Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also the down tube bottle is placed lower than most other bikes which I think is better for aerodynamics

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread. What is the latest speculation on pricing and availability?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tony Martin had a few hero pulls. Lotto Jumbo is looking strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suspect that was done just as much for structural reasons as aerodynamic.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those Cannondale bikes have the rim brake instead of the disc brake and then has that Vision disc which I assume is a cover. Does Cannondale even care about selling TT bikes anymore?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  1. sergio wrote:

I noticed in live coverage Dumoulin had different extension set up than shown in this photo. It looked like he had two independent extensions where this one looks like the "Y" shaped extension. is that correct?
also looked like Sunweb was running 160mm rotors
Last edited by: drgwood: Feb 24, 19 14:15
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeyouincourt wrote:
Does Cannondale even care about selling TT bikes anymore?

It's bizarre. The "new" SuperSlice is apparently in stock, but there's been apparently zero attempt to market it. When Cannondale released the Topstone and SystemSix they had press releases, media rides, etc There was nothing (that I'm aware of) for the SuperSlice.

I thought the outgoing Slice filled a nice niche as a solid, easily-maintainable entry level bike with 105, etc. This one starts at $7K with Ultegra. So Cannondale has apparently given up on entry-level.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 24, 19 14:32
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some shots I see have me like meh, but then others (like this one) have me lusting

sergio wrote:

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can watch the opening stage TTT of UAE Tour at the link below. Go to 36 minutes in for Team Sunweb and the new bike

https://tiz-cycling.racing/...age-team-time-trial/

Cheers,

Robbie
http://www.instagram.com/trisutto
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed. I wasn't excited at first but this shot shows how clean this bike really is.

Having just now used the monopost of the excellent TriRig Alpha One, I'm interested in seeing the P5 cockpit up close. Will be WAY easier to fit someone than the old P5 what with those non adjustable spacers and hydraulic cables and all that. This setup will be awesome for experimentation.

Finally, I don't think tilt or lack of tilt is that big of a deal anymore.... a 3d printed wedge spacer from the UK and some tall ski bends fixes that problem very well and retains the option for various BTA hydration systems for us long course athletes.

Eric

LAI wrote:
Some shots I see have me like meh, but then others (like this one) have me lusting

sergio wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
agreed. I wasn't excited at first but this shot shows how clean this bike really is.

Particularly after so many hot messes over the past 3-4 years. (even if they end up being fast hot messes).
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Particularly after so many hot messes over the past 3-4 years. (even if they end up being fast hot messes).

I don't know if the P5-6 qualifies as a hot mess but it sure is fast and it sure was difficult to go through an evolving fit process over the course of a season what with those spacers, steerer tube issues, and hydraulic brake cables. This new one looks like a dream

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This kind of has that Trek clean/polished Project 1 look...
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the bike is also officially used at the Tour UAE.
Seems like Cervelo forgot to tell the world about their latest bike.
I thought it would one of the most anticipated bikes out there and Cervelo just missed to launch it properly?? :DDDDD

You can see the bike in the pictures below but also in this video at 2:40min:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr08H3uG4bE

and here is an onboard video from the race:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZVkDqiclw

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is some more video footage on the bike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_M6gl1dMXA
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some pictures on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/...b_button_share_sheet

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems so weird that Cervelo hasn’t made a peep about this bike

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not weird at all. They make great bikes, but have a history of fucking up product launches. This checks both of those boxes I think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the first disc brake tt bike that I'm actually considering buying. Looks so nice and I generally trust cervelo to make fast bikes. Hope it actually gets launched soon
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are they screwing up the launch though? They haven’t spent a whole lot of money on marketing the thing but have a whole sub culture of nerdy Slowtwitch athletes drooling already.

Kinda like SRAM AXS: “the worst kept secret in cycling”. Spy shots for months, then bam! Thousands (millions?) of dollars spent for a huge marketing release through a bunch of media sites.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some onboard/on-bike footage from the TTT from the Tour of UAE, so some up and close shots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZVkDqiclw
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Not weird at all. They make great bikes, but have a history of fucking up product launches. This checks both of those boxes I think.

...as well as the paint jobs.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, nice looking bike, disc brakes and easy to adjust bar. But no integrated storage at all?
Assuming that this will come in at a very high price, any reason to buy over other disc brake frames, suck as a PR5 or 6, that you can put a tririg bar on, and has a draft box, etc.?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not in my option. Lack of any storage would be a deal breaker for me.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flat kit under the seat, bottle BTA, bottle behind the seat. What else do you need to store? Anyway, it's also been mentioned numerous times in this thread that there will be storage options, those just aren't in the pics because they won't be used in a UCI TT
Quote Reply

Prev Next