Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [non_sequitur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In this age of GPS watches and HRMs you can easily justify the effort and time spent running... go for it. In fact with the Garmin you would even get a distance as well...
cool

Weeman
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1st run- Sunday 2nd - 35 mintues in the snow.. it was great.
2nd run-monday 3rd - 45 minutes in the rain..not so great.

Lana

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm moving slow too. It's the way it is...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi - I would love to be added if it's not too late! Thanks!

tri1016@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim: i did what you said and i opened a goggle accnt. logged in, found the page. i think #278 is next but could not type into the space. nothing would type in. what am i doing wrong?
can you help me?
just put my name, Jana
i have not run yet so i will be adding my runs in later ( hopefully). just want to make sure I am part of this again.
thanks, Jana

(will I eventually be able to input my own info in daily>???)

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#3 - Mon. 12/03 - 53 min. on BAC trails. One of those days where everything just flowed. Kept telling myself I should slow down, but I couldn't. Pretty windy today, but so far in December temps have been perfect (low 50's).

Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah dude wind here in greensboro is rediculous today. bout blew me off my bike on the way home.

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm in for platinum. Dec 3....i can make that up.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Jetplane19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run 3 down, 97 to go.

Again, is it possible to use the spreadsheet without a google email address?

-Train
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [swift] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you ever run at the enviromental center trail system that goes from HP to Jamestown? I really miss that whole trail network, always run there when I'm back in the area.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where's that at? I run owl's roost trail and country/battleground park every once in a while. I just moved here for grad school in August so i'm still getting used to the area. Where did you live?

-Jason

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess we are doing kilometers since somebody changed me back from my self designated miles. Converting the distances might be tougher and take longer than the runs.... Found a converter so I don't have to get out my scientific calculator. Ha.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Train] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Again, is it possible to use the spreadsheet without a google email address?

Yes. You need to do two things:

1. Give Dev a valid email address, not necessarily from gmail.com.

2. Create a 'Google Docs' account using that same (full) email address plus a password.

You'll be prompted to create the Google Docs account the first time you try to access the spreadsheet.

Dan
Last edited by: djm2150: Dec 3, 07 20:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another Northerner here, trying for Silver (maybe gold). Can you add me Dev.

irontrev@gmail.com so i get access to the spreadsheets.

Trevor in Edmonton
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lived in HP for ~ 13 years except for when I was at ECU. The enviro center is here: http://www.piedmontenvironmental.com/directions.htm

A map of the trails is here: http://www.piedmontenvironmental.com/maps.htm

I typically run around the trails at the center (South Preserve) then take off across to the North Preserve and to Gibson Park. You can take the paved road to get there, but I would rather run the trails. I've never run beyond Gibson Park, that is for next time I'm back visiting the folks and grandparents.

you can race this duathlon: http://www.hpymca.org/...terrys_challenge.asp Kind of low key, I raced it last year, we (the guy who won and I) blew out the field by about 6-7 min, but 3rd -10th were pretty close, about 3 min apart. There were a ton of $5,000 bikes in transition, I felt kind of bad for myself on a Lucero with a HEd3c, zipp disc and srm as it was easily not in the top 10 coolest bikes there.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev- can you put in my email? Train0001@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ah haven't ventured over to HP yet..... just as far as the airport. Went on the Farmer's Market ride right after I got here with my buddy who own's the bike shop next to my house. What are good road riding roads around here? I've been going out to chapel hill to my buddy's house to ride b/c i hate getting around town here.

-Jason

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about roads to ride. It's been a long time since I lived there, maybe 1996 or 1997. I typically rode out into Davidson county since I lived near the border of Guilford/Davidson Co.
I've never brought my bike back home until that race. I typically just run for 65-100min daily when there.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Dec 3, 07 20:10
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [WildSide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess we are doing kilometers since somebody changed me back from my self designated miles.

Dev has requested that all entries be in km to allow for easier comparisons and rankings. See his separate "100 Day Challenge Sign Up Procedure" thread at:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=1587937#1587937
(Edit: BTW, it wasn't me who changed your entry! Dev maybe?)

Personally, I don't keep track of my exact mileage. I typically run in the hills and I know my average (slow) pace, so in the km row I just entered Excel formulas to multiply my time in minutes by a constant factor. You can see what I mean by looking at the formulas in the km row for "Dan M (ST djm2150)". (I think you need Edit and not just View access to see formulas.) For track workout days when I know a more accurate distance I'll just replace the entry in that particular cell with an explicit number.

If anyone is interested I can post more details here.

Dan
Last edited by: djm2150: Dec 3, 07 20:12
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [djm2150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to be added if not too late.
Bronze goal.
Thanks.

bryanfraser@msn.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for adding me Jim and Dev. Two runs so far... 12/2 - 1 hr trail run, 6-7 miles on new trail with only two real #*$( sections :0). 12/3 - 35 min on treadmill gradually increasing pace after dinner with the family and telling my daughter her bedtime story. 2 down, only 98 to go! Going for bronze (ish), but main goal is to get some run form back. It's slowly starting to come around, but the frequency in this will definitely expedite it.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In 10+ years of running I don't think I've ever gone for a run after supper ... until last night, when I realised I had time to get a 30-minute run in so I could have something to add to the spreadsheet this morning. I think I'm becoming slightly obsessed with these challenges!

It was probably the snowiest conditions I've ever run in - Ottawa had 24cm of snow yesterday. I saw more people skiing (1) than running (0)! I also spent over an hour shovelling snow yesterday, and my back is pretty sore today.

3 runs down, 97 to go.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [WildSide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are only getting credit for kilometers. If you enter miles each mile will only get you credit for 1 kilometer, so you can choose to lose 60% of the distance that you run....is it really that tough for some of you guys to multiple by 16 and divide by 10? Surely you actually took 16 times tables in math class, or is that why the US economy is running such a huge current account deficit and the USD is tanking because you guys can't do simple arithmetic and pretty well every household is running more debt than savings....sorry I could not resist (maybe I'll just go back to reading economist.com).

Since we have participants from around the world and every other country on the planet uses Kilometers, you are stuck with that.

For all that wanted to sign up, I'll do another round of "registrations" around noon today.

thanks for playing :-).

Rolldown, after I ran home 35 minutes last nite (90 min total), I did 60 minutes of shovelling a foot of snow in my driveway too. But my back is not sore. This is why I do a ton of dead lifts. Today, I don't feel cooked from "life"....the weight training naysayers can say what they want, but if I am less cooked from day to day life, because I am always ready to do some heavy lifting then I am more recovered for tri stuff the next day....This morning 30 min roller ride+70 min XC ski. Today at lunch 45 min run.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha, I was kidding and just trying to point it out to the folks who weren't paying attention because there are a lot of really bad run times. My math skills are fine, my dancing sucks though. Thank goodness I am in technology.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of us who are more math challenged, ot don't have a calculator handy (or just like online tools better)...
http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm
Quote Reply

Prev Next