Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [non_sequitur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are the man. Good stuff. Keep it up.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are really the master of time management, Dev. What time do you get up?? 4am? 3:30??

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No big deal....up at 6, on the rollers at 6:30, on the XC skis by 7:10 (including transition and walk to golf course) off the skis at 8:10, walk back home, pick up the backpack and running to work by 8:20, through the back door by 8:55, shower and changed and at my desk by 9:10....no need to get up at 4 am...of course most of the guys start work between 8:30 and 9:30 so I am in the 'back end" of the group
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm not in the challenge but the running backpack caught my eye. I've tried running with a backpack before and so far it's been less than successful. What's the trick to keep the backpack from bouncing around as you run. I may need a better backpack to make it work. Are there any key features that make one better for running?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine moves around a bit, but not much. I run like I run without my backpack....I try hard not to change stride or posture. The interesting thing is that I CANNOT run with a waiste pack, Fuelbelt or bottle on my waist, but I can wear a backpack on my shoulders.

My backpack has a feature that allows the shoulder straps to slightly move (in length) because the bottom of one strap goes horizontally through the pack and come out as the bottom of the other strap....so as I pump my arms, there is some give in one stap while the other contracts and the backpack stays somewhat steady...maybe this is the saving feature.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suspect you live on the border of a time zone. Talk about practicing your transitions! Is your breakfast already pre-chewed and waiting for you with ski gear? Coffee set on auto-drip into a mainline?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [non_sequitur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just have to boil hot water while I brush my teeth. When I am done brushing teeth, the boiled water is poured into the coffee press and my oats. It takes 10 minutes to eat, go to the washroom, put on my shorts and then I am on the rollers (after a couple of 6:25 am ST posts). After the roller ride, it IS a transition to XC skiing....its not a small miracle that I had the second fastest non pro combined T1+T2 at Ironman LP last year....I practice it every day to streamline overhead and maximize training time....

Read Chris Hauth's xtri.com article on 'training with purpose' for flawless execution...streamlining things day to day is part of practicing good race day execution....to the point that you don't think about it :-)

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Read Chris Hauth's xtri.com article on 'training with purpose' for flawless execution...streamlining things day to day is part of practicing good race day execution....to the point that you don't think about it :-)

Dev
Article Search Results The article you are seeking is not available.

I can't find the article but I assume it means I shouldn't lounge around in the morning playings around with my dog after I've made sweet love to my girlfriend, watching Sportscenter while the coffee brews as I contemplate whether or not I want blueberries with my pancakes, or is it a waffle morning. But hey, you've got your routine, I've got mine.

I hardly have to think about mine at all, it just comes naturally to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do us all a favor and go fix your damn car ;-)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DD, I'm getting the car fixed by Thursday next week, so it looks like I will be run commuting Mon-Thu assuming that I don't blow up....so far so good :-) . I upped my goal to Platinum club as I hope to keep the run commuting going 2-3 times per week through the winter until I can get back on the bike...at three times a week and a day off running, that gets me 9 runs per week moving forward (I hope).

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fine, then you leave me no choice but to run 2x tomorrow and the next day.

punk.

On a serious note, where are we going to race head to head and re-start the racing smackdown? I'm actually going to ride my bike for the first time in 3 months tomorrow. I'm hoping to have run myself into the same zip code when you hit the finish line.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Generally speaking I'm pretty moderate but this damn 100/100 has that tiny little strand of obsessive DNA in me twitching. I'm up 2 runs right now and want to keep on with at least two days a week where I double up.

I was worried that the frequency might fire up on injury so I've been diligent about maintenance (stretching, self massage, real massage when I can find time, etc, etc). I remember when the rules when up "no extra credit for faster or longer runs" but then the placings by distance and time made the spread sheet that feels like a big, juicy carrot to me!

The spreadsheet is in my bookmarks and I feel like I'm there more often than I'm on my own business site.

Racing Cross on Sunday so I'm going light early tomorrow before my ride and then running long after the cross race.

Lovin' the streak!!!!

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DD, if it takes me doing 2 a days to get you off your ass so that you can beat Jonnyo once again like in the glory days, so be it...I will have served my purpose of being cannonfodder in a larger battle.

Ian, I know what you are saying about the spreadsheet....don't for a second think that the carrot of trying to hit the leaderboard in # of runs had no impact in me not getting my car fixed :-)...and now I have a few good battles going with my friends Konaexpress, Peter Tye and Allan Faulds (actually, when it comes to Allan and running, there is really no competition....we're in a different league, but its fun to push him so he arrives at race season trim instead of his usual 20 lbs overweight!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
DD, if it takes me doing 2 a days to get you off your ass so that you can beat Jonnyo once again like in the glory days, so be it...I will have served my purpose of being cannonfodder in a larger battle.[/quote]

HA haaa, I got an email fropm jonny yesterday where he was worried that I might beat him again. I think the score is 3-2 jonnyo vs me. But I still own him in duathlons by :03.

