Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fazz wrote:
Jonboy wrote:
Hi Alexne,
A question about the bento boxes on the top tube.
Looks like there are 2, small and large.
With the smaller one would you fit a tube and a Co2 canister in it?
With the larger one, how many gels do you think you would fit in it?
Jonboy

The smaller one is full already of blipbox/di2 junction box and cables I gather.

If looking for a flat kit I would look at the aero bottle on downtube.
Like alluded to in review article, the bottle is not an easily removed at least the couple times I tried in the shop.
Better to keep it as storage if looking for long distance tri.
Bottle bta and behind saddle would be my choice. And use the aero bottle thing as cut it and enable to be spares storage.

I believe Dan also mentioned using the aero bottle for flat storage. Is there an 'elegant' solution to modifying it, or is it literally cut the top off, and duct tape??
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I had to modify the bottle, I would probably cut a trap door on the underside (the side that sits against the frame) - this looks like it will be hidden and protected in the bottle cage so won't be visible / open to the elements.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The smaller bento box won't fit much. Maybe some tiny gel packets. Does not fit a tube or co2 cannister. I have some turbolite innertubes usually for my backup. But only if I squeeze it in will it fit. Then the question of course is with the long valve length, depending on what wheel your running. I like having an innertube ready to go without having to change the valve, and have a spare 80mm length valve innertube taped behind the saddle.

The bigger bento box looks big, but again it depends on size of gels. I managed to fit four of Torq gels I like and they are 45grs sized. I probably could squeeze in five if I had to. But more likley I will use the downtube bottle for my gel mix and the two bottles as my water/electrolyte option.

I also noticed that the ENve 5.6 wheels need either a 80mm valve innertube, or something like a 37mm valve with the 42mm Enve Valve extension added. If you use a standard 42mm length valve innertube and add the smallest Enve Extension Valve, then the whole valve is just to long and you dont get the benefit of the rubber of the Enve Extensions to protect against valve ratteling in the wheel.

Have now set it up with GP5000 25mm tires, correct valve length and moved my fit over from my previous TT bike, a Felt IA FRD. Final fit is in three weeks, and am adding dura ace own powermeter, as the cannondale srm unit I have is more pain then anything else trying to get installed. Am not bothering with ceramic speed rear derailleur part, as I have broken two already whilst travelling with a bike.

Jonboy wrote:
Hi Alexne,
A question about the bento boxes on the top tube.
Looks like there are 2, small and large.
With the smaller one would you fit a tube and a Co2 canister in it?
With the larger one, how many gels do you think you would fit in it?
Jonboy

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which prologo saddle is that and how do you like it?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the standard one which the complete build gets delivered with here in Germany, which is suppose to be the Prologo TGale PAS NACK, but it isn't. I have tried to figure out which one it is from the Prologo site, but I m unable to deciper it from looks alone. It just says on it Prologo Nack.

But I already have the Prologo TGale PAS NACK on my other Triathlon Bike (up for sale soon). So will probably move it over, as I can happily sit on it for hours. But am tempted to try out out some of the short nose ones, and have just installed a Specialized Power Pro one on one of my bikes to test.

Been riding Prologo saddles on the majority of my other bikes, and I love them. Mainly because I have the habit that I move around to much on the saddle, and some of the Prologo ones have little grippers on top which helps to keep me in my place. It might just be a placebo effect, but it works for me.

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!

How are you planning to carry the flat kit? tube with canister and valve between the saddle rails?
I'm also planning to use the aero bottle for gels/calories, so not planning to carry flat kit there.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone happen to know, if bought as a frameset only option, is it available in the green(yellow?) color? Or is it only the red?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AFIK it only comes in the red/blue colour scheme...

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman,

Any idea how this existing P5X owner news will be rolled out? Will we hear here or from our local Cervelo dealer? I bought a P5X the day the P3X was released so I was a bit miffed that no one mentioned that I should wait, I knew a P3X was on the horizon but didn't know when and just assumed that it would be greatly down-specced from the P5X (which I still think it is but not as much as I thought it would be) but definitely interested in this new development!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
Slowman,

Any idea how this existing P5X owner news will be rolled out? Will we hear here or from our local Cervelo dealer? I bought a P5X the day the P3X was released so I was a bit miffed that no one mentioned that I should wait, I knew a P3X was on the horizon but didn't know when and just assumed that it would be greatly down-specced from the P5X (which I still think it is but not as much as I thought it would be) but definitely interested in this new development!

we talk quite a bit about the differences, starting with this post, 787 on this thread. ben hoffman is racing IM SA on a P3X. but he's taking apart his P5X and putting the entire front end, pursuit bar and aerobar, on his P3X. there are reasons to want the P5X over the P3X.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at the charts, and using Cervelo's fit tool sliders, looks like I am a 54 because of my stubby dino arms..

Is a 54 going to look pretty 'moustache' with a 64cm stack and a btb bottle on top?? :(

Current numbers are:
Saddle height - 728
Reach to back of pads - 425
Stack to top of pads w/cee gees- 640
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are very close to the same . . . Same stack and reach. I am a 54. May need the P3x bars, but I’ll try it first.

