Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Premier Tactical [Bigbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2.0 comes with an 11-23.

def let us know how it goes moving over to 1x. i love the syncro shift that came with my 2.0, but there is a pretty good jump when i move from the big to little chain, so much that its jarring and uncomfortable and ive dropped the chain once during an event.

i mostly do flat course riding due to my geographic location, and ALL of my training is on the trainer in the garage for the same reasons you stated. my next race is a little farther north and there will be some hills from what i understand, and a race in the austin area has my 2.0 completely maxed on on the biggest cog on the small ring. im not about to change my entire setup for one climb on an event that i may get to do here and there, but if i start doing more races farther up north and get some terrain im gun shy of moving to a 1x because i lose a lot of options to get my cadence / power right where im comfortable.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJP_SBR wrote:
Did a 62mi organized group ride Saturday. Mostly road bikes but a few tri bikes. Came home the last 15 or so miles in a group of 5 and got some compliments on the bike. One guy said “man, I think that’s about the most aero bike I’ve ever seen. Looks fast!” Then when it was my turn to pull we hit a flat stretch and as I was dropping down on the aero bars he yelled from behind “get down on that and let it rip!”

Fun ride and the bike really is slippery. Lots of sections where the group would coast down some hills, and I was having to slow myself down to not run up into people. Even some people who were still pedaling.

In Mississippi?
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the synchro shift idea, but now that I am riding more outside, I am also struggling with that transition from big to little and sometimes little to big. The only thing that seems to help is unweighting the pedals when the transition happens. Maybe I just have to unweight on every shift because there is no way I can keep track of what gear I am in - too much up and down where I ride.

Anybody make changes to the synchro shift settings or have any tips?

damon.lebeouf wrote:
2.0 comes with an 11-23.

def let us know how it goes moving over to 1x. i love the syncro shift that came with my 2.0, but there is a pretty good jump when i move from the big to little chain, so much that its jarring and uncomfortable and ive dropped the chain once during an event.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [dcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you plug your bike in to charge and then open "E-TubesProject.com" you can adjust how many cogs it jumps. This will allow you to reduce to big drop while its changing front rings.

E Tubes is a free application from Shimano. I also updates your firmware and checks status on all your components. Very easy to use. Select Road bike for your Triathlon bike.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like something I would like to try. I don't own a windows based pc (borrowed one when I needed to use E-tubes last time). To use with iPhone, I can just buy an EW-WU111, right? Do I just drop than in line between the junction box and any of the di2 wires?

dkennison wrote:
If you plug your bike in to charge and then open "E-TubesProject.com" you can adjust how many cogs it jumps. This will allow you to reduce to big drop while its changing front rings.

E Tubes is a free application from Shimano. I also updates your firmware and checks status on all your components. Very easy to use. Select Road bike for your Triathlon bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. You will need another short di2 cable too. Mine is stuffed under the headset cover.
Last edited by: Bigbird: Jul 1, 19 17:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh! I was thinking it could be connected to the junction under the BB cover.

Bigbird wrote:
Yes. You will need another short di2 cable too. Mine is stuffed under the headset cover.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcon wrote:

Bigbird wrote:

It connects in line. It is preferred to have it close to the bars so it will be closer to whichever cycling computer your using. Shimano says to leave it in the open, but I've always mounted then inside the bars, stem, or headset with no problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes sense. Thanks.

Bigbird wrote:
dcon wrote:

Bigbird wrote:

It connects in line. It is preferred to have it close to the bars so it will be closer to whichever cycling computer your using. Shimano says to leave it in the open, but I've always mounted then inside the bars, stem, or headset with no problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [B2rad4u] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B2rad4u wrote:
TJP_SBR wrote:
Did a 62mi organized group ride Saturday. Mostly road bikes but a few tri bikes. Came home the last 15 or so miles in a group of 5 and got some compliments on the bike. One guy said “man, I think that’s about the most aero bike I’ve ever seen. Looks fast!” Then when it was my turn to pull we hit a flat stretch and as I was dropping down on the aero bars he yelled from behind “get down on that and let it rip!”

Fun ride and the bike really is slippery. Lots of sections where the group would coast down some hills, and I was having to slow myself down to not run up into people. Even some people who were still pedaling.

In Mississippi?

Yup. GCBC
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [travisfodor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travisfodor wrote:
I'm really excited for the hydration kit. I just got an FC35 a month ago, and I really hate it. I'd love for some users to shine some light on these things if anyone has a solution:

1.)The super janky red tie down- I just use zip ties now. Hack.

2.) Drinking tube leaking at the base. Any thoughts?

3.) I bought 2 different bite valve replacements and they didn't fit the tube. User error! Who has a decent replacement? The bite valve on the FC35 really sucks.

4.) I currently have a small piece of foam attached on the front of my frame to prevent knocking from the FC35 on the bike. I can't stand how this thing bounces back and forth. I have the velco super tight, and the only way I can avoid the rattling is to zip tie everything down.

Hopefully this is all user error, but I was a bit surprised to see how shitty the FC35 felt to me after all the good reviews online.

Some brackets have a Velcro strap instead of the silicone red strap. I thought the red strap worked well...until it broke.

