Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Premier Tactical [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a couple of pics from Cypress Tri in the Houston TX area. The entire course was a blast. 13 mile bike course was nice. i came in 10th out of 57 in my age group on the bike. im getting faster, 33 min bike split!

i took off the profile design FC35 ive been using and tried out an xlab versa 500. with the FC35 my computer mount was getting in the way of my hands. the computer couldnt have been in a better spot to view, but ive figured out a few different hand positions i like to alternate between. with the versa i can put the computer dang near wherever i want and its completely out of the way. its not as aesthetically pleasing as the FC35, but really i think im going to dig the versa better.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Last edited by: damon.lebeouf: Aug 2, 18 21:30
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice pics. Can barely even see the bottle in the second pic.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aavlee wrote:
Have you thought about getting the adapters to use your own extensions? Obviously personal preference but I have always angled/rotated my extensions inward which isn't possible with the design of the stock extensions so I really like how the stock extensions bend inwards at the ends.

Tried the adapters and my frustration with the front end is pretty high right now. I give up. I’ve tried to make this work and have spent a lot of time and money on it but it’s just not happening. I’ll just get one of those xlab 500’s like Damen and save my sanity. That seems pretty functional.

For anyone who wants to know the issues with the adapter, I will list them so you are informed if you want to decide to get them.

1) you lose tilt. If your fitter has your front end tilted, like I do, the adapter can’t fit with the the tilt spacer together.

2) you lose a lot of adjustability. Although the extension length can be adjusted with the adapter, the arm pad position is stationary since it’s bolted directly to the adapter as opposed to the independent bolts of OEM.

3) bolt length. The original bolts don’t quite fit perfectly with certain spacer combinations. The screws that hold the pad onto the adapter are too long and the bolts that screw on to the adapter from under the bar are either too short or too long on the next size up. Nothing a trip to Home Depot and a saw can’t fix but a time consuming problem nonetheless.

I couldn’t get a good fit with the adapter given number 1&2. I tried many different spacers to get something right. I could prob work something out without tilt but having only one reach position, I can’t overcome.
Last edited by: KingMidas: Aug 5, 18 9:15
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not related to the Tactical but ordered the chain and lube to install on my road bike. Happy to support Dan K and his company; the strong push towards innovation, engineering AND excellence in customer service makes it more exciting to try out these products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, that's too bad to hear... Didn't know you couldn't use the round extension adapter with the tilt, I don't think that is mentioned anywhere as well as the loss in adjustability. Either a full BTA system or something that uses a mounting plate seems like the easiest option, maybe Dan can offer his 2 cents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I think the X-Lab, Profile Design or Alden products work the best.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wanted to start a discussion on wheel / brake pad selection and what people are using on this bike.

i know the wheels that come with the bike honestly do just as fine a job as any wheel on the market for the average age grouper in terms of speed.

that said, im curious what others are using as i would like to have better braking. just using the premier wheels and brake pads that come with the wheels / bike i feel i would feel safer going into turnarounds during a race, and even feel safer with some better braking when im out on the road.

has anyone used an different brake pads with the premier wheels with better results?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think the brakes are bad at all with the stock wheels and pads. However, I have swisstop on my road bike with another set of carbon clinchers and the swisstop are way more aggressive (ie. better braking). I can "easily" fly over the front if I brake too hard with those. I'm changing to swisstop when the stock pads start to go.

If you mean breaking in wet, that's a different story and "most" carbon wheels suck.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [hhetland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hhetland wrote:
I don't think the brakes are bad at all with the stock wheels and pads. However, I have swisstop on my road bike with another set of carbon clinchers and the swisstop are way more aggressive (ie. better braking). I can "easily" fly over the front if I brake too hard with those. I'm changing to swisstop when the stock pads start to go.

If you mean breaking in wet, that's a different story and "most" carbon wheels suck.

naa, just normal dry stopping.

in no way does this statement mean to bring on a disc brake versus rim brake discussion, but my road bike is disc and i can lock up my wheels and skid with those. on my premier its not nearly that aggressive and i would like as close to that as possible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have your brakewire tight enough? And the brakes correctly centered on the wheel? I think I could easily lock up my wheels with just the stock brakes and pads. If the wire tension is "slack" you don't get the same hard-brake-feeling. I had to tighten it a couple of times after the first rides. My brakes start to take almost as soon as I start squeezing the lever. But to perform a hard stop I need to squeeze it hard - that's the biggest difference between rim vs disc.

