Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Question is the new P3X better than the P5X (2018 one with mechanic Brakes)?
What would you buy if you had the money?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not seen it in person, but from the photos it looks fantastic. I have one on order and have ordered ENVE 7.8s (all blacked out) along with the SRAM AXS group. Happy to post a photo of the frame/bike once it is all built (in April hopefully).

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Last edited by: CPT Chaos: Mar 27, 19 5:15
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looking forward to seeing this. What front end configuration are you going with?

Eric

CPT Chaos wrote:
I have not seen it in person, but from the photos it looks fantastic. I have one on order and have ordered ENVE 7.8s (all blacked out) along with the SRAM AXS group. Happy to post a photo of the frame/bike once it is all built (in April hopefully).

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this interests me... putting hydration bladders inside of things is millenia old technology.

trail wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Integrated hydration up front is my beef with current Cervelo, and a bunch of other manufacturers.

Specialized has a key patent. And then promptly moved to the rear for the new Shiv. But assume they will still aggressively defend the patent.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am either going with the P5D standard front end or the P5X version, depending on if I decide to tilt my bars more. The S-bend on the P5D bars has a decent rise so I want to see how it feels/fits before looking at the more adjustable P5X bars. Stack and reach look to be fine so it's just that one detail that may cause for a change. I do hope to go with the P5D bars as they are lighter/simpler overall.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell me about your SRAM decision . . . help me and walk me through it. 1x or 2x. Integrated PM? FYI - I have had DA 10 sp Di2 and Ultegra 11sp Di2 w/ no complaints. Trying to decide on P5d build. Thank you,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it were me I'd go with the 50* bend extensions on the P5d... a little more extension stack than the S bends.

CPT Chaos wrote:
I am either going with the P5D standard front end or the P5X version, depending on if I decide to tilt my bars more. The S-bend on the P5D bars has a decent rise so I want to see how it feels/fits before looking at the more adjustable P5X bars. Stack and reach look to be fine so it's just that one detail that may cause for a change. I do hope to go with the P5D bars as they are lighter/simpler overall.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, some context on me: I race lots of hilly races and train in hilly terrain so I never considered at 1x system. I am a SRM user so will use the EXAKT pedal with the 2x AXS (50/37) crankset. That size is what I consider perfect for getting the best range and gearing jumps when paired with a 10-28t (training) or a 10-26t (race). If you look at the gear distance for each cassette/crank option, you can find a combination that suits (more so on the 12spd system than any other option, a clear winner).

I ride with a mate who is a Di2 user and went with Etap for one season, but did not like it. His two complaints were a heavy shift action (more effort he felt to push the buttons) and a slower shift speed. Both of those areas have been addressed in the AXS system, so for those coming from Di2, there won't be too much of a difference other than the shifting philosophy. The responsiveness of the system should be very similar to Di2, or so they say. He and were discussing this very topic on our ride on Sunday and both agreed this makes the SRAM system really great, especially as it is quite bulletproof and the ability to swap batteries if needed is such a bonus.

Jack

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
2 questions:

1. Has anyone seen the Blue/Coral frame in person? How does it look? What color race wheels would you pair with it?
  2. If I were to build it up what are the thoughts on Sram e-tap? AXS?

i've seen the blue/coral. looks great. it would be a great build with a SRAM AXS. i've got an AXS 2x in my garage right now; you'll soon have my "race report". but it works great.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked up this beauty today size 56...... and yes it is missing pedals, and it has not had its final fitting yet, so ignore the setup.

Plus still undecided on powermeter option, with me thinking of taking an SRM Cannondale Crankset off another bike, but the Cannondale logo clashes a little with the Cervelo. Plus need to figure out adapter wise with the BB

N+1
Strava
Last edited by: alexne: Mar 27, 19 8:06
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexne wrote:
Picked up this beauty today size 56...... and yes it is missing pedals, and it has not had its final fitting yet, so ignore the setup.

