Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Premier Tactical [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dan, that's the code I used in the past. The problem was that I could not find the discount code box on checkout. On second glace, I found it exactly where it should be. I'll blame that on Monday morning after a long training weekend. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1
Mine rattled and spilled constantly until I did these two things. On rough roads, there's no avoiding the rattle, however I've put cushioned tape on the leading edge of the flat bar to minimize the impacts.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
+1
Mine rattled and spilled constantly until I did these two things. On rough roads, there's no avoiding the rattle, however I've put cushioned tape on the leading edge of the flat bar to minimize the impacts.

I have a XLab Torpedo which has the same problem (unfortunately the first ride I found out about it, the rattle was bad enough that it scratch the hell out of my basebar cover.) Anyways, long story short, I used the same (cushioned tape) on the bottom of the XLab. Got rid of 99% of the rattle, and really only heard it 1-2x during IMSR. Worked great.

(For me, cushioned tape ended up being a fast food napkin, cut and folded into a square, wrapped with electric tape, then electric taped to the bottom of my torpedo) . That was the best I could do in a pinch at the race, when I realized I forgot my other more elegant solutions. It worked great!
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [TriangleIL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Tactical specific bta hydration system should be coming out in a couple weeks, if it's still on schedule. That's what I'm waiting for.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Bigbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update on hydration - I got the production samples in and went with the thickest of the 3 samples with respect to wall thickness of the main body. We rode 100's of miles with various set up's 1. main body (29 oz) with Garmin on top; 2. main body (29oz) + top cage with bottle (20oz). The system is very solid. No feel from sloshing or weight of the fluid. It is performing as well or better than we had hoped for.

Upper "T" mount works great - no changes - but we will switch from Velcro mounting to zip tie mounting through existing holes in the Tactical extension tubes.

Top cage and storage is complete and works great - no changes. You can run a single cage on top or the single cage with storage behind. (all included).

Straw position worked but seemed too far forward so the mold is being modified to move to the back of the main body.

All the samples, changes etc.. have been sent back, received and are being worked on. As soon as I get a production date I will update.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Last edited by: dkennison: May 27, 19 11:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
Update on hydration - I got the production samples in and went with the thickest of the 3 samples with respect to wall thickness of the main body. We rode 100's of miles with various set up's 1. main body (29 oz) with Garmin on top; 2. main body (29oz) + top cage with bottle (20oz). The system is very solid. No feel from sloshing or weight of the fluid. It is performing as well or better than we had hoped for.

Upper "T" mount works great - no changes - but we will switch from Velcro mounting to zip tie mounting through existing holes in the Tactical extension tubes.

Top cage and storage is complete and works great - no changes. You can run a single cage on top or the single cage with storage behind. (all included).

Straw position worked but seemed too far forward so the mold is being modified to move to the back of the main body.

All the samples, changes etc.. have been sent back, received and are being worked on. As soon as I get a production date I will update.

Can't wait!
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [travisfodor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never really got it the way I wanted it and because I had black, during my race last year I could never really tell when I was getting low on fluids and not being able to get rid of the nasty remains before getting new fluid was an issue. So, I ditched it for this year and am going back to the tried and true simple bottle holder that I can just exchange bottles as needed. I got the XLAB Torpedo Kompact 500. Works great with the Premier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to Dan for his 9th AG finish at Escape the Cape today.

Of course, he had the fastest bike split in his AG too :)
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much. But I forgot to add water to my nutrition powder which made the bike leg rather thirsty. Also, the 5 quarter mile jaunts through the sand on the run were debilitating.

Good swim, good bike. Crap run.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:

Good swim, good bike. Crap run.

Not the first time I’ve heard that and won’t be the last! :-P

Good job dan.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [rahciao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you tell me what model CG pads those are and if it’s the same arm pad rests that came stock? I’m looking to replace mine and can’t seem to figure out which pads I need.
Thank you all in advance!

Eastern Shore Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [cook264] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Copied this out of the message you replied to:

Also, in case it helps anyone to know, I switched out the stock armrests (which are quite small) to the Profile Design F35 armrests and Cee Gees pads based on what I read in this thread - but be careful to get the right ones if you want to do this. I originally ordered just the standard alloy version, but the boltholes do not line up correctly. Thanks to Damon.L and thugbuster for helping me with this. If you are handy and comfortable with a drill, you can try to drill out the proper spacing, but I chose to just bite the bullet, return those and purchase the carbon version of the F-35's which has compatible bolthole spacing.

So: buy the carbon F-35s and the Cee Gee pads for the F-35s.

cook264 wrote:
Can you tell me what model CG pads those are and if it’s the same arm pad rests that came stock? I’m looking to replace mine and can’t seem to figure out which pads I need.
Thank you all in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone here use garmin varia on their premier? I'm trying to mount it but looks like the seat post is too big.

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [frebay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one on mine. Married two of the o rings together to go around the seat tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a local athlete that has one mounted.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
We have a local athlete that has one mounted.

Thanks. Did they remove the BTS gorilla mount?

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure. I will get some images and post them.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the same thing. Just loop one o ring through the other and your good to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Tactical owner here. So far loving the product, but even more, loving Dan's responsiveness and dedication to his product.
Until the new hydration kit is available, I'm trying to find a good solution for a two-bottle behind-the-saddle setup. I currently have the X-lab turbo wing on my Felt bike, but it doesn't look like it will fit within the seat post/saddle/bracket setup on the Tactical. What are other folks using? I've seen some blurry pictures, but I can't discern the product or even if it's the same saddle as the one that came with mine (selle italia iron flow).
Thanks!

Antonio
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [SpanishPeacock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just confirmed with another athlete that the Xlab Delta 300 works. I just ordered one today after finding out the Xlab Delta 200 doesn’t come close to fitting my ISM saddle and the fact my seat is so far forward.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [soya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you go to page 39 (post 952), I have a pic of how I did my BTS and not involve the seat.

Since that pic, I have cut the wings a couple inches to bring the bottles closer forward because it was hard to reach the bottles.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! I missed that post! Wasn't sure if that model was gonna fit but it looks like it’ll also do fine and easier to find for purchasing as the Delta 300 looks discontinued.
Last edited by: soya: Jun 21, 19 8:36
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [soya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It works.
Like I said, the only issue was that because my seat is so far forward, the bottles were too far away.
I took it to a metal working place and for $20 had them cut and new holes made. You can probably do it yourself easily if you have the tools.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a delta 400 with gorilla cage mounted to the seat rails of my dash tri. My seat is further back than the one in that pic though.. I'll see if I can remember to post a pic tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool! That's not my bike but I do have the clamp forward like the pictured bike just the saddle isn't so extremely forward. I have an ISM PN3.0 so not sure if the Delta 400 would fit the rails. The Delta 300 seems to fit quite seamlessly onto the seat post though. Picking it up next week. I'll post some pics too.
Cheers
Quote Reply

Prev Next