no torso... but they still compare enough)

785 saddle at 40 setback
665 stack
515 reach to middle of pads
P3x setup in the fwd position and 10deg angle
~70mm height on the monopost rider
another 20mm hole step available to go fwds on the pads (so could get to your 535)

All on a 56 frame. So i agree with the above, I think a 56 would be suitable, even more so with the cockpit change. Good luck!
Last edited by: Polo_1272: May 14, 20 14:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 50.5 cm reach to back of pad on a 54 p5d, using p3x cockpit (and revolver mono blackbird armrest).
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakesdk wrote:
I have 50.5 cm reach to back of pad on a 54 p5d, using p3x cockpit (and revolver mono blackbird armrest).

Sorry if you've answered this elsewhere, but how did you get the EX-10 monoriser on your P5d?

thanks,
Eric

Edit: Also, your equipment choice deserves a pic!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: May 15, 20 5:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oskario wrote:
I was in an accident last summer where the fork on my bike snapped just under the stem, sending me flying at quite some speed. I had quite a long stem which probably leveraged a lot of force to the fork when hitting a pot hole, damaging the carbon.

After that I've been looking at bikes that are built without a stem being mounted to the fork but with an integrated stem. It just feels more safe. Problem is I ride quite long and low and it's hard to find bikes like that to my fit numbers.

Until I looked into the P5d. First it seemed too short, but then I noticed that the reach spec is to the back of the pad. So I was hoping to get some help from someone who knows if my assumptions described below are correct?

I've had a bike fit done and I have the saddle at 765mm (172,5 cm crank arms) and at -50mm from BB. My arm pad stack is 625 and my arm pad reach is 535 to center pad. I'm 181cm tall.

Translated to the tool on the cervélo official site, I interpret that my numbers are equivalent to a pad stack of 625 and a pad reach of 490, since these measurements are to the back of the pad? Many pads seem to be around 90mm, so a deduction of 45mm is reasonable when comparing the numbers?

If I have the above assumptions right, then I would be able to fit into both a size 56 and a size 58? My stand over height is limited at 82 which also is fine with the 80,4 on the size 58.

So from the above numbers, I reckon a size 58 would fit me the best, leaving my elbows pretty much in the centre reach-wise and being 42 yo it's not likely I'm gonna need to get any lower.

The P5d, *especially* with the EX-10 monoriser from the P3x, is a pretty long and low bike. Yes, as you mentioned Cervelo measures reach to back of pad for the P5d. What are your fit coordinates? There's a thread where you can post your fit coordinates and get a size and configuration recommendation here:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ing=cervelo#p6893963

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean how it works (direct swap for the normal p5d monoriser), or how i got it (Jeroen of TRIPRO was kind enough to sell me one)?

Yep, that's the one :)
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I can get a good deal for a used SRM Powermeter. However spindle sizing is a little confusing. Does anybody know what size of spindle the BB of the P5disc is....either 24mm or 30mm?

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on the bottom bracket you install. The shimano bikes are with 24mm spindle diameter. But you can install any BBright bottom bracket with the spindle size of your choice.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBright shells can do both - what BB or crankset did your bike come with?

Cerveo sells both sizes of their 'BBright connect' style thread together BB, which should be available through your local cervelo dealer.

Otherwise brands like Rotor cover every type of BBright to crankset combination you could imagine.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, ive a dumb (i think) question for the fork.

Do this P5D has the "pin" in the fork to prevent the oversteering / touching the frame?

My p3 2014 has this problem as someday (i think in a car/box trip) the pin fell out and now it has no stop. iam very cautious now with the oversteering.

Thank you very much
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [kdx200] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi KDX, I had a similar problem with my old P5. i found a metal rod that was the right size and cut a length off to bond in place and replace the missing pin. I have the new P5D now and no, it's not the same design. It's more like a rubber mold that fits around the head tube and restricts steering lock. It's not particularly elegant but is certainly functional and won't break or drop out like the pin.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [claypole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! i searched and saw this new piece restrictor but did not realice in wich material was made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Awesome setup. I've just change to the P5X system with tilt and got some back end scoops from tririg. Next week will be the fitting and hopefully some improvement in the position, which was alright but no the greatest.

ericMPro wrote:
jakesdk wrote:

Sorry if you've answered this elsewhere, but how did you get the EX-10 monoriser on your P5d?

thanks,
Eric

Edit: Also, your equipment choice deserves a pic!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am between 6'3 and 6'4 (192cm). I like the P5 Disc and would be (grudgingly) prepared to spend extra on the EX-10 riser that I would definitely need for the pad width. However I also spotted that the basebar is only 38cm wide in all frame sizes and unless I am mistaken it cannot be swapped. I have broad shoulders and my handlebar on the road bike is 44cm. Is it a reasonably safe assumption that this will be a very unhappy relationship with the basebar and the P5d is just not for me?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Dimm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dimm wrote:
I am between 6'3 and 6'4 (192cm). I like the P5 Disc and would be (grudgingly) prepared to spend extra on the EX-10 riser that I would definitely need for the pad width. However I also spotted that the basebar is only 38cm wide in all frame sizes and unless I am mistaken it cannot be swapped. I have broad shoulders and my handlebar on the road bike is 44cm. Is it a reasonably safe assumption that this will be a very unhappy relationship with the basebar and the P5d is just not for me?

This is probably not very helpful but as a former bodybuilder I have very broad shoulders (5'10, 42inch chest lean) and I have a P5D. I feel pretty comfortable on the bike but has it set up as wide as it can and although in a perfect world I would like it a bit wider, I have adjusted and have no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. In terms of your setup, I assume you are referring to the pad width? I am mostly worried about the basebar because it is relatively narrow and cannot be changed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'2 and have no problems with the base bar. I ride a 58

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since the Cervelo Aerobottle is kind of useless I turned it into a toolkit. Here are the pictures of how I did it in case anyone is interested

Last edited by: BigH: Jun 19, 20 15:53
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't understand why people find it useless... it's not the greatest but you can work with it pretty good.

Just managed to finish my fitting with the PX cockpit. That makes it a new world for me, much better position (just waiting for tririg cups to arrive and that will be a finish to the position). Wanted to post a video but don't know how to... but really recomend this setup if you need tilt or some extra comodity.

Now deciding between POC cerebel vs Giro Aerohead (probably will go with the POC)

BigH wrote:
Since the Cervelo Aerobottle is kind of useless I turned it into a toolkit. Here are the pictures of how I did it in case anyone is interested
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [super_6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
super_6 wrote:
I don't understand why people find it useless... it's not the greatest but you can work with it pretty good.

Just managed to finish my fitting with the PX cockpit. That makes it a new world for me, much better position (just waiting for tririg cups to arrive and that will be a finish to the position). Wanted to post a video but don't know how to... but really recomend this setup if you need tilt or some extra comodity.

Now deciding between POC cerebel vs Giro Aerohead (probably will go with the POC)

BigH wrote:

When you compare it to the Elite Crono bottle which is $30, it’s horrible. It’s awkward, slow to drive from, no way to tell how full it is and you need to pop the top. All things other bottles fix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dimm wrote:

hey there, thanks for reaching out.

Let's have fit conversations on the Cervelo Fit Thread if you don't mind... can you reply to me there? I'm tall myself and have some thoughts on the things you're thinking about.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...4/?do=post_view#last

talk to you soon,
Eric

Quote Reply

Prev Next