Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect. Add me to challenge list.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In for Gold Dev, nice challenge!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [muesli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in, just what is needed to help out a poor runner like myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. especially since doubles count.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since i´m going to run lots anyway i will join the madness and make my training official :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bronze me up willy
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [falk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me in.

I'm going Platinum.

Hopefully it'll help me to drop some weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in Dev. Will shoot for the platinum! Will be good for the Death Race prep!

Darcy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guarantee I'll run at least once in Dec... but if all goes well it will take less time than 30min! :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh com'on bro'. Let's see you go Bronze... you chicken shit. :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [imtri-ing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, day 1 of this thing got off to a cold start....it was minus 17 and I went out to meet a crew that I coach for a run+XC ski workout...the only problem is that the only one who showed up was me, which was fine, since it was so cold, my ability to impart any technical XC ski instruction would be minimal.

I did a moderately hard 13K 60 min run with 5x3 min steep hills. Then put on the skate ski and did 30K in 2 hours with a bunch of hard hill repeats...by the end I could not feel my feet, but what the heck. Now I have to head back out in the minus 15 for 2 hours to coach kids on XC skis.

I'll try and get the Google speadsheet thing up and running by the end of the weekend. Questions for the Google spreadsheet wizards. Can I just generate this thing in excel and then upload it and somehow make it a shared document. Also, for all those that particiapate and need to edit/add their entries, do they all need to have google/gmail accounts?

If anyone can respond with the answers to this, it would be greatly appreciated. Its the first time I have played with the google spreadsheet, and it is a good opportunity to use bogus triathlon stuff to learn about another form of virtual office automation.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great first day for me!

My 5k PR was set 2 weeks ago at 23:31 (my last PR was 25:40). Today I ran another 5k in 21:50 with a 3rd AG award! Now I'm super motivated to run more!

:-)

Jodi

ps. Yes, I did a slow 1 mile cooldown which brought me past 30 minutes for the day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have Khai figure it out. That'll shame him into going for Bronze.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for 110 runs in 100 days.
As this is beyond "Platinum", I'll call it "Training".

Quote | Reply
against my better judgement, count me in as well.

- The Who
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in but damn I'm already 1 day behind! Guess I get to double up tomorrow!

Greg
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uli, great to have you in. I can just see it:

March 18th rolls around and Uli is at 98 runs. He wakes up on the 19th and does a 30 minute run hangs out for an hour and repeats the cycle 6 times, gets 3 hours of runnning in and bumps up to 104...March 20th rolls around and he repeats to complete the beyond platinum category!!!

Seriously, lots of guys going for Platinum, but just ask _EH_, Jana and I who did 100 runs in 100 days with no rest days last year...its a lot tougher than it looks on paper...at least this year, we can double up and also have rest days, which makes things much easier.

OK, I have to slap the skis back on and head out for 2 more hours in minus 15 coaching kids....well, at least the kids are fast enough now that over the 2 hours, I will get another 60-90 min of real training in, doing a mix of easy stuff and sprints!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL dev, but you're right, you never know when sickness hits you.

However, I'm cheating as I am a runner right now and no longer a triathlete. So I average 9 runs/week. If I'd skip the weights...

Cheers
uli

Quote | Reply
Damn you! This is going to be tough, I typically do one or two runs that are less than 30 minutes each week (a 5k at training pace for instance). So, are there no walking breaks allowed at all on any run, I also sometimes do this to knock my HR down when it gets too high.

Count me in though, I'm doing a March 30 marathon in Atlanta and I have to kick my friend's butt by 1:30 per mile (friendly bet). I'm 1/1 as of today (but I did walk for 30 seconds after redlining my HR on a bi+ch of a hill).

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will give it a go. My first challenge on Slowtwitch!

Life is about to get hectic with a new job - so I'm hoping this will keep me focused. I'll drop a swim here or there if I need to.

Thanks Dev.

Greg (met you briefly at Peterborough last year with Beach after the race)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [poguer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that's me started.

Just back in from a 30min run.

My 10yr old son came along with me on his bike to keep me company.
Quote Reply

Prev Next