If you're still not satisfied I would try another set of pads, for an example swisstop as they are much more "aggressive".
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [hhetland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hhetland wrote:
Do you have your brakewire tight enough? And the brakes correctly centered on the wheel? I think I could easily lock up my wheels with just the stock brakes and pads. If the wire tension is "slack" you don't get the same hard-brake-feeling. I had to tighten it a couple of times after the first rides. My brakes start to take almost as soon as I start squeezing the lever. But to perform a hard stop I need to squeeze it hard - that's the biggest difference between rim vs disc.

If you're still not satisfied I would try another set of pads, for an example swisstop as they are much more "aggressive".

i may need to do some tightening. ill give it a look-see.

Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aavlee wrote:
Damn, that's too bad to hear... Didn't know you couldn't use the round extension adapter with the tilt, I don't think that is mentioned anywhere as well as the loss in adjustability. Either a full BTA system or something that uses a mounting plate seems like the easiest option, maybe Dan can offer his 2 cents.

I can attest to the top-notch support and customer service from Dan, it's been nothing but fast and great.

That said, shameless plug: I'm selling my Tactical, see ad in the ST classifieds. Not racing enough to warrant having a fine bike like this.

Thx, S
Last edited by: stephanl: Aug 10, 18 17:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race week. Spawn is ready to roll.
Dan, thank you! Love my bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
man i’m digging the decal on the box!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using HED Jets (alu braking track) with Koolstop Salmon brake pads, not as sexy as all black carbon wheels but just don't want to worry about dry/wet braking. Also heard really good things about SwissStop.

Quick note that the travel case was amazing. Super easy to travel with and enough extra space for shoes and some tools. Forgot to mark/photo everything before packing my bike into the travel box. Realized post-race that I used the wrong set of extension holes when I was putting the bike back together!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your picture is upside down
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks right on my phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great!
You may want to change the bottle location though. The seat tube is the least aero.

BTS or BTA
But if you have to, then down tube instead of seat tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Your picture is upside down

your display is upside down. its right on my computer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aavlee wrote:
I'm using HED Jets (alu braking track) with Koolstop Salmon brake pads, not as sexy as all black carbon wheels but just don't want to worry about dry/wet braking. Also heard really good things about SwissStop.

Quick note that the travel case was amazing. Super easy to travel with and enough extra space for shoes and some tools. Forgot to mark/photo everything before packing my bike into the travel box. Realized post-race that I used the wrong set of extension holes when I was putting the bike back together!

nice shot!

have you had a professional fit?

i may be completely off here, and maybe its just the pic, but it looks to me like you're sitting pretty low on the bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
Looks great!
You may want to change the bottle location though. The seat tube is the least aero.

BTS or BTA
But if you have to, then down tube instead of seat tube.

Yeah totally, I was pretty indecisive when packing for the trip and just made a last minute decision to grab a round bottle and head out. I really wish the Elite Crono held 600ml/20oz so I could make a nice 3hr nutrition bottle. Definitely will go downtube vs seat though.

BTS I have such a hard time grabbing, I don't know if I'm ever going to figure that out or put in the time to practice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have gotten a pro fit but I ended up changing my saddle afterwards and having to guess a bit...

Without derailing this thread here is another shot with the pedal at 6 o clock...
Last edited by: aavlee: Aug 13, 18 13:20
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Olu [ In reply to ]
Re: Premier Tactical [Olu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First XS Tactical 2.0 ready to ship out.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
We hope so - I am actively looking to work with 5-9 professional fitters geographically spread out in the US non-brand non-LBS affiliated fitters. I would like to set them up in the same way I work with Jim at ERO Sports. One of each size bike on consignment at their place - one of which is assembled so I can refer people to see it.

If someone comes in for a fit or I refer someone in for a fit and they like and fit on our Tactical...they simply go on-line and order the Tactical from Premier. The fitter is not in the money loop. I confirm payment was received to the fitter, the fitter sets up the bike and gives it to the athlete right then and there. I hope that athlete will continue to utilize the coach/fitter for additional services.

Then I pay $200 to the fitter for the fit work and another fee for the bike referral. Then I just ship another Tactical to replace the bike sold.

The fitter has no investment in any inventory just a few sq/ft of space.

The Tactical does not meet the 3:1 ratio and you can not see daylight between the rear tire and the seat tube. Those are the two items although most officials don't seem to enforce the 3:1 rule anymore. I'm not an expert on all the various governing bodies and their rules so I can't speak with any authority on that issue.

Any updates on this consignment proposal?
Quote Reply

Prev Next