Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run #1: 30:00 exactly on our new running trail across the Rouge River through the U of M campus past Henry Ford's mansion. Snowing hard, winter storm warning in effect. Slippery. Ducks on the river floating around with snow on their backs. They are tougher than me. Nice run though.

Thanks Dev for getting me out the door. 99 days to go.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One for one, 30 minutes treadmill this morning before work. Wanted to do another tonight but the GF says it's too cold... horse**** :)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Bizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Got called into work but squeezed 30 minutes in here. Hopefully I am home some tomorrow and can get outside a little

rover
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [rover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 for 1! 30 minutes before i got in the pool this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sign me up!

Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 for 1....35 min on the treadmill. Was going to go longer, but the gym was closing.

Tomorrow will be split, a double header. 30 in the AM before a lunch-thing and another 45 following a killer home-made dinner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Logging in run #1 out of the way. 35+ mins after a ride today. This is gonna be a fun challenge with business travel coming up.

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [swift] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No you can't count 2 runs of sub 30 minute duation to add up to single 30 minute run...it has to be 30 minutes of actual running in one run workout or it doesn't count.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran for 1 hour and 21 minutes this morning. It'll be 30 - 45 minute treadmill runs for the rest of the week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, didn't see this. I'm going to give it a shot though. I did an 8-hour adventure race today and I'm sure there was over 30 min of running...

Actually, I'll be counting that one as a double.

Quote | Reply
fair enough.... just have to take a small detour on the way to campus in the morning

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in... shooting for platinum. I ran 30 min., watched the IM Kona stuff on NBC, and was inspired to run another 1hr 15min. I'm fairly new to ST... so how do I report my progress... via PM?

-
There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be. ~George Sheehan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in and so is Scout my dog!

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [McGoogles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Damn, didn't see this. I'm going to give it a shot though. I did an 8-hour adventure race today and I'm sure there was over 30 min of running...

Actually, I'll be counting that one as a double.
Nice job! But I hate to break it to you, the rules don't give anything extra for going fast or long....

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm in and so is Scout my dog!
crap, if your dog makes it and i don't i'm going to feel like a wimp.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [orlando jackson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"crap, if your dog makes it and i don't i'm going to feel like a wimp"

Why? If I could get my dog to wrap his head around this challenge he would kill us all.

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run #1 in. 10 miles in 1:22.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Count Mac in too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev....my oh my, this might kill me but I am down for the challenge! Although it won't be easy to get that platinum, I am doing a lot of running over the hour mark and weekly track workouts, but only putting in 5 runs or so per week. May have to modify my training a bit and even add a short run to get the 7 per 7 days needed to get on the right track.

So.

1 Dec: 45 min run: 10.7km
2 Dec: 45 min run: 10.5km before a core strength workout and then a 60 min run: 14.1km; in a damn downpour and 50kmh winds! Glad to be done with that ;) Still have a ride on the trainer coming up this afternoon...;(

Cheers!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Last edited by: CPT Chaos: Dec 2, 07 4:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a mostly lurker, who's been reading and buying into the run everyday plan.. I"m in.

-jwm

----------------
http://onlyviewihave.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll try and get the Google speadsheet thing up and running by the end of the weekend. Questions for the Google spreadsheet wizards. Can I just generate this thing in excel and then upload it and somehow make it a shared document. Also, for all those that particiapate and need to edit/add their entries, do they all need to have google/gmail accounts?

Yes, you can generate it in Excel and upload it.
Yes, after it's uploaded you can make it a shared document that everyone can read and/or edit.
Yes, they need to have google/gmail accounts to read and/or edit.

btw, Dec 1: 18.9 km/91 min

-richard westwood

June 22/08 - Ironman Nice
Sept 14/08 - Muskoka 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 1/2 31 mins this am

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i put a post on here not long ago about these bikes. my gym just got some of these a month ago, they are awesome. freakin tough. i like it better than spin personally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2days 2runs of 31min. i know im really exceeded the mark but just trying to keep up with it.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [rwestwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'll try and get the Google speadsheet thing up and running by the end of the weekend. Questions for the Google spreadsheet wizards. Can I just generate this thing in excel and then upload it and somehow make it a shared document. Also, for all those that particiapate and need to edit/add their entries, do they all need to have google/gmail accounts?"

"Yes, you can generate it in Excel and upload it.
Yes, after it's uploaded you can make it a shared document that everyone can read and/or edit.
Yes, they need to have google/gmail accounts to read and/or edit."

The only drawback as I see it is that the creator of the spreadsheet then needs to invite all the collaborators which, I think, can only be done by compiling everyone's e-mail addresses. Is that right? If so that sounds like a bit of a hassle for the creator.

Any ways to make that easier??

Quote Reply

Prev Next