Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Cookiebuilder wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Cookiebuilder wrote:
I am 6 3 and my buddy is 6 1 we got for by jim last week and this bike is too small for both of us. The problem is to go low it doesn't let me go long. .. same with my buddy. Oh well I am not on love with the areo bars either and the storage so I am a p5x guy I guess.

how do do you know the bike is too small for you? and, you're going to get happier by the end of the month. but, to be clear, why is this bike too small for you?

This is my fit sheet I think i read it right.?

i'm not seeing that fit sheet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwdmFxm3mlpFNjFtcHc0QkZfejN0MnVHWTBEYjN6MXJfYm8w
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Cookiebuilder wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Cookiebuilder wrote:
I am 6 3 and my buddy is 6 1 we got for by jim last week and this bike is too small for both of us. The problem is to go low it doesn't let me go long. .. same with my buddy. Oh well I am not on love with the areo bars either and the storage so I am a p5x guy I guess.

how do do you know the bike is too small for you? and, you're going to get happier by the end of the month. but, to be clear, why is this bike too small for you?

This is my fit sheet I think i read it right.?

i'm not seeing that fit sheet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwdmFxm3mlpFNjFtcHc0QkZfejN0MnVHWTBEYjN6MXJfYm8w

the 58cm will work fine for you. wait a week and let's talk.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks Dan!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
david wrote:
Slowman, So . . . I've been waiting. I love my P5 but 6 years is the longest I have ever been on one bike . . . I've got the itch! The question is, now that it is out, P5 disc or P5X???? Assume price is no object.

hold your horses for a week or two. then ask me that question.

Curious as to the rationale for releasing a bike, then waiting 1-2 weeks before releasing "spares" to satisfy consumer demand. I mean if you have it (they obviously have), know what consumers want (otherwise, why would they have it), why wait?

Same with extensions.. seems like you have to order what you want, in addition to what you have to buy..

Basically, inflating the actual price? or is there another rationale?
Last edited by: jakesdk: Mar 13, 19 9:01
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakesdk wrote:
Slowman wrote:
david wrote:
Slowman, So . . . I've been waiting. I love my P5 but 6 years is the longest I have ever been on one bike . . . I've got the itch! The question is, now that it is out, P5 disc or P5X???? Assume price is no object.

hold your horses for a week or two. then ask me that question.

Curious as to the rationale for releasing a bike, then waiting 1-2 weeks before releasing "spares" to satisfy consumer demand. I mean if you have it (they obviously have), know what consumers want (otherwise, why would they have it), why wait?

Same with extensions.. seems like you have to order what you want, in addition to what you have to buy..

Basically, inflating the actual price? or is there another rationale?

it's a little more involved than that. but it's an embargo; i have to respect it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright - that's interesting! look forward to the news.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I'm dying to know what tilt and other options are coming at the end of the month...
Wasn't (at least part of) the answer spoiled by Aerogeeks? See this image:

Looks like the P5D comes standard with the EX11 (no-tilt), that it can be swapped for the PXEXTU (tilt version from P5X), or swapped for the EX10 (tilt version). My guess is this is what will be announced in the coming weeks along with another frame. I have no secret knowledge here, I wasn't invited to be part of this launch.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK this makes more sense.

I also see the "HBP-EXT" in 30, 50, or S bend on the bottom row. I guess that's where the Pro Tour guys are getting their 50 degree bend extensions from!

TriRig wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
I'm dying to know what tilt and other options are coming at the end of the month...

Wasn't (at least part of) the answer spoiled by Aerogeeks? See this image:

Looks like the P5D comes standard with the EX11 (no-tilt), that it can be swapped for the PXEXTU (tilt version from P5X), or swapped for the EX10 (tilt version). My guess is this is what will be announced in the coming weeks along with another frame. I have no secret knowledge here, I wasn't invited to be part of this launch.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"hold your horses for a week or two. then ask me that question. "
----------------
A 30-year friend recently called me impetuous . . . I couldn't argue (and bought the car from him anyway). I've known you more than 30 years, so . . . I'll follow up in two weeks.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom Dumoulin is clearly using today the version with two separate extensions. Maybe a slight tilt too!?
Also, he looks crazy aero!

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TiCass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good catch.

TiCass wrote:
Tom Dumoulin is clearly using today the version with two separate extensions. Maybe a slight tilt too!?
Also, he looks crazy aero!

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like something is electrical taped behind his mono-riser.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
what's wrong / slow about the new P5d bars?

You'll see a couple of bikes this year come out with next gen bars. Not PD, I've been sitting on a next gen design for over a year but other things have come up that require a change to the design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so i am trying to convince myself i need a new bike.... BUT do I?

I have an existing p5 (one of the first ones ever sold) with 10 speed di2. Am i going to go faster? More comfortable? I do mainly hilly races so i like the idea that the new version is lighter, actually stops when i need it to, and is stiffer. BUT realistically do i need a new bike (thats what my wife will say) (and i am not a dentist...)?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you expound on this in terms of aerodynamics and UCI legal construction requirements?

cyclenutnz wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
what's wrong / slow about the new P5d bars?

You'll see a couple of bikes this year come out with next gen bars. Not PD, I've been sitting on a next gen design for over a year but other things have come up that require a change to the design.

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:

Looks like the junction box. I I imagine that the EX10 mount allows tilt and universal extensions, but no cavity for the junction box. Screenshot from a video from Cervelo's YouTube.

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Mar 13, 19 13:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought so. the tilted version of their bar does not have room for the junction box apparently.

TriRig wrote:
doublea334 wrote:

Looks like the junction box. Screenshot from a video from Cervelo's YouTube.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
can you expound on this in terms of aerodynamics and UCI legal construction requirements?

Better and permitted
;-)
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m doubtful... unless it’s a complete sea change

cyclenutnz wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Better and permitted
;-)

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triracerboy wrote:
so i am trying to convince myself i need a new bike.... BUT do I?

I have an existing p5 (one of the first ones ever sold) with 10 speed di2. Am i going to go faster? More comfortable? I do mainly hilly races so i like the idea that the new version is lighter, actually stops when i need it to, and is stiffer. BUT realistically do i need a new bike (thats what my wife will say) (and i am not a dentist...)?

there are two great reasons to get a new bike:

1. because you need one.
2. because you want one.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Triathlete mag article references something coming in a week, maybe tilted bars. Plus something else coming on March 21

https://www.triathlete.com/2019/03/news/cervelo-reveals-new-p5-disc-bike_359886

"...While the included aerobars don’t have any rotational adjustment to raise or lower the aero hand position, there might be another front end released soon (teaser!) to satisfy that need.....Also be sure to bring your eyeballs back here on March 21 for our inside coverage of another exciting release from the Canadian bike brand..."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am sorry to come with a totally new bike - and miss a place for di2 junction box or ssram blip - with the cervelo answer being - you can put it into the small bento - thats bit....weird.

so either you have space for junction box or you need to tape it ... think cervelo dropped a ball here
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://oi64.tinypic.com/2lcbwa0.jpg

This is photo from earlier in thread with new bar end Di2 junction box built in riser
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats the current version with no tilt and limited adjustment - the new options as teased by Slowman seems that dont have a place for junction box .
Last edited by: R2: Mar 13, 19 18:16
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok sorry missed that
And if they didn’t engineer that same feature in the tilt version then that is just dumb
Last edited by: drgwood: Mar 13, 19 18:24
Quote Reply

Prev Next