Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
My GF reported to me that someone in the ladies locker room is showering and rubbing their body with coffee grounds.

I don't get that at all...

That is just going to result in the shower drains clogging.and then some sign will go up that says "Do not shower with coffee grounds!" And that sign will look ridiculous to everyone that sees it.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I think they will be clogging up.

Yes, we are waiting for the sign to go up.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
TriTamp wrote:
RayP wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Ever seen a man in his 70s blow-dry his balls in the middle of the locker room? I have.

Ever see a guy put his foot on a bench so he can use the community blow-dryer to blow-dry his asshole? I have.

I've seen one put his foot up on the counter, think of a stepup deep lunge to dry his balls.

The local guy here doesn't use a hair dryer, he just flosses his ass with his towel. Sometimes he wipes his face and body when he is done. On a related note, I believe he is single.

On a better subject: I had a thong spotting today (lifetime fitness, Citicentre, Houston Texas). And she could swim well too which is pretty unusual.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please don't provide the photos!
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [ivanthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's that? Pics or it didn't happen you say?

:)
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coffee body scrub is a thing.

https://us.frankbody.com/

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
Coffee body scrub is a thing.

https://us.frankbody.com/

That's it, I'm outta here...

<leaves on a high note>
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone finally found a use for Robusta beans. I thought it was used coffee grounds at first. Like the same principle for using them in your garden was was sad I didn't think of that. Maybe I did just think of that. Maybe a whole bunch of older STers who look young and fit can start using their used espresso pods as anti aging discs and we can all make millions! Prolly need to get all the shamed marketing thread people back together to market this for us though.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [adambeston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday, I was in the pool and suffering from the normal January Gym Rush. The entire thing was packed even with the pool split in half to double un the lanes. I manage to find a clear lane and hop in.

After about ten minutes, I see a scantily clad woman(late 20's-ish) trying to get my attention. I stop and she asks to lane share. She was wearing a two piece suit, but not really something that you would wear for swimming. Her suit was more for the cover of Lowrider Magazine. Bear in mind that this was a little after 5 AM. Not gonna judge...

Anyhoo, she hops in and begins swimming. I can already tell she's new to this. I'm not really good at describing swim technique, but let's just say that she looked like a dolphin with some kind of equilibrium issue. Still not judging, I'm just there to bang out my swim.

Another five minutes go by, and she kicks me hard right in the head! Her panic flail swim technique had given her some kind of mutant strength...

After that, I switched lanes.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [radaddio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the pool today I picked my lane and hopped in. Noticed the guy in the next lane over was struggling to do some form of breast stroke. Not terribly unusual since this was a Y and you get all sorts. Whatever, I never really concern myself with what others are doing in the pool unless they are doing something dangerous in my lane. In any case I do my warmup and when I am done I stop at the wall and take a moment before beginning my main set. Meanwhile that guy in the next lane is coming towards the wall and as he gets closer I notice something weird. Yep... he is wearing glasses. Every time his head pops out of the water he squints to be able to see as the water rushes off his face. He goes on like this for about 20 minutes, and no telling how long he was doing it before I got there. Back and forth, dunk head, squint, dunk head, squint.

Maybe he just wanted to get his glasses clean? I mean even if you aren't going to wear goggles, why not leave your glasses on the deck?
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
I mean even if you aren't going to wear goggles, why not leave your glasses on the deck?

presumably without his glasses he can't see the wall so until he gets prescription goggles he thinks this is the least worst option. but yeah, a bit odd!
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two pools in town, the other one's on the fritz, so mine is crowded for once. Guy who looks like George The Animal Steele with a SCUBA mask, snorkel, and giant black fins asks to split the lane, I say sure.

I go down and back, and on the return, Other Guy in next lane was waiting for me at the far wall, wants to race; I don't want to race, but hey we're racing but not racing .. anyway I make it back to the wall (still not racing) and go into my flip turn, and I'm flipping around this hairy arm and shoulder that are just floating there in my side of the lane.

I finish the set, and George is waiting for me at the home wall. He says, "Are you sure you're okay to split the lane?"

I say, "Well yeah, but when I went into my turn, you were all up in here."

He says, "Oh yeah, no, I was just floating with my eyes closed then."

I wish I knew what face I made.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scofflaw wrote:
Two pools in town, the other one's on the fritz, so mine is crowded for once. Guy who looks like George The Animal Steele with a SCUBA mask, snorkel, and giant black fins asks to split the lane, I say sure.

