Less than I thought they'd ask.
Quote Reply
Re: Seat post [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Full unit. Haven't installed yet. Will post pictures this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard Felt might be giving them away to current IA owners. I thought they were to announce something this week @ Kona
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're giving them away here in Kona and will offer them at the discounted price to original owners for the next 3 months. This is different than I originally heard, but still better than paying full price.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea if my $35 was the discounted price or not. I just wanted to get one as soon as possible and $35 was no big deal.

Here is the link to the install instructions:

http://www.feltbicycles.com/...IA_Manual_CALpac.pdf
Last edited by: Greatzaa: Oct 11, 17 10:35
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
justinhorne wrote:
.....my LBS (a listed fitter on ST) told me that in his experience, even a properly setup IA is going to be twitchier than something like a P2, which he considers more of a cruiser. And to be clear, he wasn't saying "This is a twitchy bike," but just comparably. It's a racy bike.

I'm surprised to see that comment. I don't find the mine in the least bit twitchy. I wouldn't have thought any properly set up tri-bike should be twitchy for that matter. Aren't they all cruisers? It's not like they're designed for sprints and manoeuvering in a pack!

I was thinking the same thing. The P2 is quite agile. A handy TT bike. The IA is designed to steer like a battleship with a keel and a pair of oars.

-SD

Haha, brilliant! Sounds like just what I'm after :) Maybe then I can grab my rear hydration without feeling like I'm gonna wipe out everytime! Just need to find a LBS that can actually get one in - torn between the black and the red frames...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went out and got a ribcage and this is what I ended up with. The bottle actually is tilted up when pointing back, which I actually really like. Worked great for the race!

https://imgur.com/a/OxB5P

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Oct 13, 17 8:07
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope to get this part manufactured soon to make the front look nice and clean with a bottle up front. My xlab torpedo creeps coming a bit loose when the extensions get pulled in by the Velcro.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Last edited by: teinvall: Oct 14, 17 14:06
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am installing the new Calpac on my IA1 and rethinking where I put the DI2 Junction Box A. I had it in the Calpac, but I am thinking with the new Calpac it is going to be much harder to get to. Where is everybody putting theirs? Just above the front brake cover as recommended? How do you know when you need to charge the battery?
Last edited by: Greatzaa: Oct 13, 17 16:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i installed the junction box, just above the brake. its where the first cover meets the stem/bar. i usually just use one screw for the cover and its very stable. you can also take the top part off by itself to charge and leave the bottom cover on. for battery, i purchased d-fly and have the battery reading show up on my computer....along with gear setting, but i just really use it for battery checks. saved my butt, on st.george
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are some pictures from my install of the new Calpac on my IA1. It took about 30-45 mins to install. It would probably take half that time if I were to do it again.

As you can see from the pics, the bottom section is the same size as the old model (old left, new right), but there is more capacity because the top is larger. Sorry about the pics. Can't figure out how to rotate them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pics. I'm going over to the bike shop to check out the new cal-pac. Have you seen the draft-box live? What did you think of it?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! šŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was quoted 69.99 for the calpac, 49.99 for the draft box.

Anyone seen an official announcement from Felt on a discount for current owners? Not a fan of the LBS i got my IA from

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent an email to Felt yesterday and received a response asking about the discount.

There is a discount as mentioned earlier in this thread to the priced mentioned. In order to get the discount you have to go to a Felt dealer. It is not available through the web store. There is a time limit until the end of year. I hope Felt doesn't mind this info on a public forum.

The dealer must provide the following information:
Consumer name
Consumer address
Consumer email
IA bike serial number

There is no discount mentioned for the BTSpac and can be order through the web store. Although I tried to add it to the cart yesterday and it mentioned out of stock. In that same email there was a mention that there was a glitch on the web page at that moment and they are not out of stock.

I got last year's IA 16, which is in transit now to the LBS so I have to get both of those items. I don't have experience with the bikes with the older Calpac, but I am guessing it must be a worthy upgrade and nabbing one while the discount is in play.

Is that correct that it is worth jumping on the upgrade?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rode 80 with new Calpac today. I am a fan. You can really get a lot more into it and very easy to access. Worth the upgrade IMHO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI...not sure if this was posted or not...but the new calpac and draft box are available for sale on Felt's website under the parts area.

