Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$8k is cheaper
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So from what I can tell when all is said and done, basically the new P3x cockpit will fit the P5.

If i've understood correctly (?!) the P3x cockpit has a flippable basebar (does anyone know by how much the height changes between the standard P5 basebar?) and 5Β° increments on tilt up to 15Β°.

It also allows a further range on pad reach - standard P5 basebar is +0 to +45mm whereas the P3x will allow up to +80mm. I notice the cervelo sizing calculator tool thing only considers the standard basebar, and not the additional possibilities from the P3x version.

Finally, maybe I missed them, but does anyone have any pics of the di2 integration (or lack of) on the P3x basebar?
Last edited by: Polo_1272: Mar 21, 19 11:04
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
end of 2018 I buy a P5X! And i feel pissed, because now Cervelo brings a much lighter and better p3x! They already know at the end of the year that there will be a p3x! That’s not the way to handle with customers!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [HappyWeirdo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HappyWeirdo wrote:
end of 2018 I buy a P5X! And i feel pissed, because now Cervelo brings a much lighter and better p3x! They already know at the end of the year that there will be a p3x! That’s not the way to handle with customers!

1. The P5x is still faster, according to Cervelo
2. That is exactly how to handle customers. If companies told you to keep waiting, they would lose sales.
3. Did you buy from Cervelo directly? Because your dealer probably didn't know about the P3x
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why are we talking about the P3X in the P5 thread?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:

Because the P3x bar is the β€˜answer’ to the missing adjustability of the standard P5 bar. Cervelo themselves openly describe it as an option for both.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
HappyWeirdo wrote:

1. The P5x is still faster, according to Cervelo
2. That is exactly how to handle customers. If companies told you to keep waiting, they would lose sales.
3. Did you buy from Cervelo directly? Because your dealer probably didn't know about the P3x

All Dealers know since month that there’s will be another frame with unconventional looking!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polo_1272 wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:

Because the P3x bar is the β€˜answer’ to the missing adjustability of the standard P5 bar. Cervelo themselves openly describe it as an option for both.

im referring to the discussions about the bike not around the front end swappability.

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
Polo_1272 wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:

im referring to the discussions about the bike not around the front end swappability.

Thats so silly!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Slowman, I have a quick question for you!

I'm about to buy a new triathlon bike and i'm deciding between the new CervΓ©lo P5 Disc and the BMC TimeMachine 01 Disc.
Which of both do you think is best?
I really like the CervΓ©lo with the standard bento box and drinking bottle but the BMC has rear storage box. There are no details about total weight of the BMC, nor about the aerodynomics.

What is your opinion? Which do you think would be "best"?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [kdl2493] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdl2493 wrote:
Hey Slowman, I have a quick question for you!

I'm about to buy a new triathlon bike and i'm deciding between the new CervΓ©lo P5 Disc and the BMC TimeMachine 01 Disc.
Which of both do you think is best?
I really like the CervΓ©lo with the standard bento box and drinking bottle but the BMC has rear storage box. There are no details about total weight of the BMC, nor about the aerodynomics.

What is your opinion? Which do you think would be "best"?

i think cervelo has a bigger commitment to tri. and i like the P5 disc a lot. were it me, no question it would be the cervelo, because of everything about the front end: i like the pads and aerobars, the easy adjustments, and it's got a fair bit of storage anyhow. the only thing this bike is missing, in my opinion, is:

1. it needs a pad extender. were i to buy this bike i'd probably not need it, but, if my shoulders were wider i'd built it in my workshop. it would be an easy build.

2. it needs another down tube bottle made, the second one dedicated to storage. i can use the hydration bottle for storage. modify it for storage. for flats/spares. that's what i'd use that for. but i'd prefer if it were a bottle made for the purpose.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HappyWeirdo wrote:

i can understand your disappointment, but let me give you a couple of things to consider.

1. the P3X has not yet been sold to the first customer. we don't know what we don't know about this bike. new mold. new factory. new engineering. i rode it. it's great. but i basically took it in a date. the P5X has been around for 30 months. anything that was wrong with that bike got recognized and fixed before you bought it.

2. do you want a jaguar built in england? or do you want a jaguar built in india? the P5X was a very special case. you own a piece of history. there was some storage taken out of the down tube storage area. it was replaced by a nacelle. look here and you can see the difference in the frame, down at the down tube. i love this new P3X. but i'm rather fond of how the old design was handled down there.

3. that old design was, marginally, faster than the new.

4. part of the reason the whole system is lighter is the whole system is marginally less user-friendly. particularly in the 2pc pursuit bar. boy did i love that! i felt the one step big backward between the P5X and the P3X was that ENVE-made pursuit bar.

5. not to put too fine a point on it, but i saw your bike being made. i was in the factory in minnesota. there was care given to those frames, by an american work force, who all rode bikes, and who knew what they were making, knew how it would be ridden, by whom, and where, and for what purpose. there's a lot of soul in that bike. and a lot more than just that, if you know the whole story.

there's a lot to be proud of if you own an original P5X.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a dealer and I only found out a few days ago and did not have any specifics until the bike was released to the public.

Brian Jacobson
Fit2Ride Velo Studio
http://www.fit2ridevelo.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
HappyWeirdo wrote:

i can understand your disappointment, but let me give you a couple of things to consider.

1. the P3X has not yet been sold to the first customer. we don't know what we don't know about this bike. new mold. new factory. new engineering. i rode it. it's great. but i basically took it in a date. the P5X has been around for 30 months. anything that was wrong with that bike got recognized and fixed before you bought it.

