Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Premier Tactical [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
I’ll be out there as well. I don’t mind a little water. Hopefully nothing gets cancelled.

if it’s as bad as the weather report is looking i’m betting at least the swim is cancelled. we shall see.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
I’ll be out there as well. I don’t mind a little water. Hopefully nothing gets cancelled.

if it’s as bad as the weather report is looking i’m betting at least the swim is cancelled. we shall see.

Not looking good at the moment. I'm not optimistic either.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
KingMidas wrote:

You both recall last year? Forecast was for biblical storms even as I went to sleep on the Saturday night.... woke up to awesomely fast conditions (cold for some, but fast for me)... It’s Texas, we will know on Sunday.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [DanCT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DanCT wrote:
Callin' wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
KingMidas wrote:

You both recall last year? Forecast was for biblical storms even as I went to sleep on the Saturday night.... woke up to awesomely fast conditions (cold for some, but fast for me)... It’s Texas, we will know on Sunday.

Dan

oh you mean so cold i couldn’t feel my feet for the first two miles of the run? :-D

i’ll def take the winds on the bike though... it was nice last year. as of now it’s a constant cross wind in the forecast.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:

oh you mean so cold i couldn’t feel my feet for the first two miles of the run? :-D

i’ll def take the winds on the bike though... it was nice last year. as of now it’s a constant cross wind in the forecast.

Yep, that was it, super fast run day!

Not a fan of the cross wind either, rather have head/tail I reckon.

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like we’re gonna have a race!
Last edited by: KingMidas: Apr 6, 19 17:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup! from the sounds of the briefing at 2pm they think it will be a good full race.

it’s been a nice day off and on. maybe we’ll get surprised with a little sunshine like today.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
https://ibb.co/F48k0ft

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so what texas 70.3 people here got to finish? i was roughly a mile from the finish line when they shut it down.

huddled in a freezing parking garage for an hour the running to transition in the cold rain watching lightning pop, then running to the parking lot PAST the water park where i had to park SUCKED.

i can’t fault them for shutting it down though. safety first all the way.

i didn’t get a finisher medal but i do have this nifty m dot timing chip as a souvenir!

Last edited by: damon.lebeouf: Apr 7, 19 16:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was crazy! But it was perfect weather before it became stupid weather. I got to finish with a nice shiny PB but my friend didn’t and this was his first HIM. I feel bad for him.

I came over to meet you a couple times but I you must have come pretty late to transition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
so what texas 70.3 people here got to finish? i was roughly a mile from the finish line when they shut it down.

huddled in a freezing parking garage for an hour the running to transition in the cold rain watching lightning pop, then running to the parking lot PAST the water park where i had to park SUCKED.

i didn’t get a finisher medal but i do have this nifty m dot timing chip as a souvenir!

I finished and was back in my hotel as the storm hit. Really happy with a new PB but feel bad for those I knew that were doing their first ever 70.3... It was the right call and just one of those things, but it must feel tough for y’all.

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 miles to go and got pulled. Very unfortunate but I see where they were coming from. I was about to PR too :-(

My swim was unusually slow, not sure about anyone else...?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
My swim was unusually slow, not sure about anyone else...?

Yes! Definitely.

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:

I came over to meet you a couple times but I you must have come pretty late to transition.

i did get there kinda late but i hit the potties right before transition closed. that’s prob where i was. sorry i missed you!!!

my swim was slow, but because i’m a slow swimmer. the last left turn back to the swim exit sucked. i breathe on my right so the wind / waves didn’t effect me but left breathers got hit with that crap!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got to finish. Happy with the result! Extremely happy with how the bike handled the head-crosswind!
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, do you recommend a dual-carrier BTS system? With 2 bottles behind and FC35 in the front, I've got everything I need to last me for 3 hours...
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have only tested the FC-35 on the front against other options.

I don't have data for additional hydration positions.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJP_SBR wrote:
Dan, do you recommend a dual-carrier BTS system? With 2 bottles behind and FC35 in the front, I've got everything I need to last me for 3 hours...

i’ve done two bottles bts and front hydration (2.5 to 3 hr nutrition) and just did one bottle bts, front hydration and a smaller aero bottle on the down tube. i liked the weight distribution of the latter better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations to Jack Toland for stellar results at 2019 Collegiate Nationals.

Jack placed 13th overall in the Olympic non-draft event with the second fastest bike split of the day - second only to his teammate Roy Madrid who finished 9 seconds ahead of him.

"The Tactical rode brilliantly. It was a very technical 40km course with 38 90-degree U-turns and the bike rode like it was on rails." - Jack Toland

This was Jacks best result at Collegiate Nationals and he should be very proud of the results. Thank you for the great effort Jack.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dan!

Feeling very dialed on the Tactical. Race pic below:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:

We got to finish (relay). I was probably one of the last few people to cross the line. My wife rides the Tactical and has gotten great watts:mph ratio thus far in their relationship. Unfortunately, Texas 70.3 was not a great "test" given the late start for her and the congested course. The run was actually quite difficult as well. Running a fair bit faster than those around and it only got more crowded. Wasn't a huge fan of that run course and probably would never sign up for that race, tbh.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:

We got to finish (relay). I was probably one of the last few people to cross the line. My wife rides the Tactical and has gotten great watts:mph ratio thus far in their relationship. Unfortunately, Texas 70.3 was not a great "test" given the late start for her and the congested course. The run was actually quite difficult as well. Running a fair bit faster than those around and it only got more crowded. Wasn't a huge fan of that run course and probably would never sign up for that race, tbh.

ya, the course congestion is pretty bad.

it’s almost impossible to respect the draft rule.

i’m by no means fast on the bike (2:37:XX bike split) and i essentially just stayed “on the left” and passed people the entire race.

the run is a bit annoying, and at times traffic gets in the way and slows you down. i think the nature of the maze run course that is annoying enough to keep you always trying to find your pace also keeps your mind occupied and makes the race a little more fun. for me at least.

Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jack,
Congrats on a stellar performance!
May you share what hydration set up you have up front? I have my front end pedestalled like yours and am stuck with figuring out what the best hydration system is for the high stack.
I believe leaving clean airflow between basebars and armcups/extensions is cleanest and most aero so I’m not so happy with the FC35 and waiting for Dan’s new hydration system.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [soya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

I'm using an Alden Designs bridge (unfortunately discontinued) with a single bottle cage mounted up on stand offs. Some detailed pictures below:

Quote Reply

Prev Next