Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Premier Tactical [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RichardL wrote:
Benv wrote:
This is Teflon, not wax.

Go back and read Post #736 above: "That is the wax that has been forced into all the small areas between the plates, pins and rollers."

Also from the website: "We utilize a physical Isotropic Surface Process/an impregnation process in combination with the Wax/PTFE/MsO2 coating."
My point was really that it took more than a few turns of the crank to the point I thought I had done something wrong or forgotten a step. When installing the chain on a new bike frame with new derailleurs I had to finetune the deraillers and couldn't really do it initially as the chain wouldn't shift. After applying the lube it was much better. And by now it runs very smoothly. But I'm sure it was a lot more rigid than a normal waxed chain initially.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone.
I don’t know if you guys know this or not but I just found something out and wanted to let you guys know just in case.
I needed to move my seat 2cm or so more forward and I couldn’t. I got a new seat with longer rails. I happen to live the new seat btw. Anyways when I was installing the new seat, I realized that I can flip the seat clamp around and get myself 2 more cm’s to move forward. Now I have 4cm to play with. I live the level of customization on this bike.
Here is a pic to show exact piece.

Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love. Not live. Stupid autocorrect
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that a BTS bottle cage mount behind the saddle? And does that come with the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Is that a BTS bottle cage mount behind the saddle? And does that come with the bike?

You mean the screws you see? Yes it is.
It comes off.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the ability to fit different crank lengths on them prior to shipping ? Or do you have a list of what crank length come from you on each size ? Thanks !

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The following are stock:

Large: Shimano 170
Medium: Shimano 165
Small: Shimano 165
X Small: InfoCrank 155

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diehl78 wrote:
Do you have the ability to fit different crank lengths on them prior to shipping ? Or do you have a list of what crank length come from you on each size ? Thanks !

I installed 145mm cranks on my medium tac and so far I love it.
I also have a brand new 155mm crank 52/36 crank that I’ll prob put for sale. If interested, just pm me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
The following are stock:

Large: Shimano 170
Medium: Shimano 165
Small: Shimano 165
X Small: InfoCrank 155

Thanks for the reply. Pretty much sold on this bike!!

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, do you stock the cover for the storage box? mine fell off on a crazy fasy and bumpy down hill.

This bike is really solid going down hill at high speed.

Thanks again for the new ride!

Don P.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Piche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes - I also put a dab of black silicon on the lid for big bump ocations.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you considering a 'steeper' seatpost so everyone doesn't have to have such a ridiculous-looking forward-slammed saddle? E.g:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiHJ7ehlkcS/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bopljz9Fyl3/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlIaSo0FxY4/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BipUx9GFEGo/
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your question. Three of those images are of the same athlete's set up.

No - That seat is past 82.5 degrees. Not a lot of riders ride that steep.

I agree its an extreme on the front side but the range is 71-83 degrees. Should work for just about any athlete.

Dan Kennison

Last edited by: dkennison: Oct 9, 18 9:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not necessarily replaying just to you, as it looks like you may have come up with a BTA configuration you like, but just wanted to share my own solution in case it helps someone.
I also wanted just a standard BTA bottle; I use infinit, so I don't need a bento and I don't want a refillable bottle system there.
I used a Zipp alumina cage/computer mount which I have found really hides the computer well. It comes with adjustable C-clamps intended to affix the mount to the extensions, but that will not work given the distance between the Tactical's built-in aerobar extension mounts.
I just used the main piece which includes the computer mount and used four zip-ties anchored to each aerobar bolthole above and below the position where the mount touches the aerobars. This locks it quite firmly into place. The Zipp mount does not extend across the entire width of the aerobar extensions, but goes about halfway across each at their widest point (since I torqued/angled mine to be able to leave a tiny bit of space between my thumbs when holding the grips). Just be careful not to fully tighten the zip-ties until you have it centered how you want. I inserted the ties through the extensions to not pull on the internal wiring, but honestly it looks like there is plenty of room not to have to worry about that.

Then I attached my bottle cage - I know some people have mentioned not being able to use a Gorilla cage up front but I have not had problems with it and prefer a secure fit. This works best mounting the cage so the bottle faces toward you, and avoids splash onto the computer.

I have never just used zip-ties to keep a cage in place, but I was really surprised how solid this is. There is a tiny bit of play, but it's really minimal and does not distract or impede the bottle access in any way. This totally hides both the bottle and computer behind my arms and places the computer in the perfect place to be able to easily view it and yet not interfere with my hands. I should note that my armrests are mounted at an inner position - my arms thus cradle the bottle which I thought I would mind but I actually like as it simply helps create a more locked-in arm position - but there is another row of holes to mount the armrests farther to the outside if preferable.