I think you can replace the gaskets with something better that will stop the leaking. I agree, it can get messy. I saw a YouTube vid showing some DIY modifications and one said just go get different gaskets at the hardware store. I’ve never had bite valve issues, so can’t help you there. Is your straw right? PD has all the replacement parts on their site, including straws and bite valves.

Lastly, I’ve been trying to find a solution to keep it from banging against the base bar. I might put a square of foam hot glue gunned to the FC and see if that holds. It is a bit bouncy, I agree. On training rides it’s tolerable, in a race I’ll probably use some zip ties to keep it locked down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been searching but cant find an answer - is anyone running tubeless with the Premier wheels?

Dan- have you tried it or do you have any info on tubeless with your wheels? Doable with rin tape and sealing valves or?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
TJP_SBR wrote:
B2rad4u wrote:
TJP_SBR wrote:

In Mississippi?

Yup. GCBC

Yeah. Saw you out there Saturday and at the last time trial. Nice bike for sure. On my short list for new bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The current wheels are not tubeless ready. We are modifying our molds so the next production runs will be.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcon wrote:
Sounds like something I would like to try. I don't own a windows based pc (borrowed one when I needed to use E-tubes last time). To use with iPhone, I can just buy an EW-WU111, right? Do I just drop than in line between the junction box and any of the di2 wires?

dkennison wrote:

Read some of the app reviews before you go wireless. It seems previous versions of the app have been less than reliable, causing major issues for some users.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
dcon wrote:

dkennison wrote:

Read some of the app reviews before you go wireless. It seems previous versions of the app have been less than reliable, causing major issues for some users.

Thanks for the heads up - will do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey folks.

I'm trying to run a single bottle behind my seat. Tried a few xlab solutions but I can't seem to get something that fits my sitero and premiere tactical. I feel like with a hack the turbo wing would have worked but I sent it back before my return period closed up. My seat is pretty far forward so whenever I try attaching to the rails, the bottle doesn't fit. I also tried the sitero wing and had the same issue. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I would be able to move my saddle all the way forward with this setup with no problems, but I have never actually tried it. The integrated hydration system should be available soon, so you could always get that. I've got one on order but will keep the behind the seat bottle... that's the plan right now at least.

Bigbird wrote:
Here are the pics of my Delta 400 mounted as well as the Varia

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you change the code on the TSA lock on the bike case?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a small pin push on the lock. Push that while you change the combo.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I got the 1x set up installed and working, and I like it. I have only ridden it a couple of times on the trainer so far, but need to actually go outside and ride on the road one of these days:) I will post some photos below. It's pretty straight forward. Pull the crank, take the rings off, install 1x ring, put everything back together. The Absolute black ring I ordered is labeled a "gravel" chainring, but it IS made specifically for 1x setups, so the chainline is 1.5mm (approx.?) inboard of where a "normal" outter ring would be. It is my first oval chainring and I can honestly not tell any difference in feel or power on the trainer. But I have been on a pretty tough build phase, so legs have been thrashed a lot getting on the bike. I may notice something when I am fresh (if ever!). The trainer has a sram 11-26 cassette on it. I have 11-23, 11-25, 11-28, and 11-32 cassette's I can swap in and out for training outside and racing. I will probably use the 11-32 for training outdoors around here. I'm in Alabama and there are not many flat areas. I will probably have to install a full chain with the 11-32 and I may not need to remove any links... I don't know yet. As you can see in the photos, the RD cage is angled forward even in the middle of the cassette.. but there is still plenty of slack on big-big. I just thought I would share this in case anyone was thinking of doing the same. Oh, and the 1x set up will not work with only the outter OEM Ultegra chainring. I mean, it may if you added some washers, but it would be sketchy. The threaded sleeve that the bolts go into protrude through the crank so that if you remove the innner ring and use shorter bolts, the bolts could be tight, but the outter ring would not be secure.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a trick to re-installing the aero extensions to the base bar? Specifically, whenever I try to tighten the bolts from the bottom of the bar up through the spacers and into the extensions, the threaded metal piece that is inside the extensions always seems to slide, or get pushed up so the bolt never grabs on and won’t actually tighten. It’s really frustrating, probably user error, but I always dread taking it off because it’s been such a pain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes - through a top open hole in the extension - pop off the end cap. Then take and wheel quick releases and thread it into the back of the receiver inside the extension - hold it where you want it and screw in the bolts.

4 hands are better than two.

Dan Kennison

Last edited by: dkennison: Aug 4, 19 12:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJP_SBR wrote:
Is there a trick to re-installing the aero extensions to the base bar? Specifically, whenever I try to tighten the bolts from the bottom of the bar up through the spacers and into the extensions, the threaded metal piece that is inside the extensions always seems to slide, or get pushed up so the bolt never grabs on and won’t actually tighten. It’s really frustrating, probably user error, but I always dread taking it off because it’s been such a pain.

You can put a screw into one of the holes from the top just like you would put a screw in from the bottom, only from the top. That screw keeps it in place for you to put the screw in from the bottom into the other hole. Once you put one screw in, undo the screw from the top and put it from the bottom. That’s my method.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

All the orders in our system for the new Hydration Set were shipped today - 2 day service in hopes you will have them for the weekend.

Any other owners that would like to order - we have plenty of sets in stock.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply

Prev Next