Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I guess this isn't happening today??

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Dealer said that Cervelo had not enough Shimano Parts so they changed the launched!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [HappyWeirdo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Epic fail. Kind of like that 140.6 launch

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HappyWeirdo wrote:
My Dealer said that Cervelo had not enough Shimano Parts so they changed the launched!

Really? I just came in the store today when my partner got off the phone with Cervelo and he told me that they now say that the 15th was the earliest possible release date. But the European Cervelo Salesmen also didn't know why it didnt happen. But Cervelo Europe still claims that they would start shipping the bike within January? sounds like a tough timeline. Lets see
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HappyWeirdo wrote:

Lol how can they be so bad at this. Every single time they release their top of the line tri bike this happens.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you really think They have different Release Dates?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [AnthonyParis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AnthonyParis wrote:
Thursday 15th November...

I was wondering if they gave any information to the shops in France... any news?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HappyWeirdo wrote:
Do you really think They have different Release Dates?
No, it would be the same release date. I just wanted to clarify who I talked to :)
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Is it though? They haven’t advertised anything to the public. A few random people have been claiming different dates. They’ve got us talking about a bike that has no published timeline.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
HappyWeirdo wrote:

Lol how can they be so bad at this. Every single time they release their top of the line tri bike this happens.

Any time I hear of a new Cervelo bike I add 1-3 months to the release time line

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Is it though? They haven’t advertised anything to the public.

But rhey advertised the 15th as launch date to all deales I know off in Europe. I think that comes close. But I for sure you cant blame them since they can release their bike whenever they want. But I still think that this procedure is quite annoying...

:/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What does Shimano part availability have to do with a marketing launch. They don't have to say when it will ship in the launch (other than early '19 for example)...Seems they are risking losing people to buy other bikes as they fumble around with this launch....

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personnaly saw the P5 Disc in Germany on August.
Then my cervelo agent told me kona présentation.
Nothing
Then 15th November
Nothing
Now begining of december.
As you can see it s complicated 😅

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure these changes are a big deal... apart from usual forum frustration.

For me, a bigger problem for Cervelo is the lack of high profile triathete on these bikes. Not talking about physical capacities, but about image.
Van Lierde is getting old.
McNamee not known.

On the road side, happily there is Dumoulin :-)
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Not sure these changes are a big deal... apart from usual forum frustration.

For me, a bigger problem for Cervelo is the lack of high profile triathete on these bikes. Not talking about physical capacities, but about image.
Van Lierde is getting old.
McNamee not known.

On the road side, happily there is Dumoulin :-)

Judging by McNamee's bike, he's not even sponsored by them, his logos were all covered at Kona this year. Here's the current roster of athletes according to their website... Tim Rea and Jake Montgomery also ride the bike, but those could be regional sponsorships or some other type of arrangement? Either way, I'd agree, though probably great people, and talented athletes, nobody on that list is moving the needle.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Move what needle? They’re still destroying the bike count at KONA every year. They lost some bikes this year but there also have been quite a few new bikes enter the market.

Cervelo has had data for forever on cost of sponsorship and how much it increases sales. My guess is having Lionel on a bike would have little effect on the bottom line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Move what needle? They’re still destroying the bike count at KONA every year. They lost some bikes this year but there also have been quite a few new bikes enter the market.

Cervelo has had data for forever on cost of sponsorship and how much it increases sales. My guess is having Lionel on a bike would have little effect on the bottom line.

Umm no.

They win every year because the same people year after year keep coming back and riding their Cervelos. If you really want to see who is winning the bike count, see who the first timers are and how long they have had their bikes.

Last edited by: BryanD: Nov 16, 18 12:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:

Well, regarding Kona bike count, with current trend, Canyon will equal Cervelo in 4 to 5 years.
Or faster if we take into account the current lack of presence of Canyon in North America, now changing.
So, maybe a little efficient marketing traction could be useful at some point ?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this sounds more like a lesson in “don’t believe everything you read on the internet” than some sort of company fail.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 16, 18 12:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:

This is not to throw shade since they're all tremendous athletes, and as far as I know, good people as well, but... any needle? (In North America?)

I don't have any info, but as far as Lionel goes, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't even in on the list. Canyon, either disagrees with the math on how someone like Lionel affects the bottom line, or they had a bit of leverage over Lionel based on his consult with the results and got a "good deal". Either way, what Lionel has been been able to do with Talbot in 6 months in terms of content is pretty great... now he'll have at least Talbot and presumably some additional resources with the team at Canyon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AnthonyParis wrote:
I personnaly saw the P5 Disc in Germany on August.
Then my cervelo agent told me kona présentation.
Nothing
Then 15th November
Nothing
Now begining of december.
As you can see it s complicated 😅

Any news ?
Planned date ?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Latest I heard through Cervelo is 15 dec.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
this sounds more like a lesson in “don’t believe everything you read on the internet” than some sort of company fail.
This.

Peope saying this is an epic Cervelo fail don’t seem to factor in Cervelo have not said a word publicly they’re releasing anything.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stopped in at a LBS - they said Cervelo is not providing any real details yet on the P5 Disc and they are thinking it won't be available for purchase or delivery any time soon. Has anyone heard differently?

So I'm considering buying the '19 BMC Timemachine 01 Disc Frameset as it fits my Pad Stack and Reach numbers well. What are peoples thoughts on the BMC TM01 Disc?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BRGUST65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stopped by my LBS about two weeks ago. Same reaction on P5 Disc but interestingly, at the beginning he thought I was talking about P3X or P3 Disc, so he gave away it will be coming out early next year.

I asked about the BMC Disc as well and he said he had some issues with delivery From BMC not to mention that fit for me might not be great as I am quite short in reg to legs. Good advice though.

I currently ride a P2 size 51 and goes great so holding on for the new P3. Other option would be the CUBE Aerium C-68 that Andi Boecherer rides that will also come out with discs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next