Also, in case it helps anyone to know, I switched out the stock armrests (which are quite small) to the Profile Design F35 armrests and Cee Gees pads based on what I read in this thread - but be careful to get the right ones if you want to do this. I originally ordered just the standard alloy version, but the boltholes do not line up correctly. Thanks to Damon.L and thugbuster for helping me with this. If you are handy and comfortable with a drill, you can try to drill out the proper spacing, but I chose to just bite the bullet, return those and purchase the carbon version of the F-35's which has compatible bolthole spacing. Too much money but it was worth it to me to just have it work without messing with it. Super-happy with the result. Here is a picture of the finished product - size Large with the tilt assembly.

I also just wanted to say that I had been lusting after this bike since seeing it explode onto slowtwitch nearly two years ago, but hadn't been ready to purchase initially. Dan Kennison answered probably thirty emails and messages from me before I was fully ready (code for wife-approved) to buy, and then answered probably just as many after I purchased and was putting it together. He did it all with every bit of the patience, responsiveness, helpfulness and politeness that every other person who has interacted with him on slowtwitch has attested to. His consistency was a huge factor in my comfort level purchasing, and has done nothing since then except reinforce my faith that I made the best decision. I don't know where he finds the time and the patience, but he has done it without fail. And I freaking love my new ride.

Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [rahciao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the purchase, and good job setting it up! looks quite awesome sir!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks great.
You may like it the way it is set up but the bottle being reversed is problem for me.
Aside from contents spilling if nozzle not tightened, I put my water in the BTA. At races they give you those water bottles that barely fit in the cages especially after you squeeze a bit of the water out. With the cage being slanted those bottles fall out. That’s why it took me a while to find a solution I was happy with.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your help with the armrest problem, and quite agree! Of course, I just now saw the aluminum F-35's with the identical boltholes for $50 less than I paid for the carbon ones... sigh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair point - for an olympic I'll just use the BTA, but for a half I will also use a downtube nutrition bottle and a BTS water bottle and will just switch the BTS with the BTA when empty. For a full I would pick up fresh bottles at special needs.
But I've had problems with the occasional leak, definitely - I didn't see what your solution was, just that it looked like you had achieved one - what did you decide on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m using an Xlab Torpedo Versa200.
I just removed the tornado and changed the cage to a tririg cage and put my bottles in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks like that would be good - I hadn't seen the tri rig cage before but I had actually ordered the versa mount and ended up sending it back. My issue there was the distance between the bottle and the computer mount - no issues with the computer getting in the way when removing or replacing bottles since they are front-loaded? It seemed to me like I would have to either have the computer positioned lower - in line with the extensions - where I couldn't see it as well, or far enough in front of the bottle so that I could remove the bottle but it would be in the way of my hands on the grips.
How stable is the versa mount with the velcro, and do you supplement with zip-ties?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Here's my ghetto DIY computer mount. I just cutout a piece of plastic, drilled 2 holes for zip ties and secured a standard gamrin mount with the elastics. Gets the computer far forward and low which is what I was looking for.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice đź‘Ť

Did you mount your BTA bottle cage directly to the base bar?

James - est. as a Triathlete 1983
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [BrotherTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it doesn't show up in the picture at all but I used these from the Profile Design HC mount (https://profile-design.com/collections/hydration/products/hc-mount-1) secured with zip ties.

They just barely go the full length but once you get it all zipped up they have been really secure. Would consider using a 1 piece or velcro option but I found the way that I have my cups and extensions mounted there isn't much "usable" space on the bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rahciao wrote:
That looks like that would be good - I hadn't seen the tri rig cage before but I had actually ordered the versa mount and ended up sending it back. My issue there was the distance between the bottle and the computer mount - no issues with the computer getting in the way when removing or replacing bottles since they are front-loaded? It seemed to me like I would have to either have the computer positioned lower - in line with the extensions - where I couldn't see it as well, or far enough in front of the bottle so that I could remove the bottle but it would be in the way of my hands on the grips.
How stable is the versa mount with the velcro, and do you supplement with zip-ties?

Here is a pic. The velcro on this thing is surprisingly stable. Although you shouldn’t use the Gorilla XT cage on the BTA. The amount of force required to remove a bottle is way too much. Even the regular Gorilla which I use for BTS is a bit much in BTA for me. Also you can’t use a 24oz bottle. 20oz is perfect there. But the computer is perfectly where I want it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely leaning towards pulling the trigger on one of these around the holiday season. Awesome stuff, just not a fan of the FC35 "look" for hydration. Would love a Premiere hydration solution
Quote Reply

Prev Next