Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
Dick Gawker

A few weeks ago I met a nice guy at the pool. He's a bit of a novice swimmer and asked where I found my workouts. I exchanged numbers with him and texted him a few base workouts.

I meet him there the next day, and dude is just staring at my junk the entire time we're talking. He's not even trying to hide it or look in another direction. I'm pretty fit and do have abs, but it really weirded me out. My gf made a joke that she would stare too. I told her "Yeah but you're a chick. It's totally different when a guy stares".

The next day I see him again and immediately he's fixated on my lower region. I'm about halfway tempted to crack on him with a comment like "Take a picture it will last longer". Lmao.

Interestingly enough, I did have a lady also look directly at my junk at the same pool a few months back. She did look away as she caught herself doing it. Funny thing is that never happened at my old pool over a period of years, or I didn't notice. Full disclosure, I wear a race cut Speedo, but still I'm kind of taken aback by the staring. Maybe it's time to get some jammers?

Maybe taking the sock out may help?

My take is:
Wear it with pride as long as you can.
If your ‘life preserver’ creeps over the upper edge (chinch cord), you’re done.
Jammers seen in training are always a sign of surrender, and they leave nasty tan lines.
If someone complains, I‘d opt for a mesh-dragsuit.

I am still under covid restrictions, and there is that guy who shows up with regular sandals, trunks and Hawaii shirt standing in the shallow end and just swinging his arms and legs (actually it’s more like a wiggle).
I swear these are not pool shoes and the rest is also what he wears to and from the pool.
I talked to staff and they said there’s little that they can do as he abides to covid regulations (no deck changes and decency).
Gross.
I always book a lane that starts at the deep end now.
Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 21, 21 10:10
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [linhardt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
linhardt wrote:
In my early days of triathlon and when I was at my lightest I would buy lyra speedo type suits. I didn't realize how much chlorine affected them until I looked in the mirror and my crack was visible through the suit.

That has happened a lot to me during bike rides. It's very hard for me to tell the dudes his ass crack is showing, so I just pass them and make sure they never pass me. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
That has happened a lot to me during bike rides. It's very hard for me to tell the dudes his ass crack is showing, so I just pass them and make sure they never pass me. :-)

I have had that awkward conversation with fellow female riders about their riding shorts being a little thin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just start screaming "I was in the pool!" "Shrinkage!"?
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [TooSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got that years ago when I had a set of the old Saunier Duval kit.
A friend rode up to me and told me that she could see what I'd had for breakfast if I was in the drops. Not pleasant for anyone.
I've never worn anything but black or dark blue lycra knicks since.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [thickasabrick51] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thickasabrick51 wrote:
Just start screaming "I was in the pool!" "Shrinkage!"?

Haha! Ikr...makes you wonder what's so fascinating down there. I'm not sure I want to know the answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had to come back in to mention what I have seen the last couple of times I've swum.

There is this guy, must be mid-late 70's & after my swim, I went into the change room, and this guy was nude drying himself. I put my stuff down, went & had a shower, go out, dried off, got dressed, rinsed off my chamois & left the change room, and the guy was still nude & drying himself. Weird, I thought.

Anyhow, I swam again there yesterday (after two weeks or so) - same thing happened. I nearly spoke to one of the lifeguards about him, because he started to creep me out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure, everyone at the pool wants to stare at your junk. This sounds more like your fantasy, you are definitely a strange denizen
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
Had to come back in to mention what I have seen the last couple of times I've swum.

There is this guy, must be mid-late 70's & after my swim, I went into the change room, and this guy was nude drying himself. I put my stuff down, went & had a shower, go out, dried off, got dressed, rinsed off my chamois & left the change room, and the guy was still nude & drying himself. Weird, I thought.

Anyhow, I swam again there yesterday (after two weeks or so) - same thing happened. I nearly spoke to one of the lifeguards about him, because he started to creep me out.

Quoting myself... he was there again yesterday, same time. I put my watch on it (ooh er) yesterday - it was 10 minutes for me to come in, shower, get dressed & leave, and in that time, he had progressed from drying himself, to putting his socks & shoes on - with nothing else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
NAB777 wrote:

Quoting myself... he was there again yesterday, same time. I put my watch on it (ooh er) yesterday - it was 10 minutes for me to come in, shower, get dressed & leave, and in that time, he had progressed from drying himself, to putting his socks & shoes on - with nothing else.

If you’re gonna be 70, there’s a good chance you likely will need someone to dress and feed you, so I suggest you cut your seniors some slack.
They are slower. You’ll experience that sooner than you think.
Last edited by: windschatten: May 14, 21 18:39
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
NAB777 wrote:

If you’re gonna be 70, there’s a good chance you likely will need someone to dress and feed you, so I suggest you cut your seniors some slack.
They are slower. You’ll experience that sooner than you think.

