Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At 11 PM last night I was like, "Oh shit, I have to go running now." The frickin' wind chill was 6. WE were working on a construction project in the shop all day long and just moving as fast as we could to try to complete it- runnning to Home Depot, Store Fixture place, etc. It was totally hectic.

I finished the run for the day 8 minutes before midnight.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should have kept going to 00:30 and then you would have one run for today as well :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [psychosyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll handle any late entrants if you can e-mail me at duffyshuffle@gmail.com i'll sign you up, make sure you set up a gmail account first and if you need an invite to do that, mail me for that too!

Dev, thanks for it all, cue that Spencer Davis Group song.. "keep on runnin..."

ps any good links to the MAP test format, might do it too

Thanks

Happy Running

G

Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put in a 22 minute run and distance but didn't include it as a run ie left the Daily Runs column blank so the distance/time is added but no run is credited, that cool?

Also, might be worth copying/pasting the sheet and saving it every day or two as it'd be easily wiped away, so a regular copy and paste into an excel sheet on a home computer would save re-typing the whole thing up again if anyone tried messing with it

G

Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 5 in the books. 47 minute easy trail run. Felt a little stiff at first, after feeling surprisingly fresh the previous 3 days. Good thing it was already planned as a "recovery" day. Hilly road run on slate for tonight. Hope I got all the kinks worked out yesterday.

5% through this thing. That's "over the hump", right? :)

Quote | Reply
In response to the guy that was writing smack on Desertdude's lines in the speadsheet (I could have not written better smack myself), I have actually now added a "Comments" Column where you can leave messages to your training partners on how you will pummel them. So let's see the smack talk added into those columns...certainly makes for lots of high value entertainment!

Also, to the person asking, I am "publishing" the spreadsheet to the general web at least once per day and also downloading it to an xls file. Google spreasheets allows you to save as xls, csv and a number of other formats.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, I had a day like that last year when I did the 100 days in a row of running. I woke up on Monday at 5:30 am, and ran 60 minutes, showered and went to the airport and flew to Tokyo and arrived at my hotel at 10 pm on Tuesday nite, and managed to get in 40 minutes of running before midnight, had a packet of instant oats and went to sleep!

Its days like that which you draw on when the going gets rough at mile 21 in an Ironman...that's when you say, "I didn't do that run on Jan 20th at 11:50 pm for no reason....note to self...suck it up and pick up the pace..."

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was me. I am flattered. My work is done in this Challenge!

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, who is the BONEHEAD who tried to sort the sheet alphabetically? It won't work that way!!!

Please do not try and sort. Just enter your data.

I had to blow away all entries after 2:20 pm by reverting back to the that version which is the last version that I had confidence in.

thanks folks....now be good, run and enter data, but don't try to get fancy!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a little late entering...hopefully I can get in on the action, but if not I understand. I'm going for gold.

12/1 - 6.4k in 30'
12/2 - 5.2k in 30'
12/3 - 10k in 52'
12/4 - 5.6k in 30'
12/5 - 8.3k in 43'
12/6 - 10k in 52'
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Fooshee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm a little late entering...hopefully I can get in on the action, but if not I understand. I'm going for gold.

12/1 - 6.4k in 30'
12/2 - 5.2k in 30'
12/3 - 10k in 52'
12/4 - 5.6k in 30'
12/5 - 8.3k in 43'
12/6 - 10k in 52'

Fooshe,
do you have a gmail account? If not then get one and email it to me or one of the others who is already registered and I'll add you to the spreadsheet.
-richard

June 22/08 - Ironman Nice
Sept 14/08 - Muskoka 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In response to the guy that was writing smack on Desertdude's lines in the speadsheet (I could have not written better smack myself)[/quote] Yeah good cover Dev. Bottomfeeder don't stoop to Dev's level. he is short and it's easier for him to get there. Oh wait I heard a rumor you were short as well ;-)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Dec 6, 07 18:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you should e-mail the whole list as well. I pulled a couple hyperlinks from the form the other day (uTube)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Ranking Sheets on the Challenge Spreadsheet

With Dev's permission and collaboration I've added 3 new sheets to the Challenge database. Each sheet shows 10 different parameters for each user, including total miles as well as total kilometers along with various averages using your current totals. Distances and speeds are rounded to two decimal places and pace is shown in mm:ss format.

