Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent, count me in again this year! I'm coming back from a honeymoon with no running (but a lot of hiking) and I'm ready to go! I may get started today just to get the ball rolling....

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey Greg,

One thing that I thought of overnite was that it might be much easier to make an entire copy of last year's sheet. That way everyone from last year are automatically enrolled as collaborators. Then we just blank out all the entries and it effectively saves a ton of "registration time" and only people who did not participate last year need to be enrolled.

Would this work easier. I know from last year that the enrolloment process was the most time consuming!!! This might also save copying all of Dan's formulae over at a future date.

Dev
what about 2 spreadsheets since we ran into the problem of too many people last year?

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'd also like to make a change to the rules for 2008/09. Last year for a run to count, it had to be 30 min in length. I think this is an unneccessary rule, since the main goal to is to make sure that people log volume over the winter. I'd like to relax this rule so that a number of shorter runs adding up to 30 min or more in a disticnt day can count for 1 run in that day...but it has to be achieved over 1 day. For example 15 min +20 min today adds up to one run of 35 min today. But 15 today plus 25 min tomorrow counts for zero runs today but one 40 min tomorrow. Also if you did 30 min this morning, 20 min at lunch and then 15 min tonite, you can get credit for a second run since implicitly the goal of volume is achieved.
Sounds good to me. I felt that when we moved from the 20' rule (2 years ago) to the 30' rule (last year) the constraint became much higher and maybe too high. Happy with this new rule ,and with the automatic invite for 'old challengers' :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah that makes sense...especially when you look at copying all the necessary info from the daily log to the rankings pages. I'll be busy today, but will get a chance to re-work that tonight. I'll send out the new link this evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, the new spreadsheet is up...well the old spreadsheet. If you already enrolled your name and put it on the previous spreadsheet it was copied over to the current one we are using. If you were added last year, you still have the ability to edit and add yourself with out sending a PM...However your name was erased off of the spreadsheet so you will have to add that again. let me know if anyone has any issues accessing it.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [GREG_n_SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I'm new and did sign up on the "new" spreadsheet you recently put out. Do I have to go to Dev's (last year) spreadsheet and sign up again?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [ilcorsario] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should have received a link to the new spreadsheet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did we decide on the 15th as a start date?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trying to add my info but the page appears to be locked. Am I using the correct link?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/...4aADvkDXUw&hl=en
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom it will be Dec 15th.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto, I can get to the page but can't add anything.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Guys....can I ask a few a favours.

Please take a moment and hold back.....Greg included....in your excitement, it appears that the spreadsheet from last year's challenge was blown away...I want to keep a copy of that for history purposes.

So first thing is for everyone to STOP doing anything.

Second thing, I will revert to last year's spreadsheet

Third I will make a copy of last year's spreadsheet for history purposes

Fourth, I will rename the spreadsheet to 2009....it will be a copy of last year's sheet with everyone already invited

Fifth....GregNSD can clear the entries....and edit for the Dec 15 start date.

Sixth...I'll post a new thread with all the rules

Seventh....we'll re-open this thing for "registration"...plenty of time till Dec 15th...this is not like a NAS event where you have to enter 365 days in advance :-)

This should simplify things for everyone....man....we're going to need to get active.com to manage this thing!!!! Group collaboration is OK, but let's do it properly....so everyone take a deep breath and slow down for a day or so....no rush!!!

Dev
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 25, 08 9:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Ready.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [ilcorsario] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am excited and would love to take part in this!
sounds fun and challenging!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [ultramaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys.

One thing I would recommend. If you are interested, then my request to you in advance is that you should already be on the 3-4 hours of running per week program if you want to aim for platinum club (100 runs in 100 days). If you are currently doing 2-3 hours per week, Bronze program is a stretch without risking injury.

Keep in mind that 7x30 minute runs is 3.5 hours. Most will do more than 30 minute runs, so the typical platinum club guy will be logging closer to 5-8 hours per week. I strongly suggest that you only do what your body has progressed to.....don't be jumping from 2 hours per week of running to 5-8.

In November I have run 21 times for a total of ~24 hours of running (averaging 7 hours per week), or close to 300K or running. I don't think that most people thinking about doing this have run that much....so please ease in and don't get caught up in what others are doing when the spreadsheet is up and running.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much for all your hard work on this.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next