Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did that picture came from?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:
The only update I wanted the P5 to have is disc brakes and an integrated stem.

It must be people like you are driving the development of these crap bikes... ;)

Yep, that sounds like me :D. I would also like to apologize officially to Cervelo for being a horrible customer. After being a loyal Cervelo groupie for many years I found the P5X to heavy and the P5D to boring and went to Specialized.
Sorry for that.

But again. I think it is very good to see that triathlon bikes become thing now instead of being TT´s with some 3rd vendor bento boxes attached to it. We should appreciate that large companies can finally make a dime with our sport. Its definately a win win. But I guess it must be weird for Cervelo, S-Works and Co. that they come to the World of triathlon to give the athletes the bike that they need and the triathlete community only replies: "mehhh..."
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ARA18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ARA18 wrote:

;DDDDD
Want more?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha of course!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
ARA18 wrote:

;DDDDD
Want more?

That Picture is motnh old. And is on the First or Second site of this thread!
There is another one! Upload that picture dont work!
Last edited by: HappyWeirdo: Jan 31, 19 13:09
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
You're never going to see a cervelo pro on anything but the v stem

I would also think so. But we also know the V-Cockpit of the current BMC. I have actually never seen anyone using it. Especially not the pros. All athletes that I know are going for the flat TT cockpit that comes only with the frameset.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [HappyWeirdo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HappyWeirdo wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:
ARA18 wrote:

;DDDDD
Want more?
That Picture is motnh old. And is on the First or Second site of this treat!
There is another one!

I know, I’ve seen another one similar before but wanted to know how close to reality these are compared to what we are seeing from sunweb one.

I can’t wait to get the new P5, have a P2 now but want that upgrade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:

Yep, that sounds like me :D. I would also like to apologize officially to Cervelo for being a horrible customer. After being a loyal Cervelo groupie for many years I found the P5X to heavy and the P5D to boring and went to Specialized.
Sorry for that.

But again. I think it is very good to see that triathlon bikes become thing now instead of being TT´s with some 3rd vendor bento boxes attached to it. We should appreciate that large companies can finally make a dime with our sport. Its definately a win win. But I guess it must be weird for Cervelo, S-Works and Co. that they come to the World of triathlon to give the athletes the bike that they need and the triathlete community only replies: "mehhh..."
Well, the P5 Disc Brake is a Time Trial UCI bike. Triathletes are just used to UCI bikes and putting third party stuff all over them. I said mehhhh....because it's just another UCI bike.

I get that it's fast. I just think Cervelo should have made a more tri specific bike like the P5 Disc brake instead of the P5-X. The P5-X is too heavy and impractical.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:

I get that it's fast. I just think Cervelo should have made a more tri specific bike like the P5 Disc brake instead of the P5-X. The P5-X is too heavy and impractical.

I totally agree
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The v-riser on the BMC is designed with the upright age grouper position in mind. Of course the pros aren't going to use it. The v-stem on the s5 on the other hand is the flagship innovation of the bike. No way cervelo lets any rider use anything else.

As a side note, i don't really have strong feeling about disc vs rim brakes, but if cervelo releases this bike at a reasonable price and i can fit a bta bottle I'm very tempted. My flat kit is a part of my bottle mount behind my seat, so i don't really need any other storage. Looking forward to more details
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
The P5-X is too heavy and impractical.

I'd argue that outside of cost, the P5-X is the most practical high-end tri bike there is. Easy to ship. Easy to adjust position. Easy to maintain. Easy to carry food and hydration without a bunch of after-market fiddling.

And weight doesn't really matter for 95% of triathlons.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the tall ski bends at least

MTM wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
The v-riser on the BMC is designed with the upright age grouper position in mind. Of course the pros aren't going to use it. The v-stem on the s5 on the other hand is the flagship innovation of the bike. No way cervelo lets any rider use anything else.

As a side note, i don't really have strong feeling about disc vs rim brakes, but if cervelo releases this bike at a reasonable price and i can fit a bta bottle I'm very tempted. My flat kit is a part of my bottle mount behind my seat, so i don't really need any other storage. Looking forward to more details

I dunno, EF systemsix are on vision gear, and that's a similar bike.

Also definitely agree regarding storage, what more do you need? I'm not bike packing!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [kriss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar in the sense that it’s a very aero bike with disc brakes, but very different cockpit.

