Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New BMC Tri/TT bike photo
Quote | Reply
Been offline a couple of days so not sure if the new BMC has been posted yet but if not here it is:

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Last edited by: bjorn: Oct 1, 16 21:46
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good looking bike. Looks like a speedmax met up with Trek's Speedbox. Not a bad thing though

we live in strange times where narrative has way more impact than utility or truth...
-SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [pirate_rrob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There doesn't appear to be much emphasis on nutrition or hydration storage, so it looks like it is intended to primarily be a TT bike. It doesn't look like they made a wide downtube to shield a bottle either. Makes me think they focused on narrow, so it might be a good low yaw bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This probably confirms that Slowman isn't in Kona to provide a write up about BMC's latest offering...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's up with that seatpost? Setback options look pretty grim.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
What's up with that seatpost? Setback options look pretty grim.

Don't worry on that front
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a bike I can live with. Hopefully there be a frame/Bar only option! Travelling with it and using it on a Trainer seems a little easier than the new Cervelo P5X! I can already imagine the BMC it with Zipp 808 and Super9! :)

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe we're not seeing it on this bike but I was told it would have an integrated front hydration system as well.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Maybe we're not seeing it on this bike but I was told it would have an integrated front hydration system as well.

Agreed: same setup as with the Canyon Speedmax which requires some small adjustments for integrated fuel system.
Last edited by: PaulVlitsky: Oct 2, 16 3:58
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [PaulVlitsky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar to the Cube that Raelert rode last year. Looks cool.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Front brake must be tucked right behind the fork?

That is a very attractive triathlon bicycle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah finally. Now the long&low gestapo can stop whining.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Called it!

Remove the draft box, and the seatpost will slot further back into the seat tube, making it a UCI-legal bike.

Not a fan of what looks like horizontal rear drop outs.
Last edited by: ffips: Oct 2, 16 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Front brake must be tucked right behind the fork?

That is a very attractive triathlon bicycle.

I get the feeling it's really well hidden in the fork along the lines of the new Look TT bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
Ah finally. Now the long&low gestapo can stop whining.

Dunno....certainly appears to be low, but not so much long. We'll see once the geos are made available, I guess.

Edit - typo

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Last edited by: Power13: Oct 2, 16 7:33
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very Canyon Speedmax /Trek SpeedConcept looking.. not impressed. I don't think it's enough to make me get rid of my TM01.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to a BMC event in Kona
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would really like to know if they updated the quality/design of the rear brake and increased the clearance for wider wheel/tire combo.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also interested in the brakes... and if the rumored front hydration was implemented.

Side note: does anyone know what the UCI's rules are going to be going forward for TT bikes? Not that I'm fast enough to be bound by them but I'm thinking about keeping my SC for TTs going forward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting that they're staying away from disc brakes... or at least offering a rim brake alternative.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I'm also interested in the brakes... and if the rumored front hydration was implemented.

Side note: does anyone know what the UCI's rules are going to be going forward for TT bikes? Not that I'm fast enough to be bound by them but I'm thinking about keeping my SC for TTs going forward.

I've done dozens of TTs and my bikes has never been measured. Never. Your SC should be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will find out
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All you need is a BTA and rear setup for just about any race. If you need a refill option just slide in a Torpedo in your BTA holder. The whole massive front hydration while fast really is not needed to keep hydrated.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [Tri Slow Poke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Slow Poke wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

I've done dozens of TTs and my bikes has never been measured. Never. Your SC should be fine.

USAC Nationals-grade events, except possibly Masters Nationals where they relaxed the enforcement, it could be measured.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also heard that the 3-1 rule will get dumped. But as others have said, unless you are a professional racing in the Nat Champs, your chance that your to have your bike checked or measured is ZERO.

GreenPlease wrote:

Quote Reply

Prev Next