Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [arby] [ In reply to ]

arby wrote:
She is just a publicity hound. No way in hell she can do 50 legitimate ironman distance courses in 50 consecutive days.

There is no way she can do 3 ironmans in 3 consecutive days.
There is no way she can do 3 ironmans with a few days rest in between.

She will get injured in her sport prior and pull out once she realizes she isn't an athlete

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]

Twinkie wrote:
arby wrote:
She is just a publicity hound. No way in hell she can do 50 legitimate ironman distance courses in 50 consecutive days.

She will get injured in her sport prior and pull out once she realizes she isn't an iron distance triathlete

FIFY

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]

Twinkie wrote:
I am going 5 before it becomes some cop out excuse...like "lady issues" or some form of underlying injury that makes it seem like she went so hard and some crazy thing happened that she risked dying but simply could not go out.

i think closer to 3 if they are real Iron distance days outside. She is doing it for a good cause so i am ok with the publicity stunt. Hope she can do more than my guess but i think of how i feel after one event or after back to back huge training days..... (maybe if i went slow and did 16 hours i could do a few but still tough not mention trying to get the calories in and all the time i would need in massage and physio every night)

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [arby] [ In reply to ]

I'm really surprised that no one has commented on a little gem of a quote embedded in the story: "it may take anywhere from 12-18 hours..."

RIGHT THERE, it shows how little she knows about what she's doing. Either she's super-confident in her preparation and training, OR SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT SHE'S GETTING INTO. I mean, aside from some pretty stellar endurance athletes, how many women have ever done their debut Ironman in 12:00-12:59 in ideal circumstances? Not to be too snarky about it, but Haiti isn't a place I'd expect ideal circumstances.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RBR] [ In reply to ]

When is she supposed to start? I don't see a day.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [140triguy] [ In reply to ]

This is a complete farce, not even comparable to what the iron cowboy did. I have a sneaking suspicion that we will see some ironman's like we saw here recently on the trainers. Riding the 112 in 3 hours, and then running on a mis calibrated treadmill..140 is absolutely right, saying that 12 hours would be the lower range just shows a complete lack of knowledge about what this would really entail, at least to do properly. I will be going with the under on 3, supposing that they are all road and measured properly..I'll let her swim in a pool if she wants, swim logistics over the entirety of this task would almost demand that many be in pools..

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RBR] [ In reply to ]

RBR wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
RBR wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
She will complete it. No doubt.

Care to wager. Lol

Loser swims a 10k?

I like to swim how about 10k 3x a day for 10 years ;)

Just kidding.

I am mentally prepared for it. Apparently that is all we need.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]

Only thought I have is she should not call them triathlons, since they are not races, she is just going to go maybe do the distances, and since IM is fudging the distances now, she can do the same thing :-p. Doing the events is different than doing a triathlon in my opinion.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [tyme] [ In reply to ]

greatestphysiques.com on Ashley Horner:

“Ashley admit, she never liked doing cardio that much, she says, she’s more of a “weights junkie”. When she knows it’s time to do cardio. she’ll try and swim in the ocean, go rock climbing or a quick HIIT session.”

Hmm...For her sake, I hope she starts liking cardio very soon. 😂
Last edited by: mwanner13: Jul 5, 18 12:59

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]

alex_korr wrote:
If anyone wants to take some bets - I'll go 3 and done here.

2.5. She'll quit partway through the third.

The first will be done in about 19 hours. The 2nd in 20 hours. She'll quit at the bike to run transition on IM #3 when she's already at 17+ hours.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [140triguy] [ In reply to ]

Side note... women who are not stellar endurance athletes can do an Ironman debut sub 12.

Back on topic- I doubt she will make it past 3. Should be fun to watch.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [SwimBikeChase] [ In reply to ]

Herbert needs to interview this lady.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]

Iron Cowboy did. However, he did say that logistics was by far the most difficult part of the committment.

dktxracer wrote:
RBR wrote:
Impossible unless the race is modified

Agreed. I doubt she could do 50 marathons in 50 days, let alone 50 Iron distances.

One important aspect of the story that is implied but not specifically stated: Is she going to do this in 50 *consecutive* days? I don’t see how she can arrange all the travel logistics and get some sleep in order to do this in 50 straight days.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mck414] [ In reply to ]

mck414 wrote:
Twinkie wrote:
arby wrote:

She will get injured in her sport prior and pull out once she realizes she isn't an iron distance triathlete

FIFY

No. She isnt an athlete. There is no skill or athleticism involved in lifting. I consider golf to me more of a sport and athletic than weight lifting. That requires learned and trained skill. You can teach a fat guy in a week to be just as technically perfect in lifting weight (albeit not as much weight or as many reps) than a "seasoned fitness athlete".

Let us not even start on crossfitters haha as a former gymnast. Wooo

That said. I am a slow as shi* triathlete and am almost ashamed to say that I am one when people ask what my PR's are haha they expect me to be some super athlete and nope. Im slow. I want beer when I run. Off my soapbox again haha

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]

alex_korr wrote:

I'll take the over, but I bet the logistics are going to mysteriously become more "complicated" shortly afterwards, and there are going to be some pretty comical excuses before she waves the white flag. To her credit, she did run 250 miles over a few days, so she's not JUST a pretty hobby jogger.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]

WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

I'll take the over, but I bet the logistics are going to mysteriously become more "complicated" shortly afterwards, and there are going to be some pretty comical excuses before she waves the white flag. To her credit, she did run 250 miles over a few days, so she's not JUST a pretty hobby jogger.

we should have a slow twitch watch party at a bar. Follow the live feed. Make a drinking game out of it somehow.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]

That's a possibility. The logistics of doing 15-18 hrs days back to back are tough and are likely to be the primary limiter.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment

RBR wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

Care to wager. Lol

Yeah I want in on this. I just don't see it happening.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]

LifeTri wrote:
RBR wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
RBR wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

Care to wager. Lol

Loser swims a 10k?

I like to swim how about 10k 3x a day for 10 years ;)

Just kidding.

I am mentally prepared for it. Apparently that is all we need.

We have GOT to get a lime and lol buttons

😂

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Fishbum wrote:
RBR wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

Care to wager. Lol

Yeah I want in on this. I just don't see it happening.

Same offer I gave to RBR.

Loser swims a 10k.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [domingjm] [ In reply to ]

Sooo... Why hasn't anyone on ST taken on the challenge? Since we will adhere to rules and distances... The most moronic stipulation both iron elliptical and this lady make is the varying locations. Easy setup for failure
Last edited by: synthetic: Jul 5, 18 13:42

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [synthetic] [ In reply to ]

F that. I wouldn't do 50 sprints in 50 days. I probably wouldn't even commit to one IM in one day. But I'm also a pansy.

synthetic wrote:
Sooo... Why hasn't anyone on ST taken on the challenge? Since we will adhere to rules and distances... The most moronic stipulation both iron elliptical and this lady make is the varying locations. Easy setup for failure

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]

I give her 4 days before she quits, falls so far behind she doesn't make the 1 per day cutoff, or tweaks the rules just to be able to finish. I just hope she doesn't injure herself seriously trying this.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [synthetic] [ In reply to ]

synthetic wrote:

Full time job in finance. Have tried to race the double deca in the past (20) and have been immediately shot down at work. If it wasn't for work id love to try over 50 following actual IUTA rules.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]

Absolutely I'll take that deal. I don't want to hear any cop outs though about injuries or Logistics she either does it or she doesn't

Prev Next