Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anybody experienced problems adjusting the monoriser post?

In my case it is completely stuck, I cannot even remove the riser post clamp. In fact, the clamp was torqued to 4 Nm only (I remark that 8 Nm is the value recommended in the assembly manual) as I already started hearing some 'creaks' as I tightened... any ideas on how can I loose the monoriser without disassembling the handlebar, please? Maybe there's something wrong in the setup but everything was perfectly assembled according to the manual, including carbon assembly compound!

Thanks!
Last edited by: xabeco: Aug 1, 20 12:05
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [xabeco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe your "completely stuck" is different from my situation, but... the monoriser and clamp on my bike were also tough for me to adjust by hand as I was worried about exerting way too much upward force to pull it out (and risk yanking all the wires at high force). What worked for me was loosening the clamp bolt all the way and then riding around the block. The force of my weight on the pads and riding at low speed was enough to cause the monoriser to slip all the down to its lowest position, and then it was completely loose enough for me to readjust. I think it just gets a bit stuck from the carbon paste and the pressure of riding over time.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [xabeco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simple to solve, release the wedge the clamps to like about half the bolt comes out.
Them give the aerobar at the tips a ā€˜hitā€™ grom the bottom, with some force.
Sometimes you need to give it one as well from above and another from below, but that make it come loose.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a new frame that Iā€™m building up and Iā€™m very excited. Is there a setup that is viewed as universally ā€œfastestā€ for this bike. What Iā€™m really asking is there any data pointing to certain wheel sets being after with this bike then others?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Cervelo aero skewers on this bike require a 6mm hex with 12-15N.m torque.

I rode it outside for the first time last weekend, and found I had to get the torque just right for the brake to not rub.

Are you carrying a torque wrench with you on rides and when you race for if/when you have a flat and if so, what are you carrying?

I am having trouble finding one that would be OK to ride with that produces that range of torque.

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"I rode it outside for the first time last weekend, and found I had to get the torque just right for the brake to not rub."

Same issue here. To people that know, are all disc brakes like this?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:

"I rode it outside for the first time last weekend, and found I had to get the torque just right for the brake to not rub."

Same issue here. To people that know, are all disc brakes like this?

I have an mtb with hydro brakes and have not had this issue, have removed both front and rear wheels, put back on by hand no torque wrenches, no issues.

I'm far from an expert of hydraulic brakes....is it possible they need to be bled out a tiny bit to open them up for more clearance??
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know jack shit about those brakes. More clearance sounds ideal. LBS didnt mention anything about that possibility.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [C1P5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ordered. Thanks for the tip!

C1P5 wrote:

Wolf tooth B-RAD double bottle cage adapter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, you donā€™t need a torque wrench. Most likely the brake calipers arenā€™t aligned/mounted correct. When I take the wheel of and put ot back i just tighten it good and thatā€™s it.
No running what so ever. But this is something we carefully check we we built the, for our clients.
Perform this wheel check more then a few times when we are done building it and getting it ready for delivery to the customer.

So at least something is off on yours.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
No, you donā€™t need a torque wrench. Most likely the brake calipers arenā€™t aligned/mounted correct. When I take the wheel of and put ot back i just tighten it good and thatā€™s it.
No running what so ever. But this is something we carefully check we we built the, for our clients.
Perform this wheel check more then a few times when we are done building it and getting it ready for delivery to the customer.

So at least something is off on yours.

Jeroen

OK. Good to know. I will get it checked out. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most likely what you experience is that at a certain amount of tightness of the bolts that attach the brakes to the fork/frame there is no rubbing. But when you tighten it further is starts rubbing?
If that is the case the brake is not aligned correct. It is not that difficult to adjust yourself.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could someone please tell me whether, on the P5 disc, there is a cable guide and cover on the underside of the bottom bracket. If there is, the guide would fit into a rectangular hole in the bottom bracket and would route FD and RD wires or cables and then a cover would be screwed into it to essentially seal everything up.

The P5 manual suggests that the above is the case, but I am not sure if it is actually true for the P5 disc. A picture would also be great.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [JasonGeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
yes, it is as you described.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Most likely what you experience is that at a certain amount of tightness of the bolts that attach the brakes to the fork/frame there is no rubbing. But when you tighten it further is starts rubbing?
If that is the case the brake is not aligned correct. It is not that difficult to adjust yourself.

Jeroen

It is pretty much rubbing a bit or a lot, no matter how tight or untight the skewer is. Can you advise here on how I can adjust the brake? I will also google around to see what I can find.
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C1P5 wrote:

Wolf tooth B-RAD double bottle cage adapter

did you get just the double bottle adapter, or did you have to also use their mounting base?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Just the double bottle adapter, no mounting base needed. It fits nicely on the P5 rear bottle bracket. With two cages installed there is no movement.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies if this has been answered somewhere in this thread. I skimmed the last several pages and didn't see it discussed.

I want to retrofit the EX10 speed riser on my P5d to have tilt, and I'm wondering if the EX10 will work along with Drag2Zero ergo poles, Profile Design race armrests and the Profile Design Aeroport Di2 adapter to hide the battery in the D2Z extension. Has anyone tried this combo before?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it will work together.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You donā€™t even need the profile designs port.
https://www.tritownboise.com/...able-aerobar-with-n/

I just set mine up with D2Z extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [T2LV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you - I saw that a while back and that's actually where I just ordered the EX10 conversion kit from. The Aeroport seems like it's a little cleaner aesthetically than just jamming the junction box into the end of the extension. Do you have any photos of your setup with teh D2Z extensions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C1P5 wrote:

Just the double bottle adapter, no mounting base needed. It fits nicely on the P5 rear bottle bracket. With two cages installed there is no movement.

for what its worth, if you get the mounting base you get the option to move the bottle adapter up higher, which MAY tuck it away from the wind a little bit behind your butt.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok I am lazy and don't feel like skimming over 55 pages of this thread........ I have owned multiple treks (two for sale now) had a shiv disc, recovering from a back injury....... Dont have a TT Bike for 2021.

I have never owed a Cervelo.

Looking at a Cervelo mostly for the highly adjustable front end that I can raise or lower stack height based on how my back feels.

What are the downsides of the Cervelo or is a p3x a better option?

if you want to race / train with 2 bottles and a flat kit what are the solutions?

Brendan

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just made the switch from a Speed Concept and I don't regret it at all. The P5D feels like a road bike. Love the front end adjustability. I turned the aero bottle in to my flat kit holder. One bottle between and one behind. All I need for racing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next