Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Mikey G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have running shoes on and you are runnning (both feet in the air at some point in the motion), it counts as long as you are landing on real ground or a treadmill. If you choose to add extra weight to your legs in the form of snowshoes, then that is your choice and I can't stop the weather from putting snow on the ground. I just want to make sure that people are not claiming Elliptical trainer time, or water running...this is about hardening your legs :-).

Can you do me a favour and show up with your snowshoes on the golf course beside my house. I need to pack down 1 foot of snow to recreate my skate ski loop!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [non_sequitur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
only if your 12 years old and run a lot during the game,,,,,,,,,,other wise go RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [non_sequitur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can actually count the continuous running time in soccer games, I am not going to stop you. But having played competitive soccer, for many years I have to say that it is not the same as continuous aerobic running...sometimes harder, but lots of the time much easier. I'd be surprised if you actually RUN for 30 minutes in a 90 minute match. At the surface I would say no. Anyone can break up a 30 minute run over 90 minutes, but it is much harder to run 30 minutes straight. The kids I coach in soccer can play 60 minute games, but few would be able to complete a 20 minute run continuously.

Dev
Last edited by: devashish paul: Dec 3, 07 9:48
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just saw this. i want in..did one yesterday
can you add me too? macave8@gmail.com
Last edited by: jenk: Dec 3, 07 10:02
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [jenk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An inauspicious beginning....Dec 1 happened to be a long ride day (with no running) so I started with a zero.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nothing a double run day could not fix,,,,,,,,,,,LOL
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [trvfsub2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, could you add me too? I'm in for Platinum

chrisrunzs26@yahoo.com

Thanks,
chris

2015 Season: American TTT
Ironman Louisville.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, we were without internet for a day due to a connection problem from the high winds here...

What do I have to do to get on the spreadsheet? Do I need a g-mail account? Sorry, I know this has been covered and I did go through the posts- all I could find was Dev's link to log into a G-Mail account.

Thanks!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, pm me your email and I will add you. I do believe you need to create a google account if you don't have one but the email doesn't need to be gmail.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, PM sent. Thank you very much.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man!
Sometimes I wish I would leave closed to work... so I could ride and run during spring/summer/autumn to the office and run and ride (with a MTB) during winter...
I do plan to run to the office... but next year!

Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok Tom, you are in

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go Demerly!

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks man. OK, sorry for the questions but...

What's the link? Where do I go? I found the page from Dev's link but didn;t see my name and couldn't add it.

Do I add my Initial personal info (name, etc) info, or did you (initially I mean- I presume I log into the thing daily to add my runs...)?

Anything else I need to know to make this work? Assume I know nothing... (I don't know anything).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Good to see that I have some company in the 110/100. However, our "group" is not called "Extra platinum" but "Training".

No we better go running[/quote]
No no no. Uli we ARE special, after all everyone deserves an award ;-). Maybe we shoud re label the groups
1. take Dev down
2. run as much as dev
3. dev is a nut for running that much
4. Dev? who is this Dev person?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If I can average two to three run commutes per week and one day off running, and run the other days, then maybe I can give Desertdude a run for his skinny ass, because at the end of the day, the only satisfaction is that someone gives Desertdude a good hammering and the more people trying the better :-)[/quote] lol. Everytime I take you on one of these challenges life implodes on me. Hopefully this time is different. The more important question though is when/where does the smackdown take place this year?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chip, what's with all the running and swimming lately? Btw 3 for 3 and will get 4 in tonight if the airlines cooperate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone trying to rock out the triple challenge like myself? (100/100 runs, december biking challenge, and 0lb weight gain) I'm either going to be a stud coming out of the holiday season or be destroyed......

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev,

Put me down for Bronze.

Jamie
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is the race for total number of runs or total distance? I think I can manage 110-115 runs, but to do I'd have to keep each close to the 30 min minimum, which I am fine with...

whenever more than one get beyond 110, then the miles count.

so far 4/3 (67k)

Last edited by: uli: Dec 3, 07 12:51
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Good to see that I have some company in the 110/100. However, our "group" is not called "Extra platinum" but "Training".

No we better go running[/quote]
No no no. Uli we ARE special, after all everyone deserves an award ;-). Maybe we shoud re label the groups
1. take Dev down
2. run as much as dev
3. dev is a nut for running that much
4. Dev? who is this Dev person?
dude, we simply call it the "Training" group. Everything less is just feckin' around anyway.

Quote | Reply
Tom, go here-http://spreadsheets.google.com/...PN-1XWFWbQ&hl=en

This will bring the spreadsheet up

scroll down to the bottom First blank is about #260 right now

Click on the name block and enter name and do the same with the rest of the info

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again Jim. Ironically I just got back from run #3. Much nicer than the previous two only 97 to go.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got back from my first one I have a couple to make up due to starting late. Unfortunately, I have come to the sad realization that I am completely de-trained it's gonna be a long 100 days. I was unable to hold anything above a jogging pace.

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll count the quality soccer games knowing that I consciously make an effort to continually run. If it's a slack game, I'll call shenanigans on myself and not count it. I know I have several time when I have two or three games in a night (I'll still only count those as one) and my legs definitely feel it way more than 30 minutes of running. I don't want the soccer games to hold me back Running before games leads to tired legs and a greater chance for stupid ankle injuries - I try to minimize that as much as possible; I just won't give up soccer since it's my first sport and triathlon is my 2nd-4th!

So I guess I'm in. I'm running my 3rd marathon in Kansas, March 29. Hoping to go ~3:45 from 4:05. I'll aim for 100 runs, that should keep the dog happy.

12/2 10K 49:00
12/3 5k 25:40 (hills with ice - 5 minutes slower than last week)
Quote Reply

Prev Next