Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [drdivot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a Garmin and it's making me anal about distances too. I used to make nearly all my non long runs exactly 30, 45, or 60 minutes and just swag a distance. Last night I found myself jogging around to hit 6.21 so I could report double digit kms.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am doing a 5 k sat and intend to finished around 26 min after i go thru the shoot i am going to just keep running 4 5 more minutes

ken
trying to act like a runner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...so do you try and run a bit before the official start to the run or continue a bit after? Note - I'd be in a speedo in both cases, most likely on my own, in a posh shopping neighbourhood of Toronto and I am a not so fit 205lbs...

The answer, of course, is BOTH. Also, if the sidewalks are too crowded with people trying to cop a feel, you can always run down the middle of the street between the SUV's. Cops giving you a hassle? Instant speedwork. It's a win-win situation really.

Are YOU in the Zone?
http://www.discomfortzone.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [i tri hard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't know about the need for an email but attempted to sign up on the 1st or Nov 30th. I'm having troubles finding the info on how to log the info with all the post.

Thanks
RottieGuy951@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [RottieGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I updated the first post in the thread, so you can find the link to the view (for non participants) and to edit (for participant) for the spreadsheet. For the rest of the challenge, you can jump right off the first post to the links in question.

EDIT: I also got a question about runs shorter than 30 minutes. Here is the deal. I want to encourage people to run whenever possible. If you run less than 30 minutes, no, you don't get credit for doing a "complete" run. However, there are times when you can't get the entire thing in because you have to emphasize another sport or you only have time for a 15 minute transition run, or you have to get groceries or get to work. So I still want to encourage you to run and there can still be some form of credit for the minutes and distance on a cumulative basis.

So basically let's say you do a 15 minute run covering 3K. You can't enter this as a "complete run" for your "club status", however, if you do 30 of these over the winter, they all add up, so what you CAN do is add these 15 minutes in your log for the next run...so if your next run is 45 minutes, and 9K, just put it down as 60 minutes and 12K and take some partial credit for it. Also you cannot add two 15 minute runs to count for a single 30 minute run...you have to run 30 minutes continuously in one training session for it to count as a whole run :-)

I'll add this text to the first post.

Dev
Last edited by: devashish paul: Dec 5, 07 14:24
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it too late to sign up for the challenge. I've got 3 days out of 4 so far.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sign me up. Been huming and hawing about it, but I was doing a run every day in devember challenge anyways. Whats another 69 days!

Going for platinum!

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [psychosyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys, I am done doing sign ups...hopefully some of the other collaborators will add those that arrive in trickles to the spreasheet. Sorry, but I have to cut myself out of the registration loop at some point
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev

This challenge thing works great for us type A tri geeks. When I was 16 years old I ran from the 2nd week of November until Easter without missing a day and averaged 61 miles/week. I managed to lop 20 seconds off of my 3k pb the following spring. Today I had meetings for my daughter's swim team (I am the chump known as the president of the club) and didn't get home until well after dark. With the ice on the roads around here, I would have blown off running today but instead went across the bridge and ran loops around the streets in the little town that I live in until I put in 46 minutes. I'm thinking that if my body holds together (I don't recover as well as I did 25 years ago when I did my last "entire winter run streak" that I should keep off some winter insulation and be ready to run fast off the bike when spring comes.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The great thing about this is making running more of a habitual thing. As someone who has been running 3-4x/week, I'm already figuring out tricks to be able to run 30 minutes at lunch time and getting myself to the gym to run on the treadmill if it is too dark/dangerous to run outside rather than curling up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and calling it a day. And its only the 5th day :-) And I am almost fitting into my size 4 jeans :-) Now- just have to repeat those 5 days 20 more times...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa, I almost bagged it tonight too. But once I got going, I was fine.

I need to run at lunch to get it out of the way before life/laziness gets in the way.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev:

I just want to take a few seconds and thank you for doing what you do to keep a lot of us on our toes and motivated to do what's right to maintain our overall fitness level. Clearly, we all have a long way to go to meet this challenge, but your inspiration will keep us us all on track towards achieving our goals.

Again, thanks for all that you do on this forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh great, that's all we need...Allan Faulds gets through the winter without gaining 25 lbs....as if 40-44 is not hard enough, now you will hit easter in race shape instead of only on July 1.

Guys, thanks for the good words, but like I said elsewhere, it is a community effort...without all of us participating, I'd just be trying to convince myself to do it solo, so I get another 200+ dudes to train with!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another thanks to Paul.

The entire time I was bike riding today I thought OH I REALLY want to just go home and call it a day but I can NOT because of that FREAKING 100 for 100 thing!

Thanks Paul :(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in for silver. I'm not the triathlete in the family. But decided this season to train for my first marathon. I am running this anyway - Sounds fun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Guys, I am done doing sign ups...hopefully some of the other collaborators will add those that arrive in trickles to the spreasheet. Sorry, but I have to cut myself out of the registration loop at some point
I can help out with that.

New people:
you will need a gmail or google account
you will need to let us know what it is
one of us can add you as a collaborator to the spreadsheet
once you are a collaborator, go into the spreadsheet and update your numbers

-richard

June 22/08 - Ironman Nice
Sept 14/08 - Muskoka 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [rwestwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, sorry for playing hardball on the sign ups. There are over 210 folks on the spreadsheet, many of whom are posting on this thread, so if you want in, send one of them a pm or post your email on this thread in some weird encrypted way such as:

subEightIronstudCankickLucVanLierde'sAssATgmailDOTcom

and I am sure someone will enroll you....I just need to get on with life.

Speaking of which, this morning was fabulous even though it was minus 16C....30 min roller ride warmup+60min XC ski+30 min tempo run to work....tonite, 40 min ride home and more XC skiing with the kids...should be a 3.5 hour training day :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [mcoughlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...so do you try and run a bit before the official start to the run or continue a bit after? Note - I'd be in a speedo in both cases, most likely on my own, in a posh shopping neighbourhood of Toronto and I am a not so fit 205lbs...

The answer, of course, is BOTH. Also, if the sidewalks are too crowded with people trying to cop a feel, you can always run down the middle of the street between the SUV's. Cops giving you a hassle? Instant speedwork. It's a win-win situation really.
Thanks Mike...that really puts it all into perspective. I'll report back on Sunday and let everyone know how my speedo clad speedwork run down Bloor Street went.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
((shudder))... in more ways than one.

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should shudder since it isn't a pretty picture...

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, especially since I still have pictures of the Kona Underpants Run dancing in my head.

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [dev & Uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I don't which one of you are writing crap to me in the spreadsheet, but it cracks me up.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So did you lay another egg? LOL!

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
threw down 2 runs yesterday. 11km in the morning and 10km at lunch. I did lay eggs 3 of the first 4 days though. Just to let them feel comfortable as they get a lead on me. I'll run them down in the latter stages of the challenge.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, that's a good plan.

Quote Reply

Prev Next