Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at the forecast and said "screw it", I'm waking up early and beating the storm....I was running by around 7 am and there was only 2-3 cm of snow on the ground and I ran right down the middle of the street for 70 minutes...then came in and did 70 min hard on the trainer and closed it off with 30 min of leg weights...I could have ran indoors on the treadmill, but I'd rather not use the treadmill unless I was want to do very specific speedwork or uphill work....I simply cannot handle the boredom of the treadmill for "steady runs".

Anyway, there is more snow outside than we had all of last year....IN ONE DAY it seems! Next time we have a bad snow year remind me to organize a RUNNING challenge and you are guaranteed to have snow dumps of snow every second day!!!

Last time I "organized" a "run camp" in Mar 2005 same thing happened!

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._latest_reply;so=ASC

22 down, 78 to go to get to 100!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally gave in to the dreadmill this morning. It was hovering right around freezing when I woke up and pouring rain with the threat of it turning to ice at any moment. I set off in the car, did a 30 minute interval set on the dreadmill (I can't manage the monotonous runs on that thing anymore, either), and then went to the store sweaty to pick up some healthy food. Time to cut weight so this running is better on the joints!

:-)

Jodi

ps. It is now officially blizzard conditions here, too. Fun stuff :-P
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I finally gave in to the dreadmill this morning. It was hovering right around freezing when I woke up and pouring rain with the threat of it turning to ice at any moment. I set off in the car,
sth seems a bit wrong here. :)

Quote | Reply
I got a bunch of those emails. It will be nice to put faces to the people I'm trash talking to.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hehehe...

I take the main roads which are well salted to my gym (1 mile away). Running, I would have to take the side streets and sidewalks, which are the treacherous ones at the beginning of storms.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to contact 100/100 runners ...

Curtis Smith
Tony Berwald
Mark Muurisepp
David Falkner
"Magan"

If you happen to know the ST username for any of these folks would you be so kind as to shoot me a PM with "Real name xxx = ST username yyy."

Thanks.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Peter Tye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump

So we don't have to go hunting on page 5 for the link to log our KMs

Dev can you ask Slowman to pin this near the top for the next 85 days.

Peter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you do know that most browsers have a 'bookmark page' function, right?

(sorry, couldn't resist....)

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure that Google Docs has a 'group' or 'hide cells' function, but it would be cool to hide some of the daily cells to make it easier to enter the current day's data. Less scrolling...good!

Maybe just keep the current 10 days visible, i.e. hide 12/1 through 12/10 (Columns F-0) now. Then on the 25th, hide 12/1 through 12/20, etc, etc.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I do, and I have the Forum Bookmarked.

But, it NEVER occured to me to bookmark individual pages in the Forum,
that's a great idea.

I'm a idot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peter, you can also bookmark the spreadsheet "edit page" to make things quick :-) JP, I think we will keep the window a rolling 2-3 weeks that way, you can see what you and others have been up to and we can hide things that are more than 3 weeks old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can also mark the thread as a "watched thread".

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pulled off my second run today with dev inspired efficiency. 22 minutes from cabin door opening, waiting for gate check, pick up rental car keys. Walk to car. Drive to hotel (about 5 miles) down from garage, check into marriot, up to 12 th floor, change and run down stairs to 3rd floor and on treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... to make it easier to enter the current day's data.

Here's a trick that might be useful:

1. Find "your rows" by whichever means you prefer.

2. Click on your "Daily Runs" cell, in column E. For example, in JP's case that would be cell E210. This cell will always be visible without scrolling.

3. Press Ctrl-RightArrow (that is, hold the Ctrl key down and then press the right arrow key). This will automatically select the right-most filled cell in the row, auto-scrolling if needed. For things to work correctly you need to have entered something, perhaps a zero, for days you did not run. JP's row 210 shows what I mean.

4. Release the Ctrl key and press RightArrow once. This selects the first empty cell after the last filled cell.

5. Type: number of runs [enter] total minutes [enter] total km [enter].

You're done. No manual scrolling needed and not much chance of accidentally entering your data in someone else's row.

Sounds complicated now that I've put it in words, but it's basically one mouse click, one Ctrl-RightArrow, one RightArrow and you're ready to enter data.

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has been covered. We're using age as of Dec 31st 2007, or Dec 31st 2008? I don't want to be "middle aged" if I don't have to yet! :-) Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [immyfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dec 31 2007
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK Thanks - Crap, I have to change myself back then. I hope I don't screw up Dan's excellent work. I'm back to 35-39 - for a little while anyway....
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [immyfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Believe me, merely changing your AG setting is a nit. Don't give it a second thought.

Now if you want to really hose things up just ... No, maybe I'd better not say. Kind of like the sign that says "Wet paint, do not touch" it will be impossible to resist! :-) But if any of you happened to be looking at the "Ranking - Minutes" sheet earlier today and noticed a "strange" entry in the #1 spot, well, somebody stuck their finger in the paint. All fixed now.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [djm2150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You put me ahead of Desert Dude in the AG ranking today. Thank you, I can die happy now.

... But to tell you the truth, I KNEW he was going to go !!!!!!down!!!!!! sooner or later.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You put me ahead of Desert Dude in the AG ranking today. Thank you, I can die happy now.

... But to tell you the truth, I KNEW he was going to go !!!!!!down!!!!!! sooner or later.[/quote] You'll notice I have not entered any data this week. Maybe after tomorrow or maybe I'll keep you in suspense a few more days.......

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm shaking in my boots.

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought you only wore sandals?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah whatever... let's talk about what I'm NOT wearing at the moment... ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lets not and say we did, better yet lets not and act like we never even thought about talking about what you were not wearing.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lame. No holding out on your run data.....come on now, not cool.

I've been secretly keying off Desert Dude the whole time... :-)

my twitter feed
Last edited by: jpflores: Dec 19, 07 20:38
Quote Reply

Prev Next