Dude, this guy was swimming at a pool, not being wheeled around for his hour outdoors.

And he somehow found a way to put his shoes & socks on....but nothing else, which was weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found this in the "funniest threads" thread and had to add my two pennorth here -

There has been an influx of large ladies in the pool recently, he swim from the un-laned section across the laned section to get out of the pool closer to the changing rooms. One of these rather large ladies crossed the lane in front of me when I was head down in some sprint intervals one evening. Imagine my surprise when a windmilling arm smacked a big, dimpled, white, thigh mid stroke and my eyes were up very close with a quite enormous arse. She even looked at me like I was the idiot.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to admit I'm spoiled. The only time I have to share a lane is during the winter when the local high school swim team is practicing. I don't begrudge them taking half the pool. They are good kids, and they are old enough that they don't pee in the water.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Fredo_Adagio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fredo_Adagio wrote:
they are old enough that they don't pee in the water.

I have some bad news for you.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fredo_Adagio wrote:
I have to admit I'm spoiled. The only time I have to share a lane is during the winter when the local high school swim team is practicing. I don't begrudge them taking half the pool. They are good kids, and they are old enough that they don't pee in the water.

I literally LOL'ed at this...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fredo_Adagio wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fredo_Adagio wrote:

I have to admit I’m very spoiled

Usually have the ENTIRE pool to myself
Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 4, 21 3:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fredo_Adagio wrote:

My group discovered a couple of kernels of corn drifting around the bottom at the wall. It disrupted our rest interval as we pondered its origin. Honestly, it was quite distracting, but we have since focused more closely on contact tracing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yah. I am a high school swimming coach.

Think again about what’s in the water with you. And don’t think one gender is more likely to not get out of the water. It’s a non discrimination action.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fredo_Adagio wrote:
They are good kids, and they are old enough that they don't pee in the water.

You ever notice how the team finishes the entire practice without anyone taking a natural break?

I swim fast because I'm afraid of sharks.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this should go in the "cry like a little b" thread... but this thread also needs resurrecting!

This guy is a repeat offender, but never to me until today. He is a pretty fast swimmer, but out of shape so no stamina.

Previous time he was at the swim workout he decided to try to swim next to someone (or pass someone) while finishing up the current set while the next set was starting. The guy leading the lane almost ran right into him. Same guy swam into me while I was standing at the wall with everyone else - never had that happen before.

Today, sets of 4x100, 1x400, 4x100, 1x800, 4x100. He was told that he couldn't lead the (second fastest) lane (supposedly he also has problems counting). He swims second for the whole set, then on the last 25 of the final 100, he decides to swim over me to beat me to the wall. He couldn't understand why I was pissed...
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was swimming at lunch. My coworker happened to be in the 1st lane, I was in the 3rd. There was a guy in the 2nd lane who was swimming one length, getting out, doing a few pushups, pausing, then jumping back and swimming back to the shallow end. The strange part: he was timing his jump back in for whenever my coworker or I were turning and starting our length back. He was clearly trying to race us each time, but we weren't racing him.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Stva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to last...

I got in the water for the second time in a year. The pool was gloriously set up as LCM instead of SCY. The plan was to do a bunch of 50s on a minute. But as a lcm set up, the interval ends at the other end of the pool. On the far side is a deck clock mounted on the wall that was turned off so I kindly asked the lifeguard if I could turn on the deck clock. She gives a puzzled look and says that she thinks the switch is in a closet but doesn't have the key. I give a puzzled look as I'm pretty sure it's a toggle on the left side of the clock. So we walk down there and she passes the clock heading for the closet. I stop at the clock and see the toggle right where I thought it would be and tell her so. She stops and says, "Oh, the turny thingy. I forgot that was there." She thought I wanted the timing system turned on to use as a deck clock. Nope. The turny thingy will do just fine. I synchronized it with the turny thingy on the original side and went back to my 50s.

I'm looking at her as the denizen and I'm pretty sure she's looking at me as the denizen in this interaction.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per your post re: the pace clock...

I guess I'm the ultimate Denizen. I bought my own battery operated pace clock. I'm a member of a chain of fitness clubs w/25SCY pools. Problem is the digital pace clocks (usually) can't be easily seen because of their location and/or the sun. To solidify my Denizen(ness), I'm "old school" and prefer an analog clock.
Nothin' like catching 100 splits with one eye while in the middle of a gut bustin' 1,000.
I shall wear the mantel of Denizen shame, forever (insert shoulder Shrug emoji here)

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a guy that swim at one of my pools with a surgical face mask

I have no idea how he breathes while swimming but he spends most of his time under water looking at the bottom.
Quote Reply

Prev Next