Plus still undecided on powermeter option, with me thinking of taking an SRM Cannondale Crankset off another bike, but the Cannondale logo clashes a little with the Cervelo. Plus need to figure out adapter wise with the BB

nice bike! looks like the one i rode! my comments:

1. i would hope it's not had it's final fitting yet '-(
2. i'm just surprised at what's happened to chain lengths. in the old days, you'd figure out the biggest number of teeth you're likely to be in - big and second to big, for example - and you'd want a derailleur cage long enough so that in that gear the pulleys are oriented vertically. nowadays, that seems not to be a concern.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes it is their complete stock bike option, which works for me, and only still have to move my saddle over. And my own crankset is a 170mm length ... still needs installing. Should be ready all by middle of April, as I m away for 10 days.

1) Yes indeed .... defintley not my riding style in current setup.
2) Must admit or have never thought about chain length, I just rely upon my favorite mechanic, who is first class. That means the bikes he builds or services for me don't break and do what they are advertised to do. Works for me. But will ask him about this

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
david wrote:
2 questions:

1. Has anyone seen the Blue/Coral frame in person? How does it look? What color race wheels would you pair with it?

i've seen the blue/coral. looks great. it would be a great build with a SRAM AXS. i've got an AXS 2x in my garage right now; you'll soon have my "race report". but it works great.

I've seen BOTH in person--even got to play with it a little, pressing the brakes, pick it up, you know, the usual stuff you do in a shop. Actually, they are the same ones on their website in the pictures. It's just sweet looking, but I still am not a fan of beam bikes in general, even though I had a Power V back in the day. I would go for the P5D Di2 Ultegra, but would wait until 2020 when the stealth model comes out (all black).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picking up my custom build tomorrow and went with Kogel BB to GXP Quarq dzero PM. Set it and forget it is my motto
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
picking mine up tomorrow and got the Enve 7.8 in all black. I used etap from my last tri bike with the plan to swap etap onto my road bike next season and convert to a 1x axs. will post pictures tomorrow on IG using #mycervelo

david wrote:
2 questions:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexne wrote:

No need to scratch your head, Cannondale cranks won't fit on Cervelo's BBRight anyway

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Mgibo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mgibo wrote:
Picking up my custom build tomorrow and went with Kogel BB to GXP Quarq dzero PM. Set it and forget it is my motto

I’ve had a few people ask me privately if I was going to design a box for the P5 disc. I would like to do so, but need to have access to one to measure or someone willing to take some measurements for me. Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area with one already that would be willing to help?

You can see the boxes I’ve designed for the previous P5 and other bikes on my website in my signature below.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Mgibo wrote:

I’ve had a few people ask me privately if I was going to design a box for the P5 disc. I would like to do so, but need to have access to one to measure or someone willing to take some measurements for me. Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area with one already that would be willing to help?

You can see the boxes I’ve designed for the previous P5 and other bikes on my website in my signature below.

Since Cervelo probably spent a lot of time in the tunnel with their bottle, it might be a good idea to just copy that shape and giving it a lid.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Since Cervelo probably spent a lot of time in the tunnel with their bottle, it might be a good idea to just copy that shape and giving it a lid.

or just make a lid for the current bottle maybe?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

This. Perhaps even make it so that it still fits in the relevant bottle cage, with the access hole / lid on the underside (frame side).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
yannb wrote:
Mgibo wrote:

Or do what most of us did with the p4. Razor blade and duct tape.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:

That's the obvious solution, but not everyone wants duct tape on their $12,000 bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

That's the obvious solution, but not everyone wants duct tape on their $12,000 bike

Ditto

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Alexne,
A question about the bento boxes on the top tube.
Looks like there are 2, small and large.
With the smaller one would you fit a tube and a Co2 canister in it?
With the larger one, how many gels do you think you would fit in it?
Jonboy
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonboy wrote:
Hi Alexne,
A question about the bento boxes on the top tube.
Looks like there are 2, small and large.
With the smaller one would you fit a tube and a Co2 canister in it?
With the larger one, how many gels do you think you would fit in it?
Jonboy

The smaller one is full already of blipbox/di2 junction box and cables I gather.

If looking for a flat kit I would look at the aero bottle on downtube.
Like alluded to in review article, the bottle is not an easily removed at least the couple times I tried in the shop.
Better to keep it as storage if looking for long distance tri.
Bottle bta and behind saddle would be my choice. And use the aero bottle thing as cut it and enable to be spares storage.
Quote Reply

Prev Next