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, after waiting patiently since buying my bike in the early spring the calpac and draft box are here!

So, I order over the weekend on Felts site both items and also a new shirt. In the notes section I write that I understand Felt is selling the calpac at 50percent off and I would appreciate that credit.

A minute ago, Lisa from Accounting, calls me and says I am right but I need to go through a dealer to get that deal. I tell her it makes no sense and why should I be inconvenienced to get a component that Felt knew was substandard and and after years finally have a ā€œbetterā€replacement. She was VERY nice and apologized up and down but said she couldnā€™t do anything. She did ask how I knew of the deal and informed her of Slowtwitch and she never heard of it but said she would pass along.

In the end, shame on you, Felt.

I still had her process my order and paid full price.
Last edited by: Pwraddr: Oct 16, 17 9:26
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just called my local dealer, they now nothing of of new calpac, said they would need to call Felt and find out.

Glad I didnā€™t take off work to drive there to find that out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just talked to my local FELT guy and he talked to them Friday and said they didn't mention anything about a discount to current owners.

Any direction to give him on a code or to call again?

The new listed parts on the web are a combined 120 bucks so I would prefer some kind of discount....lol If not ordering online is probably easier than having him order me anything - if the cost is same. It would be cost of shipping vs in state tax.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [blackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This inconsistency between the shops and Felt is sad. My LBS that order the IA also was unaware. I emailed Felt and got a response within a few minutes with all the details on how to get the discount. I forwarded that message to the LBS and hope to follow up with them this week as I was told my bike should arrive some time this week. I am hoping I can get this ordered at the discount. I am more interested in the draft box and that does not have a discount.

Try to email Felt and see if they will respond and if so take that message with you to the shop.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I mean, I donā€™t have time to do what Felt should be doing with their customers and dealers. I wanted the discount also, but in the end, 35 bucks wasnā€™t worth all the hassle. Great bike for the most part, but I just canā€™t get past this total lack of service/support for their customers.

Really sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own two felt bikes, a roadie and an IA 10. The roadie I bought new from a dealer here in NJ. The IA I bought second-hand here on ST from a guy on the other side of our country. I love them both.

I just ordered the new draft box and the 2.0 calpac from felt's website at full price. Since I bought the IA 10 second-hand, there would be no discount for me anyway.

That being said, I'm not going to fault Felt on this one. The original calpac was not a "manufacturing defect" by any means. It was simply a poorly designed component on an otherwise stellar machine. This happens ALL THE TIME all over the place. Anyone ever buy a car for 40, 50, or 60k and find something you don't like about it? Yep...i've done that. Beautiful car except that shift knob...god I hate that shift knob. Or like my friend just experienced, her brand new Audi doesn't have a USB port!!! WHAT!?!

It happens all the time, in every product that has more than one piece.

Felt would have to engage in original owner verification in order to issue the credit and they probably don't even have those records. Does every LBS in the country...the world...inform Felt HQ as to who bought their bike? I don't know the answer to that but I doubt it. Felt asking their dealers to administrate the credit is distributive and probably the only efficient and effective way to get this done.

Could there be more communication to the LBS's on this credit program...YES. Agree with that...but when has "more communication" not been the first complaint in 95% of all jobs ever.

In the end, I like that they were changing out / adding these parts to people's bikes at Kona for free and hope they continue that at major races. And I hope they continue to update and innovate and respond to the communities they serve (as they did by redesigning the calpac).

I ordered these yesterday and Felt shipped them today. Thanks Felt!

Cheerio,

J

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Formulagod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just figured out how to solve this problem.

I was in the middle of designing a shark fin under BB system for my Softride, but I am going to shelve that and work on this new idea.

I think I can print it in just 2 pieces, the main body and the lid.

The key is to use the gap in the center of the seat post to attach the main body. Probably a tab on the bottom that you drill a small hole into the frame down below where the seat post extends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got both of the new parts earlier this week via the website. Shipping was lightning fast. LBS offered to jump through the serial number hoops for me, but in the end the $30 or whatever wasn't worth it. The calpac looks much more user friendly and durable. The box is skinnier than it looks in pictures and hides behind the seatpost better than I expected (based on those same pictures).
Quote Reply

Prev Next