Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Desertdude should be able to blow past me in the next couple of weeks...today is a big GOOSE EGG on the run challenge as it is a double XC ski day, and I'll be focusing on XC ski, bike, swim, weights, run in that order over the next few weeks when I have bags of time to train and not have to squeeze training around work etc. So I'll be going on the miniman 30 min per day maintenance plan for a bit and then try and pile it on in January when I am back at work :-)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You won't see me for a while also. The volume I put in since November to lift me to another level (I'm up 10% compared to last year) took its toll (sore calf) and requires some days off. Also, looking forward to some sweet days on the downhill skis (fingers crossed I won't hurt more than I do with my running, cause I like going fast :)). I'll - hopefully - be back in shape in the new year and will play catch up on my 110/100 challenge (now it IS a challenge :)).

Merry christmas and happy new year to all challengers!

uli

Quote | Reply
When is a plan becoming an excuse (or vice versa)? I too will have some off days travelling to see the family and some downhill skiing (are you sure we can't count it?). Still I will carry my running kit around and hopefully squeeze some training here and there. Happy Xmas and injury free year !

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Fix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With me, I have to be more careful with a plan becoming an addiction. If I'm skiing with my Dad (first ski lift till last for three days) who I see twice per year - and who knows how many times I will at all - I would be a dumb fool to sneak in a run. But that's just me...

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
lame. No holding out on your run data.....come on now, not cool.

I've been secretly keying off Desert Dude the whole time... :-)[/quote] LOL, I've just been trying to stay ahead of you.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uli...where are you skiing downhill in Europe?

My best memories of Euro downhill are a 4 day trip from Ottawa to St Anton Austria....fly out on Thursday nite on a military flight to Baden Baden, get in my rental car on Friday morning, drive 7 hours to St. Anton, get a few runs in on Friday nite, party all of Friday nite and sleep in a freezing cold train station because all the hotels were sold out and I did not want to share a hotel room with the stripper from Berlin (seriously, how dumb could I be....warm hotel room with girl from Berlin or cold train station...).

Then ski every possible run on Saturday and and Sunday and spend too much time in the evenings drinking a lifetime of alcohol....then driving back to Baden Baden early on Monday morning to catch the flight back home Monday mid afternoon...probably the best downhill ski trip of my life!

Skiing in the Arlberg region of Austria is just amazing...and everyone there can ski like Hermann Meier (sp?) and party even harder (actually it seemed like everyone there was from Sweden or Germany...)...just wish I could turn back the clock to 1991 :-)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, St.Anton is on the list!
We haven't decided yet so it might also be somewhere in Swiss.

Swiss is even better cause they ski better than the people skiing in Austria (mostly useless Germans ;))

cheers
uli

Last edited by: uli: Dec 20, 07 9:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skiing in the Arlberg region of Austria is just amazing...and everyone there can ski like Hermann Meier (sp?) and party even harder (actually it seemed like everyone there was from Sweden or Germany...)...just wish I could turn back the clock to 1991 :-)

If they were partying harder than everyone else they were probably swedes :-D
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Jocke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were certainly partying harder than everyone else, so they must have been Swedes, and on the slopes it was like watching many hung over swedes, trying to emulate Anja Paersson (oops, 15 years too early)....let's call it Stenmark.

Yes, skiiing in the Arlberg region is awesome....Uli, where in Switzerland will you ski? You need to post pics of you running up under the lifts with snowshoes with your skis on top because you would don't want Amy to get too far ahead...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stenmark or maybe a young Pernilla Wiberg...who´s little brother was one of the most gifted junior triathletes we had in Sweden. But as many other he was injured, but made a comeback as a senior.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like I just got punk'd. 50K in the last 3 days??? crap, I have lots of work to do.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Posting my first goose egg today. Spent the day downhill skiing in Killington, Vermont. Considering we stopped at the Long Trail brewery afterword and are now in the middle of the four hour car ride back to the family compound in Connecticut, I can safely say it's not happening today. That's ok, gotta have a little fun once in a while.[email][email]
Last edited by: admill: Dec 22, 07 15:43
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I feel like I just got punk'd. 50K in the last 3 days???[/quote] Just threw down a double today. BUt that only brought me up to 1 run per day average.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [admill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew,

I can relate - I'm in Aspen visiting my mom. Day was spent: shoveling snow for an 90min, lifting heavy boxes from basement to garage 2 hours, skate ski for 90 min, food and nap. Now that I reside in So Cal it's brutal on me here. I burning energy just staying warm and the 90min skate ski at ~9,000 feet elevation (and the fact that I suck) really killed me. I got into the gym 32 minutes before it closed and eeked out the hardest run of the streak yet. I think I probably should have taken the goose egg today. I'm beat!

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ian, that's the spirit, when I ran 100 days in a row last year, some days were 3-4 hour skate ski in the morning covering 50-70K, then coaching kids on XC skis all afternoon...then I'd get home, have a bagel and coffees and shuffle out a mandatory 30 minutes and I'll tell you that when it gets tough at mile 22 in a marathon on Ironman, its those runs that your draw back to get some strength!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a 60 minute run on the dreadmill today. It was awesome. I ran about 1 mph faster than my normal Zone 2 pace. I'm pretty darn sure that the treadmill was not calibrated right, but it sure was nice to feel fast for a change!

;-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...no, you're getting fast...the treadmill was actually calibrated 0.5 mph slow so you were just 1.5 mph faster :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ended up in the emergency room after my run today. In the middle of a really nice run at my family's place in the woods of Connecticut where I am visiting for the holidays, a dog ran out into the road and bit me in the leg. I kept going, then at the end if the run while making an extra loop to get in a little more time/distance I went down hard on a patch of ice. Got home and took off my tights to reveal a significant puncture wound on my leg so my mom made me go have it looked at. I'm fine except for being on a course of antibiotics and a really sore elbow from the fall. Tommorow is another day and another run. A lot can happen in 100 days. :)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [admill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that. I hope it's not too bad.

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Fix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not too bad, thanks. Got in a good run today with only minimal soreness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[b]YOU ALL MAKE ME SICK! I WISH I COULD RUN. INSTEAD I SIT HERE ICING MY FEET.

= ^ (

Keep it up people.[/b]

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
been there, done that. spent two years with plantar and unable to train. really sucked.
hope you get better. it DOES go away.
jana

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in Telluride, arrived yesterday from Chicago, made the dumb mistake of running for a half hour at 9,500 feet as I'm just starting to get acclimated to the altitude. Spent the whole time at dinner with a headache, feeling awful and just wanting to go to bed (and I arrived very hydrated). I was in bed by 8:00. I elected to take the goose egg today so I can ensure that I'm fully acclimated, and also to enjoy a night with the fiance and her family w/o feeling like crap. I'm now two days behind on Platinum, but I figure I can easily make up one of them in the next week.

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [r7950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My big test will come in 2 days. We are leaving to drive to Florida for a vacation and plan on leaving very early and getting on the road. My plan is to get up and run for 30 minutes around 3:30-4:00am then jump in the van and drive for 22-23 hours to get there and then follow it up with another 30 when I get to Orlando to keep my consecutive run days streak intact..... should be interesting :)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife and I woke up with raging sore throats. Taking some zero's today... Not at all my plan...
Quote Reply

Prev Next