To see these sheets just click on the sheet name tabs (Ranking ...) which are located at the bottom of the spreadsheet window. Each sheet is identical with the exception of the order in which the rows are sorted. The parameter used for sorting is shown in red.

IMPORTANT: These sheets should be considered read-only. Do not make ANY changes to these sheets. Either Dev or myself will do re-sorts on a daily basis so that the leaders will always migrate to the top of the rankings.

As before, you should continue to enter your personal daily data on the first sheet (which is now named 'DailyLog' instead of the generic 'Sheet1'). And to keep all the linkages between the Ranking sheets and the DailyLog sheet working correctly it is important that you not add or delete any rows on the DailyLog sheet. For things to work right the first "user data" row (Dev's) must be row number 3 and every user must have exactly 3 rows. I did a minor bit of clean-up work on the DailyLog sheet to enforce this. (BottomFeeder and Train, see the comments I left for you.) It's also necessary that your name be in the first row of your particular 3-row set. In a few cases I took care of that as well.

I'm sure Dev will have some additional comments when he wakes up in the morning. As for me, I'm off to bed. Gotta rest up for tomorrow's (today's) run!

Dan M
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [djm2150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks djm2150, great work. As the challenge is '100 runs in 100 Days', should there be a ranking in number of runs / day? Paul's goal is really to get us running consistently whatever the time / distance / speed. I know, easy to comment, harder to implement ...

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did my first double run of the Challenge last night. Ran 30 minutes to see a slide show by a guy who did this race/expedition: http://www.tourdafrique.com (which looked excellent) then ran home, adding a few minutes on each run to get to the minimum 30. I met a friend at the show who I didn't know was doing the 100 run challenge, and he was doing the same thing - getting two 30-minute runs in, before and after the show!

Ran 40 minutes to the pool this morning, so that was three runs in 12 hours, something I've never done before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brilliant. You are badass with the data.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many thanks for Dan M for getting the compiled rankings up and running. This should be good for the Type A stats geeks in the crowd (myself included), and it also offers "several competitions with the competition" that you can kick ass at.....kinda like the Tour de France with Yellow Jersey, Polka Dot and Green Jersey.

Now I have to get sponsors for this entire thing to give away prizes at the end for the various categories and we'll be set :-)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Rolldown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rolldown, that's the spirit...you're gonna hit platinum by 90 days.

I was thinking of a potential "quad run day"....it would go as follows: 30 min run+60min XC ski+30 min run to work. Lunch time 30 min run. Evening 30 min run home.

If Desertdude or Allan Faulds start putting in too many miles or too many runs, I'll have to pull this baby out of the arsenal to put a little surge on :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

6:44 pace - what's CPT Chaos trying to do? Kill himself?

Last edited by: BottomFeeder: Dec 7, 07 7:03
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figure that CPTChaos is getting all his speedwork in before the Xmas Virtual Camp at which point he'll be on the 4 hour per day training plan and even Macca would likely not be running that fast at those volumes (OK, maybe he would...).

I'm way off the back in the speed rankings...down in 35th place or so. But my goal is to knock off 1000K in 100 days (10K per day), so I need to pace things out or I risk blowing up with broken body parts.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you give me spreadsheet lessons? Seriously.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have him running scared. Told you, I'll be sneaking by everyone in the latter stages of this race err I mean challenge.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, yeah, I can see that.

We need to take this Tour to the Mountains in its second month. That's the only way to see what's under everybody's hood. OK that came out wrong...

And TT's, we need a few TT stages in there to separate the men from the boyz!

Last edited by: BottomFeeder: Dec 7, 07 7:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone should be scared of Desertdude. The guy is a lung on legs.

Stick Guy

"Thick Guy"

Guess which guy is going to run faster....oh, actually the evidence is on the "speed ranking" sheet!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next