Here is his quote on email showing his concern

""""""dude...what about you just chill out and stoping all that stupid stuff.... i can see your plan... i m not stupid... you want to show up o a race that i will be doing to redempt yourself and even the score with me.....hummmmmmmmmmm"""""""

When is the race on the racetrack? That could be fun, coming up to Canada for a long weekend.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, that would be a great smackdown....Desertdude vs Jonnyo, with Dev as "track cannon fodder" at the Montreal Formula 1 track so you guys can lap me on the bike. Peter Tye will be doing the full Ironman and can provide additional on course colour commentary (unless he qualifies for Kona, at which point he might choose to downgrade to the half...)...and Konaexpress should be there to make sure you guys stay honest and don't slack off and let a 47 year geyser pass you!!!

www.esprittriathlon.com (I believe ~ Sep 20th, 2008)

....the half Ironman is a great race and a nice tune up for Jonnyo before Kona in 2008.....this course is soooo fast...last two year 4:14 and 4:17, which is about 20 min faster than some hillier and windy courses!!!

Today was a 80 min run + 100 min XC ski....it was minus 22 at the start and the thermometer never got above minus 21....oh well...anything to keep up with all the studs in this challenge....however, if I was smart, I would have divided the workout into a 40+100+40.... Run+XC ski+Run but then I'd just be padding my run total for no real good reason....

Legs still feel good....this afternoon, 2 more hours on XC skis with the kids...the nice thing about coaching is I become better because I have to demo good technique and try never to ski with bad form (which would set a poor example).

OK, so let's make plans for the demi Esprit in September. Fly into Ottawa, and I'll borrow the RAV4 from my house (seriously, I promise I won't make you guys run commute from Ottawa to Montreal ultraman style)....we do own a fully functional vehicle that you are welcome to ride in...and maybe Peter Tye will put us all up at his "Tri-PAD" in Montreal as is the usual custom for Demi Esprit! Be good to Peter and he'll cook you a great pre race meal!!!

PS...hopefully it is nice and warm like 2 years ago and not cold and rainy like last year when I had to wear a swim cap for the entire bike to stay warm (note pink swim cap underneath chrono helmet:

Dev...frozen coming into T2

Konaexpress, just warming up at putting down a 2:14 90K in the rain, just three months after breaking his pelvis

Allan Faulds, pulling into T2, even more frozen than Dev or Konaexpress, but making plans to hurdle past them on the run...his specialty...."racing light"

A warmer and drier day in 2006 where you could "give it" on the hairpin and literally gain 10-20 seconds for each of the 20 laps on the bike...in 2007, we literally had to stop cause it was slippery like ice....I went into a two wheel washout on lap 1 and decided to play it safe:

OK, if these pictures don't get you revved up to do this race, I don't know what will...my PB 2:11 half Ironman bike split (gotta love a fast course)

Dev
Last edited by: devashish paul: Dec 15, 07 10:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think someone needs to telecast that one!

I am very impressed with your training, btw. I think I'm going to bust out my old cross country skis when I'm home with the folks!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its the same track from the 1999 ITU World's when Dmitri Gaag outsprint Simon Lessing and the Aussie women went 1-2-3-4 (can't remember the order....Harrop, Jones, Carney, Gallagher....)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sept should fit nicely into my plans. I'll be taking a few weeks down time in July and early Aug when the temp hits about 45c here everey freaking day.

jonnyo though i bet he's skeered.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, I'm on the couch sick! It looks like my streak has broken already. I'll still be a platinum!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guys, come on up!!!!!!

I'd be happy to host, I really hope I'll be doing the half with you guys
which means I'm going to Kona, but any way it works out your welcome
to come over. It's a long way away but keep it in mind.

DD don't fly into Ottawa, fly to MTL its a bigger airport with better
flights and my office is 10 min. from there so no problem to pick you up.

See you in September.

Peter
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Peter Tye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! But please remind me in July or Aug when I book tickets.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem.

We'll even start an Esprit smack talk tread.

This year's was CLASSIC but we kept it to e-mails so the rest of ST didn't get
to enjoy it. Maybe next year we could do it in the forum, it really was fun reading!!!

Peter
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Peter Tye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy cow! I got in 2 good runs at the gym today like this run (35 mins) - weights (30 mins) - bike (30 mins) - run (40 mins)... Then it took me a good 45 minutes to get home! (2km)! This snow storm we're gettin' in Ottawa is ridiculous! Good thing I went "early"
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Bizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know what you mean.. Went for a 40min runs around 10:30/11AM here in Ottawa this morning...
It felt like I was constantly running uphill even thought it is pretty flat here.. & then when I had the headwind with 30/50KM/h winds, I was barely moving forward!
That was interresting!

Fred.
Quote Reply

Prev Next