Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response. What a shame Cervelo stopped providing the parts required. Especially considering the fact that the P5 dealer manual shows routing the cables that way with the EX10 cockpit..

Seems a 10-minute job just turned into a slightly longer one.. Ah well, when everything looks neat and tidy it will be worth it :-).
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [basvv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
basvv wrote:
Thanks for the response. What a shame Cervelo stopped providing the parts required. Especially considering the fact that the P5 dealer manual shows routing the cables that way with the EX10 cockpit..

Seems a 10-minute job just turned into a slightly longer one.. Ah well, when everything looks neat and tidy it will be worth it :-).

It is, they stopped providing those when they added the EX10 set ip as default. The first P5 arrived we just thought it was a mistake, but then all the others were delivered the same way.
But it is a shame that your dealer didnā€™t give you a heads up with that ā€˜newā€™ set up and didnā€™t asked if you would like it all internally routed.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [blackey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you tell me what is the computer mount youā€™re using?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [gerdvd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Purple Sunset bike ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Jerome,

Iā€™m looking to replace my wheels manufacturing bbright bb for a ceramic speed bb, or I may go with a new crank and just do a Dub bb/ crank. Iā€™m assuming the Dub crank can be reused no matter what frame I go to in the future.

Any pluses or minus for going Dub or just better the stay with bbright and 30mm spindle crank?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any thougts on the aero side with using the Ex10 with zipp vukachift instead of the original setup?

I probably get a frameset and build with singlering sram setup.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Kriss2019] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frame size.. 48" or 51" frame for 170cm rider?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kriss2019 wrote:
I`am 168 and ride a 51 , its on the edge, but I like the stability it provides, would never switch to a 48
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [erikssen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anybody have leads on a new p5d frame in 48cm by any chance?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
Hi Jerome,

Iā€™m looking to replace my wheels manufacturing bbright bb for a ceramic speed bb, or I may go with a new crank and just do a Dub bb/ crank. Iā€™m assuming the Dub crank can be reused no matter what frame I go to in the future.

Any pluses or minus for going Dub or just better the stay with bbright and 30mm spindle crank?

Thanks

Sorry man, completely misded this. I have problems with either of them. Just can say that the CS bb is indeed very smooth :-).

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am 1,75 and i ride 51 size
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kriss2019 wrote:

There's a whole thread for this!

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=6893963

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

ā€œYou are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.ā€
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Jeroen,

Looking at building up a P5 disc frame and sourcing group-set second hand.

For Crankset looking at Rotor ALDHU with a 24mm Axel, will this work with the P5d and do you know what BB I will need?

Thanks,
Nathan
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [NatFal_in_Aus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://wheelsmfg.com/...no-cranks-black.html

I'd get this one, jeroen can confirm though. Thread-together bottom brackets are the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NatFal_in_Aus wrote:
Hi Jeroen,

Looking at building up a P5 disc frame and sourcing group-set second hand.

For Crankset looking at Rotor ALDHU with a 24mm Axel, will this work with the P5d and do you know what BB I will need?

Thanks,
Nathan

Yes, Rotor crankset will work no problem. BBright as the poster below mentions will work as well. I have the ceramicspeed BB and that is spinning like a baby :-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aldhu 24 for me in stock BB of 2019 P5d. I added a cheap Xcadey power meter and the std Rotor aero cover, works a charm.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Making good progress on the rear box and bb box for the 54 p5d. Just need to close the gap between front of box and rear of frame and do the same on the bb box. Hoping to have the boxes for the 54 finalized before the end of the week. Test fitting revised boxes on 56 also this week. I expect to start shipping production versions of 54 and 56 boxes 2nd week of November. I'm still looking for 51 and 58 frames to measure in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Use coupon code slowtwitch_october for $25 to order your box: https://custombikexcessories.com/...?olsPage=t%2Fcervelo

These look great. I donā€™t need these really but was wondering if the storage box would yield any aerodynamic gain by helping the airflow onto the rear wheel. Has anyone tested these and could confirm whether itā€™s drag neutral or drag reducing ?
Last edited by: UK Gearmuncher: Feb 27, 22 7:37
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as I know, no one has tested the bb box for the P5 Disc in a wind tunnel. I certainly make no claim that the box improves aero dynamics as I haven't tested it. I make too many different boxes for different bikes to be able to afford to test each one in a wind tunnel. :-)

UK Gearmuncher wrote:
yannb wrote:
Making good progress on the rear box and bb box for the 54 p5d. Just need to close the gap between front of box and rear of frame and do the same on the bb box. Hoping to have the boxes for the 54 finalized before the end of the week. Test fitting revised boxes on 56 also this week. I expect to start shipping production versions of 54 and 56 boxes 2nd week of November. I'm still looking for 51 and 58 frames to measure in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Use coupon code slowtwitch_october for $25 to order your box: https://custombikexcessories.com/...?olsPage=t%2Fcervelo

These look great. I donā€™t need these really but was wondering if the storage box would yield any aerodynamic gain by helping the airflow onto the rear wheel. Has anyone tested these and could confirm whether itā€™s drag neutral or drag reducing ?

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the filled in area improved CDA then surely Cervelo would have filled it in already? My guess would be that the box is a tiny aero penalty
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Dan The Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Esp with the P5 disc, you let that downtube bottle fulfill its true calling as a flat kit, bottle bta, bottle behind the seat, you're good to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
As far as I know, no one has tested the bb box for the P5 Disc in a wind tunnel. I certainly make no claim that the box improves aero dynamics as I haven't tested it. I make too many different boxes for different bikes to be able to afford to test each one in a wind tunnel. :-)

UK Gearmuncher wrote:
yannb wrote:

Well youā€™re now currently making one for me so Iā€™ll test it to find out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan The Man wrote:
If the filled in area improved CDA then surely Cervelo would have filled it in already? My guess would be that the box is a tiny aero penalty

The uci old frame envelope rules may still have been in place at the time of the bikes development. Besides, look at the old P5 or the new Scott Plasma 6 ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, could you let the forum know your findings? If it's faster or neutral I'll buy one. I currently use the top tube storage for flat kit but it's a bit of a squeeze
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lately I have troubles with my Cervelo P5D, more specifically the headset.

Headset comes loose after riding a few miles. I have already been to the bike shop - has been tightened twice and last time they opened everything up.

However, the problem keeps coming back.
Anyone has any idea how to fix this?

Kind regards,
Klaas
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [claypole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
claypole wrote:
What Jeroen said.
I had the same problem and eventually discovered the (UK) shop had supplied the bike with that part missing. See page 13 of build manual here, the bearing seal ring which should be affixed to the base bar:
https://www.cervelo.com/...nual_v6.7_web_2_.pdf.
I had terrible trouble getting the shop to even acknowledge the problem and their "cure" was to massively overtorque the stem and fork bolts.
Jeroen helped me to source the required part when I gave up on trying to get the shop to sort it.

When you strip it down you can see why that seal ring is an integral part of the system. It's not like a normal dust cover on a std stem set up which could arguably be left out. Without it in place on the P5 the headset will always work loose, if indeed you can preload in the first place.

It might be you have some other issue but I'd definitely check this first. I'd be interested to know where you got the bike from if yours is also missing.

Good luck.

Chris

Finding this post kinda made my weekend. Iā€™m not the only person that seems to have this problem and it must be solve-able! Chris, Iā€™ve messaged you to ask what you did.
Quote Reply

Prev Next