Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be nice to have a race at 100 days for the Platinum graduates, at 110 days for the Gold graduates, and so forth... just to cap this Challenge off in style. I'm thinking a self-timed 10K at go-for-broke speed.

As a matter of fact, it would be nice to test everybody before the challenge as well, to see who has improved the most.

-----------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: BottomFeeder: Dec 4, 07 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boston bound and was going to do this anyways. Its nice to have some extrinsic motivation on top of my intrinsic. I'm in.

D

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [WildSide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I was kidding and just trying to point it out to the folks who weren't paying attention because there are a lot of really bad run times. My math skills are fine, my dancing sucks though. Thank goodness I am in technology.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, My bad run time is actual.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I plan to do a MAF test every 4 weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see if i am progressing or going down the dark side. First one will be on Thursday, i will post it.

tfun~
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the luton marathon here in the uk on the 2nd of December.quite a good start to my 100 days .well it was the second day wasn't it.trouble is now my legs are shot I need at least a couple days of no running ,Then I'm playing catch up.Im doing a 50k run at the end of Jan you sure I can't have bonus points for distance

DOUBLE IRON UK 09... 4.8 ,224, 52
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [trvfsub2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it will be interesting to see your progression.

I was hoping for Battle Royale at the end... :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sign me up for Gold Dev, thanks a lot, duffyshuffle@gmail.com please

Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev, put me down for platinum! I won't be able to start until I get over this cold, so I'll have some runs to make up in March!

MC

http://www.mctriguy.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could you add me so I can play? Thanks! tlittlehales@bendbroadband.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [MCHammers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it that there are so many people playing and so many thinking that they can get to platinum...not to put a damper on everyone's enthusiasm....but even for Bronze club you can only miss three days of running every two weeks, silver club, you can only miss 2, gold club, you can only miss 1. Of course you can always double up, but relying on that to make the goal is not ideal. The goal is to get out the door daily and stay consistent.

Anyway, thanks for playing. I'll do another round of "registrations tonite"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, the reverse psychology, "you can't do it" motivational technique. Very good!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [admill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just saw that immyfish did a 6.4 km run in 30 min. I did it in 40. :-)

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cold out there today. Really fighting The Hawk today. Day 4.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're going all the way hommie, all the way...

Beautiful "California" weather down here, but my bid for the Gold is definitely not a sure thing. Sometimes the runs feel good, sometimes the four miles can be a real bitch.

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [admill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its like telling a kid not to put his finger in the plug point...but seriously, I am trying to alert people to how few days that they can actually take "off running" given the goals posted. The good news is that on long training days you can do run-<insert sport>-run workouts and quickly develop some buffer, or catch up for lost time.

Also keep in mind that this is winter for many of us, which means the possibility of getting sick...that will throw things off pace in a hurry so:
  1. Don't touch your face
  2. Wash your hands when you get home and wash before meals
  3. If you are at a party with appetizers/snacky food, eat with your left hand cause you are shaking hands with right hand, or better yet, don't eat that stuff with saturated fat and laced with everyone's germs :-)
  4. If you are at a gym, do not touch your face with your hand...all the equipment after xmas is covered with germs big time due to gym volumes

I realize this sounds extreme, but if you want to train and avoid sickness (sometimes impossible), its good to stack things in your favour, especially on a long three month stretch like this which is not a sprint, and more of a mental contest of putting up training in small bouts. Its easy at first, but it takes a lot more to stick though it between the 30 and 50 day mark...if you can make it through that, it becomes almost automatic and a day without running starts to become foreign.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev Paul,
Please add me. Our power went out on the 1st, came back late morning on the 2nd, then I flew to Ft. Lewis, WA. Ran 6 miles very late the 3rd, 4 early on the 4th- I'll do a second run today and be almost back on track...

PS- pacific northwest people- the rain here is looney!

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please provide your email and you can be added to the spreadsheet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like a huge number of people playing. If I remember correctly the run everyday in feb and some of the others I played in last year were about 10 percent the size. You need a new motto...something like peer pressuring the world into running everyday while trying to talk people out of it? Personal goal is no walking the hills at epicman.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#4 - 52 min. on BAC trails. Felt better than expected after yesterday's effort.

Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris...2 feet off the ground at some point in every stride at Epicman...yes, lots signed up...so far 194 "collaborators" in the spreadsheet.

However, I'm getting tired of doing admin work and getting my email account flooded with people to sign people up (almost feel like I am back 17 years and doing manual entries into an Oracle database for a race series that I used to do in Ottawa).

I'll take "entries" till 6 am EST tomorrow (5 Dec). After that I'm closing "registration" and you'll have to ask one of the other "collaborators" (those who already have edit privileges) to sign you up :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A tired Dev is a good Dev.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,

Please add me to the list - dlubitz@gmail.com

Platinum it is... !

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you please sing me up. I have already started my runs. I am so excited about trying to go for 100 in 100 days!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in the spreadsheet you can just put in

= miles * 1.6 [enter]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good ... and bad

Signed up for Platinum as I need to get my running going and consistency is the key.

I changed my route to commute to work. For last year challenge 'run every day in January' I started commuting and the route took me 26', perfect for the minimum at the time of 20'. Now, Paul this year has raised the bar and it's 30' minimum, so I had to change the route and it takes me at least 31'. I missed the first day, but now I'm back on target ... until this morning when I woke up with a sore throat, sligt fever. Arrr .... Still going out today and see tonight if I'm better or worse. That's all the point of the challenge: get out and run even when you don't feel like it.

Nice Spreadsheet Paul, very impressive (and keep it in km ;)

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next