The CDale was designed to accept most stem/handlebars. But the S5 disc runs a very proprietary stem/bar.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a standard stem adapter for the S5 though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My point is that the uniqueness in the s5 is the proprietary stem. Cervelo isn't going to let their pro cyclists run anything else. Plus the standard stem adapter looks super dumb. That being aside, they made it adjustable enough that i don't think they'll have too many issues as is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, I hadn’t seen that. Nice of Cervelo to give people the option.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
BryanD wrote:
The P5-X is too heavy and impractical.

I'd argue that outside of cost, the P5-X is the most practical high-end tri bike there is.

oh, right that little detail
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
P5 frame with disc brakes and a speed concept front end. Wonder if they will have a “mono plug” like Trek

I hope so. That honestly should have been the only extension Trek offered. Not that the others are "bad" by any means but it would have saved them several moulds and given SC owners more customization options by default instead of having to fork out $250 for the mono plug.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
I think it would have been perfect if they had included some sort of integrated draft/storage box. That said, maybe they are and we just haven't seen a pic of it yet.

Maybe "we" didn´t look closely enogh but to me this looks like an integrated storage on the tt and some simple hydration bottle on the dt.
Am I wrong?
:D

IF this was an "official" Cervelo pic, then it looks like what AnthonyParis "described", with removable containers.

Of course questions arise (what a forum made for ?) :

1) main part of top tube container reusable on a P3 ?
2) handle food AND repair ?
3) bottle volume ?
4) how to refill bottle ?
5) bottle re-usable on P3 ?

And happy to see the P5 as UCI TT / Tri compatible, with simple and clear TT design, plus adds-on for Tri (final version TBA :-)

Clearly Specialized made a different choice (not saying right or wrong, just different), with the big water trunk behind seat tube. Probably very efficient aerodynamically. Did they announced Shiv TT version ?

Can't wait to see P3X, and P3 Disk with hopefully same design as P5 Disk except standard fork and stem

IMO it is a turning point for Cervelo, with competition from Canyon now in US market. We will see what happen with their Kona count in the next 2 years with these new models.
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Feb 1, 19 1:42
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
I think it would have been perfect if they had included some sort of integrated draft/storage box. That said, maybe they are and we just haven't seen a pic of it yet.

Maybe "we" didn´t look closely enogh but to me this looks like an integrated storage on the tt and some simple hydration bottle on the dt.
Am I wrong?
:D

IF this was an "official" Cervelo pic, then it looks like what AnthonyParis "described", with removable containers.

Of course questions arise (what a forum made for ?) :

1) main part of top tube container reusable on a P3 ?
2) handle food AND repair ?
3) bottle volume ?
4) how to refill bottle ?
5) bottle re-usable on P3 ?

And happy to see the P5 as UCI TT / Tri compatible, with simple and clear TT design, plus adds-on for Tri (final version TBA :-)

Clearly Specialized made a different choice (not saying right or wrong, just different), with the big water trunk behind seat tube. Probably very efficient aerodynamically. Did they announced Shiv TT version ?

Can't wait to see P3X, and P3 Disk with hopefully same design as P5 Disk except standard fork and stem

IMO it is a turning point for Cervelo, with competition from Canyon now in US market. We will see what happen with their Kona count in the next 2 years with these new models.

There will ne no P3X! Even its not sure if Cervelo Build more P5X! The Production is to complicated and they don’t get much Money out of it! Cervelo Germany told me, that all 2019 P5X are sold or reserved for Dealers. I want to buy one, but I „only“ get a 2018 one. And they altough told me that is not even clear if they build more frames.
And, yes, the bike Looks Strange on Pictures, but when you see the bike in real its a beauty! And there is no Bike which is better for Tri! And when I make a second Triahlon like Alp Huez, I used my Racing Bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So from what I have seen so far the Sunweb Version of the P5 Disc would approx look like this:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent photoshop skills or...? ;)

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice

and with Tri adds on :-) ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
So from what I have seen so far the Sunweb Version of the P5 Disc would approx look like this:

Nice photoshop !
But you use the P5X bar and P5 disc have a new base bar.
A clue ?
[URL=https://www.casimages.com/...41625327389.jpg.html][/url]

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Last edited by: AnthonyParis: Feb 1, 19 7:12
Quote Reply

Prev Next