Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
Thorax wrote:
I don't get Cervelo's marketing strategy.

Which marketing strategy?

Probably the strategy of releasing pictures of this bike with someone "significant" on top of it.

Humm.... Dumoulin, that is the one !
Dumoulin on it, with his TT world champion jersey..... oh shit.... so ... with his ..... new team jersey....

When is the team presentation.... quick !
Already done in Berlin last week......eeuuuh..... this is not a problem, I have another idea... (stay tuned)
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Jan 9, 19 5:39
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
Thorax wrote:

Yes, should have added "or rather lack thereof."
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:
Thorax wrote:

Yes, should have added "or rather lack thereof."

;D

Any first estimates when we could get some pictures?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They haven't launched or announced a bike yet and you guys are critiquing/criticizing the marketing strategy...classic.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [justridingalong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kidding...I’m starting rumors today about a new Trek bike and then everyone can complaint when the bike doesn’t hit the market in the next 6 months
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But they have launched the bike - Its on the B2B site. We are a dealer and being told to pre-order ("hurry up they are selling fast") with no images, geo info etc
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
No kidding...I’m starting rumors today about a new Trek bike and then everyone can complaint when the bike doesn’t hit the market in the next 6 months

Maybe we should pint out that nobody criticized the bike but the way Cervelo marketing has changed within the past years.
I felt actually a bit bad for the dealers since they got various information from Cervelo about any release of a new bike.
Still I hope that the bike is going to be awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [bespoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bespoke wrote:
But they have launched the bike - Its on the B2B site. We are a dealer and being told to pre-order ("hurry up they are selling fast") with no images, geo info etc

I'm not an industry guy, but that doesn't sound like a launch. It just sounds like they want it immediately available upon launch.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Xavierfano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you able to look at any geometry charts to determine which size would be best for you?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
In general, I’m kind of surprised companies are spending a lot of money and time designing, testing, creating new molds etc. Given that we’re at peak aero, it doesn’t make a ton of sense to pick a 10k bike vs a 3k one for most people. Add that to what had been, in general, a stagnant triathlon market. It just doesn’t seem that lucrative to spend all those resources to develop these new 5 figure bikes

I think I’d go the route of Trek. Continue to just put out the same solid bike you have been. If the tri market starts an upswing or if > say 75% of buyers start wanting discs then make the move which would be after all the growing pains of that shift have passed.

In reality it does not cost that much as we are told to believe, yes it probably cost a lot on the paper for tax purposes, but in reality...salary of few guys that are already employed and working for X company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justridingalong wrote:
They haven't launched or announced a bike yet and you guys are critiquing/criticizing the marketing strategy...classic.
They've sure as hell accepted orders on it and presented it to dealers/reps. And the season is upon us and we'll see Dumoulin and his guys on that bike.
OTOH, no hype build whatsoever.
So yeah, I don't get it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
justridingalong wrote:

They've sure as hell accepted orders on it and presented it to dealers/reps. And the season is upon us and we'll see Dumoulin and his guys on that bike.
OTOH, no hype build whatsoever.
So yeah, I don't get it.
I'm a dealer. I haven't seen anything. I haven't been solicited for an order. It's not on my B2B.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Last edited by: trentnix: Jan 9, 19 9:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justridingalong wrote:

And they are selling a bike wich is not launched or announced... classic

I very frequently buy bikes, cars, watches, computers, phones... not yet launched, without seeing any pictures or spec... very frequently.... classic

But OK, if they can sell without launching or announcing, it is a proof the brand is strong.
They also removed support to McNamee in 2018, the one getting on the podium of Kona with a no brand bike (all black P5X). Proof of strength !?

Cervelo is a strong brand. OK.
But selling a product before launching or announcing is not usual. Probably good reasons.

Not decided yet the product strategy ? Product positioning ?
Missing nice pictures ?
Want to announce a complete TT / Tri range, and one of them not yet ready ?
Waiting for a pro signature ?
Lost the key of the Marketing office ?
Lost the USB with all nice pictures ?
Waiting for Brownlee signature ?
Dumoulin annoucing HR attempt on the P5 between Giro and TdF (pink) ?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P5 Disc is on professionnal b2b Europe until 2 weeks
We are waiting for 5 P5 end of january 😉

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [AnthonyParis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pictures ?
Geo ?
Sizing charts ?
Hydration / food / repair integration ?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing that i can share
No
48 51 54 56 58
Yes yes no

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [AnthonyParis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to see how it comes out. Cervelo's fortunately, or unfortunately have been the only bikes I have known and really liked them. Love my p5 now but those darn magura brakes will be the death of me...LOL. May be time for upgrade LOL

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11645943 https://www.instagram.com/timeforicecream/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [DylanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t understand all the Magura bashing on this forum. Those brakes have been the absolute greatest that I have ever used.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x3!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
I don’t understand all the Magura bashing on this forum. Those brakes have been the absolute greatest that I have ever used.

I have the Magura brakes. They work great (braking) and bleeding them is about as easy as it can get on a hydraulic system.

However, ....

they're a pain in the ass if you ever need to swap them out. I mean, who in their right mind constructed the handlebar compression plug with those tiny pieces that easily fall out (and a flimsy c-ring to hold them in place.

The hose is different from other hydraulic hoses that I've come across from Shimano, SRAM, and even Magura's MTB brakes. Why can't they just make use of readily available, standard hose.

Speaking of the hose... Have you ever tried to insert the 'barbed' fitting into the hose (the one that inserts into the brake lever)? It's a nightmare. Why can they just used the same fitting at both ends of the hose.

In conclusion. It's a great brake with a few aggravating flaws.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Magura brake have failed, started to leak. Replaced both sides and have lost confidence in them. Want to buy a new set, not going to happen since they are discontinued. Have to buy used sets and high prices. That is my problem.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've heard the T5 (GB) is a couple weeks out from the official release, I guess we will just have to keep waiting. :/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh god that looks so clean. In my opinion p5 looks are still top behind only maybe the speedmax and this one is looking to keep that trend going.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply

Prev Next