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
We are very close to the same . . . Same stack and reach. I am a 54. May need the P3x bars, but I’ll try it first.

I messaged eric about the bar thing.....I'm still unclear as to how folks are going to be able to get these 'spare' p3x bars to use on their p5d??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would you mind posting in the fit thread? We can analyze this there...

SBRcanuck wrote:
Looking at the charts, and using Cervelo's fit tool sliders, looks like I am a 54 because of my stubby dino arms..

Is a 54 going to look pretty 'moustache' with a 64cm stack and a btb bottle on top?? :(

Current numbers are:
Saddle height - 728
Reach to back of pads - 425
Stack to top of pads w/cee gees- 640

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks,

In post 790 you said this (quote below). I just wasn't sure if there was something else that may be coming down the pipes regarding the P5X.

"by the way, i just found out something in the last 15 minutes that's going to make you feel even better about your P5X. but i can't write about it quite yet. nothing wrong with or bad about the P3X. just something a little extra special about the P5X. "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
I'm still unclear as to how folks are going to be able to get these 'spare' p3x bars to use on their p5d??

from your cervelo dealer. when you buy the bike. you'll have some leverage. you're buying a P5D. you want a front-end swap. the swap should occur at the point of sale.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
sorelegs wrote:
Slowman,

we talk quite a bit about the differences, starting with this post, 787 on this thread. ben hoffman is racing IM SA on a P3X. but he's taking apart his P5X and putting the entire front end, pursuit bar and aerobar, on his P3X. there are reasons to want the P5X over the P3X.

I'm in the market for a new Tri bike and am wondering if you can expound upon the reasons someone would want a P5X over a P3X? I guess I'm confused, since there was a recent front page article on Hoffman and his new P5X bike that he will race at IMs, but now he's using a P3X / P5X combo. It seems like the P5X front end might travel easier, the P3X is lighter, and aerodynamics between the two seem to be nearly a wash. There's also the component differences, which are probably functionally equivalent. It doesn't matter to me the location of the frame or component fabrication, as I realize the frames are made in different locations. Are there additional reasons you are alluding too?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So i had the chance to see the P5d and P3x at a bike show in the UK yesterday. Standout for me is the P5 feels staggeringly light, almost road bike light! P3x (in the blue colour) did look awesome too but felt very weighty in comparison... dread to think what the P5x feels like!

But I digress - I wanted to know if anyone has in info on availability of the alternative colour scheme? It was the black and green one at the show which looked great but there’s something about the other one which i like but need to see it in the flesh.

‘Officially’ im told the delivery date is May for the red frame but the Cervelo rep at the show told me that unnofficially he’s expecting it to be delayed until July/August. What has Slowtwitch heard? I wouldnt be surprised if my info was just an attempt to seal another sale sooner rather than later! I have just seen a red version pop up on instagram after all!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my bike. Personally, I like the black/blue/corral color scheme because the black and green colors every bike manu has. For those of you looking between the two, remember tubeless is the future hence no need to carry spare tubes co2 and such. The bike is only slightly heavier than my road bike and compared to other tri bikes I have ridden it’s almost like your sitting in a super car, one with the bike. I too was hesitant about the lack of angle adjustment on the front end but after doing a 3hr ride yesterday I felt just fine coming off the bike. I could see the p3x being a little better on long flat courses but good fit and staying aero has huge benefits.

For those wanting to run tubes until the tubeless industry is more established I recommend you use the aero bottle on the frame to cut a hole in and store your goodies. Between multiple aid stations on the bike courses I find it hard to believe we need to carry three bottles at a time.

My bike is a one off custom build so any question let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Mgibo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you post a pic?

Mgibo wrote:
Here is my bike. Personally, I like the black/blue/corral color scheme because the black and green colors every bike manu has. For those of you looking between the two, remember tubeless is the future hence no need to carry spare tubes co2 and such. The bike is only slightly heavier than my road bike and compared to other tri bikes I have ridden it’s almost like your sitting in a super car, one with the bike. I too was hesitant about the lack of angle adjustment on the front end but after doing a 3hr ride yesterday I felt just fine coming off the bike. I could see the p3x being a little better on long flat courses but good fit and staying aero has huge benefits.

For those wanting to run tubes until the tubeless industry is more established I recommend you use the aero bottle on the frame to cut a hole in and store your goodies. Between multiple aid stations on the bike courses I find it hard to believe we need to carry three bottles at a time.

My bike is a one off custom build so any question let me know.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone who has the new p5d know if the seatpost is the same as the “old” P5? Starting to think about developing a rear box for the new P5, and am hoping the seatpost is the same, which would save me some work.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yann, Are investigating the frame water bottle storage option? My P5D is on order . . . whatever you do, count me in!

David
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From I read, the seatpost on the P5D is the same as the P5 as they are interchangeable.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Yann, Are investigating the frame water bottle storage option? My P5D is on order . . . whatever you do, count me in!

David, haven’t investigated the water bottle storage option yet. I need to see the bike in person. If I hadn’t just gotten a Parlee TTiR, I would order a p5d for “research”

Yann

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply

Prev Next