2. do you want a jaguar built in england? or do you want a jaguar built in india? the P5X was a very special case. you own a piece of history. there was some storage taken out of the down tube storage area. it was replaced by a nacelle. look here and you can see the difference in the frame, down at the down tube. i love this new P3X. but i'm rather fond of how the old design was handled down there.

4. part of the reason the whole system is lighter is the whole system is marginally less user-friendly. particularly in the 2pc pursuit bar. boy did i love that! i felt the one step big backward between the P5X and the P3X was that ENVE-made pursuit bar.

5. not to put too fine a point on it, but i saw your bike being made. i was in the factory in minnesota. there was care given to those frames, by an american work force, who all rode bikes, and who knew what they were making, knew how it would be ridden, by whom, and where, and for what purpose. there's a lot of soul in that bike. and a lot more than just that, if you know the whole story.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
You saved my evening! If you dont where a dealer!You have to! ( sorry for my bad English!)
πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HappyWeirdo wrote:
Slowman wrote:
HappyWeirdo wrote:

You saved my evening! If you dont where a dealer!You have to! ( sorry for my bad English!)
πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

by the way, i just found out something in the last 15 minutes that's going to make you feel even better about your P5X. but i can't write about it quite yet. nothing wrong with or bad about the P3X. just something a little extra special about the P5X.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
HappyWeirdo wrote:
Slowman wrote:
HappyWeirdo wrote:

by the way, i just found out something in the last 15 minutes that's going to make you feel even better about your P5X. but i can't write about it quite yet. nothing wrong with or bad about the P3X. just something a little extra special about the P5X.

schnabelmario@gmail.com

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

you've officially turned into the king of cliffhangers.

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here it is in person. I like it better than the "today's released" P3X. Got to see both up close & the P5D just seems more to my liking.

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seeing if anyone has any thoughts on the following:
1. If running SRAM 1x would the blip box need to go into the bento or could it be hidden somewhere else in the frame
2. It seems like they missed an opportunity to add a speed box similar to what the px series has. This is simple unless each size frame would require a different size box then I understand it’s not so simple but would have been a great addition for flat repair while still allowing the use of a bottle. Cutting out the aero bottle seems a bit of an oversight on their part.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [independent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then this probably wouldn’t be uci complient and also takes away what the p5x is. Totally get your point and that would be awesome but also the fact that CervΓ©lo has β€œtwo” essentially triathlon models (p series And PX series) is pretty cool.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11645943 https://www.instagram.com/timeforicecream/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [DylanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s a beatutiful bike and I love the addition but feel they could have easily added this as an option over the aero bottle which you have plenty of after market options for with similar watt savings. The speed box is very specific to the frame and therefor we will probably see no options unless Cervelo provides them - see the previous version of the p5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Integrated hydration up front is my beef with current Cervelo, and a bunch of other manufacturers.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
independent wrote:
It’s a beatutiful bike and I love the addition but feel they could have easily added this as an option over the aero bottle which you have plenty of after market options for with similar watt savings. The speed box is very specific to the frame and therefor we will probably see no options unless Cervelo provides them - see the previous version of the p5.

I think it wouldn't have been as easy as you think. It might have been easier with the old P5/3/2 above the bottom bracket but the narrow airfoils that Cervelo uses here are different than the P5x which has more of a squared off finish.

I think they should make a simple bottle shaped flat kit and call it good - I think the people who want more with them on race day should probably just race the P5x. Making the flat storage with bottle on top would make a mess out of a very narrow bike I would assume.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman, So . . . I've been waiting. I love my P5 but 6 years is the longest I have ever been on one bike . . . I've got the itch! The question is, now that it is out, P5 disc or P5X???? Assume price is no object.
hold your horses for a week or two. then ask me that question.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
-------------------------------------------------
So . . . ? I'm thinking P5d. I LOVE my P5. I'd love your insight. Happy to go offline if you prefer. You measured me at 640/470. I could possibly go down a tad, but hard to experiment on the P5. FYI, my fit is from John Cobb from 1992. The z on my pads are 20 cm, center to center, and 30 cm outside to outside. My P5 bars are fine. I typically have a top age group bike split including IM events and Challenge events. As a bonus, I also like the aesthetics of the Team Sunweb version. Thoughts?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Slowman, So . . . I've been waiting. I love my P5 but 6 years is the longest I have ever been on one bike . . . I've got the itch! The question is, now that it is out, P5 disc or P5X???? Assume price is no object.
hold your horses for a week or two. then ask me that question.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
-------------------------------------------------
So . . . ? I'm thinking P5d. I LOVE my P5. I'd love your insight. Happy to go offline if you prefer. You measured me at 640/470. I could possibly go down a tad, but hard to experiment on the P5. FYI, my fit is from John Cobb from 1992. The z on my pads are 20 cm, center to center, and 30 cm outside to outside. My P5 bars are fine. I typically have a top age group bike split including IM events and Challenge events. As a bonus, I also like the aesthetics of the Team Sunweb version. Thoughts?

i think the P5 it is. you don't need pad with beyond what the stock aerobars offer. if they're not angled up, then a stock P5, size 56.

just, i needed you to see the P3X, and the front end on the P3X, which is also a P5 option. ben hoffman has both bikes, and he'll ride the P3X in IM SA, but with his P5X front end. which i'll explain in an article. why you'd want a P3X is if you needed the storage. but if you don't need anything beyond what you currently have with your old P5, the new P5 gives you storage beyond what you now have. so, you decision's made.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next