I go down and back, and on the return, Other Guy in next lane was waiting for me at the far wall, wants to race; I don't want to race, but hey we're racing but not racing .. anyway I make it back to the wall (still not racing) and go into my flip turn, and I'm flipping around this hairy arm and shoulder that are just floating there in my side of the lane.

I finish the set, and George is waiting for me at the home wall. He says, "Are you sure you're okay to split the lane?"

I say, "Well yeah, but when I went into my turn, you were all up in here."

He says, "Oh yeah, no, I was just floating with my eyes closed then."

I wish I knew what face I made.

Weird. There has been a guy in my pool lately with the same get up. Is there some big fin scuba fad right now?
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this has surely come up multiple times but you can't say it enough --

if I can taste your lotion/hair product/deodorant as we pass in the lane, you didn't shower long enough, or at all
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guy wandering around the pool, like people do at a gym when they are there to meet people rather than to exercise.

Fine whatever.

Then he shows up on the pool deck wearing what looks like a swim thong, with a huge man-bulge. He jumps into a lane and immediately little white flakes begin to float in that lane, clouding up the water. Pretty soon it was obvious that he was the source. Eventually one large wad of paper turns up floating in his lane.

He got out of the water to the locker room, and soon came back, but with a noticeably smaller bulge in his thong.

There was no more paper floating around.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Guy wandering around the pool, like people do at a gym when they are there to meet people rather than to exercise.

Fine whatever.

Then he shows up on the pool deck wearing what looks like a swim thong, with a huge man-bulge. He jumps into a lane and immediately little white flakes begin to float in that lane, clouding up the water. Pretty soon it was obvious that he was the source. Eventually one large wad of paper turns up floating in his lane.

He got out of the water to the locker room, and soon came back, but with a noticeably smaller bulge in his thong.

There was no more paper floating around.

I haven't read the whole thread, but this is my favorite so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first interpretation of this was that the bulge and paper were in the back. Obviously this was incorrect, but the entire story is horrible no matter how I look at it. Just--no.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tissue? water?

what could possibly go wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Just no. His choice of swimwear too. <shakes head>

What's really bizarre is he was young and extremely good looking. We seem to know why he was there. But! This entire pool is staffed by college age mermaids, lifeguards and swim coaches. He never tried to talk to any of them. He kept staring at my girlfriend though. I think he was just a little shy and a lot clueless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some tri dork brought his girlfriend to the pool.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's faster than me. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2-fer.
Guy jumps in wearing an iron man swim cap and I see his M tat on his leg so I think to myself as a b.o.p. I'm gonna get a clinic on swimming!
He starts off with a run in the water swims 100 and gets out and is gone! Not denizen but still weird.

Lady strips down to what looks like bathing suit bottoms and her bra then with a water and a smoothie gets in the shallow lane and just stands there talking on her phone. In Arizona outdoor pool so I guess she was just getting her tan on but why in the lap pool?

P.s. I was gonna take a pic but I made no promises and I wasn't even busy.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
tissue? water?

what could possibly go wrong?
The guy was obviously trying to make up in equipment what he lacked in intelligence.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welp, the Strange Denizen of the locker room this morning was definitely me. As is usually the case for some reason, as the only two guys in the locker room, me and a slightly older guy were right next to each other at the end of the "U" of lockers. We'd both just finished swimming and showering and were doing our thing in tight quarters while trying to maintain Dude Code proprieties under awkward circumstances. Somehow in the process I managed to knock my just-used Q-Tip off the top locker shelf, which spun slowly through the air and landed on the towel Homie was standing on while drying, right by his foot. I was horrified and was shouting "Fuuuuuuu..." in my head. I immediately bent down to retrieve it before standing up with equal speed and horror when I realized the proximity and eye-level-ness of where I was. Then I kinda short-circuited for a bit while trying to reconcile wanting to get my used Q-Tip off this guy's towel and his nakedness. I finally said something along the lines of "Sorry, I just... lemme just... my.." and grabbed it. He kinda chuckled and later gave me a good-natured "Have a good one" as he left just before me (thank you for your magnanimity, Sir!) and I'm sure I was more affected than him, but Jesus! What a way to start the day.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a new one today... though I'm new to swimming and he was a fast swimmer so maybe it's just new to me. The guy next to me (who is a fast swimmer) was using a long length of PVC pipe like he was rowing a kayak underwater during his freestyle stroke. Does anyone know what he was trying to accomplish?
Quote Reply

Prev Next