Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This picture looks like something an (admittedly artistic) child drew.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the 16cm box if using a horizontal top tube and associated fillets
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meh...

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah....I'm just not that excited about it.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me neither at the moment, to be honest. Probably staying on my P5R (P5 Rim Brake). But I *am* looking forward to my competitors slapping on some nice discs ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with you but also I think it must be quite hard at the moment for the bike companies to design any good bike.
If it is too much away from what people are used too than it is too extreme like the Shiv disc or the P5X.
And if it is too close to what we are used to it might end up looking boring.

The only update I wanted the P5 to have is disc brakes and an integrated stem.
Now the P5 Disc seems to fulfill these dreams but still...

Anyhow lets see what the final result will look like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know I used to post on here about how much I liked the P5-X but honestly my opinion changed. I really like the Shiv and the design of it. I think a lot of people here need to have an open mind and quit being so stuck on what a bike is "supposed" to look like.

I just don't get excited about Cervelo anymore.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the best clip but something:

https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=19e0b4q0baobm
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know that people are underwhelmed but it's probably going to be fast. I love the simplicity. We seem to want complex but then complex comes and it's TOO complex. Nice find - thanks!

PS, what's more likely for TT world champ this year - Dumoulin on this bike or Dennis on the Meridia? :)

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Last edited by: dfru: Jan 31, 19 8:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So in all seriousness, what were you expecting from this bike?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [justridingalong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it would have been perfect if they had included some sort of integrated draft/storage box. That said, maybe they are and we just haven't seen a pic of it yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
The only update I wanted the P5 to have is disc brakes and an integrated stem.

It must be people like you are driving the development of these crap bikes... ;)

I think the P5X looks awesome. If you are a triathlete and want disc brakes and an integrated stem, then why not that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
and quit being so stuck on what a bike is "supposed" to look like.

Do you see any irony to your posting a subjective response of "meh" to a handful of not-that-great pictures and afaik zero published specs much less a whitepaper or independent testing and then you're lecturing people about being stuck on looks?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2. If I compartmentalize my thoughts on disc brakes into a special safe space, I like the apparent simplicity and elegance. (Going purely by looks!) I also like that Cervelo (apparently) dedicating resources to two distinct lines: TT bikes and Tri bikes. Vs. some manufacturers trying to be all things to all people. Trek, Canyon and others to a fantatsic job of being all things to all people with their high-end TT-like bikes, but I also appreciate a pure TT bike with no gee-gaws, boxes and little doors.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
PS, what's more likely for TT world champ this year - Dumoulin on this bike or Dennis on the Merida? :)

I think they will both be slower, and someone else will win ;) Dennis had some issues at Aus Nationals, but I don't think the bike was to blame.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
dfru wrote:
PS, what's more likely for TT world champ this year - Dumoulin on this bike or Dennis on the Merida? :)

I think they will both be slower, and someone else will win ;) Dennis had some issues at Aus Nationals, but I don't think the bike was to blame.

I agree. I love both riders, but Dennis is handicapped on his bike and with his Rudy aero turd. I see Froome, Thomas, Campanaerts or maybe Roglic winning the TT world champs this year.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, Froome and Thomas will be on home ground so they will surely take it seriously this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P5 frame with disc brakes and a speed concept front end. Wonder if they will have a “mono plug” like Trek

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. I like that Cervelo kept the P5 as a pure TT UCI race machine.
The Tri focused lineup will probably be the P5X (and maybe the P3X).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah it would be WAY better if it had couple pieces of $10 rubber attached and charged you $2,500 more for an “integrated” set up
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TiCass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiCass wrote:
Same here. I like that Cervelo kept the P5 as a pure TT UCI race machine.
The Tri focused lineup will probably be the P5X (and maybe the P3X).

I doubt the P5-X will continue to be made after this year. The P5 disc brake sales will take away a lot of sales of the P5-X.

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polo_1272 wrote:
Not the best clip but something:

https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=19e0b4q0baobm

Seat's too high.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
I think it would have been perfect if they had included some sort of integrated draft/storage box. That said, maybe they are and we just haven't seen a pic of it yet.

Maybe "we" didn´t look closely enogh but to me this looks like an integrated storage on the tt and some simple hydration bottle on the dt.
Am I wrong?
:D

Quote Reply

Prev Next