Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [DylanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DylanD wrote:
The sun web version is UCI complient whereas if the triathlon one may have hydration or storage (don’t know). So possibly be a bit different?

Could just be add-ons like the Pinarello
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Cervelo adding storage to their TT specific bikes? Lol no. This will be the same old Cervelo bike. If you want storage get the P5-X

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just speculating. So no tri storage or deep fork for the P5 disc? Wouldn't be a big deal for them to add storage similar to the Pinarello
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Jan 26, 19 19:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You weren't kidding about the slow tease....lol

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course not! ;p

Seeing if I can keep this up until they announce the thing - which is tricky, since I don't know when that might be...
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
DylanD wrote:
The sun web version is UCI complient whereas if the triathlon one may have hydration or storage (don’t know). So possibly be a bit different?

AnthonyParis (reseller) mentionned food and hydration integrated storage from the pictures he saw.

I expect (Pinarello like) adds-on for top tube (food) and above BB (hydration).

Expecting Cervelo to do something like Pinarello for a Tri bike is not a good sign for Cervelo innovation policy.... could have done these kind of adds-on for P5 or P3 years before.
P5X is nice, but not going to be the bulk of sales...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i guess one of the disc brake features you lose is ability to fine tune the distance between tire and cutout with different tire sizes, if you change tires/wheel training vs racing. something disc brakes advocates dont care about and probably too minor to worry about
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it using the P5x or T5GB cockpit? Or some unholy hybrid love child of the two?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
DylanD wrote:

AnthonyParis (reseller) mentionned food and hydration integrated storage from the pictures he saw.

I expect (Pinarello like) adds-on for top tube (food) and above BB (hydration).

Expecting Cervelo to do something like Pinarello for a Tri bike is not a good sign for Cervelo innovation policy.... could have done these kind of adds-on for P5 or P3 years before.
P5X is nice, but not going to be the bulk of sales...
[/quote

The P5X IS the innovation, the P5 is the bike they NEED to make for the UCI racing etc. We don't know that kind of products are add-on-able that might make a huge difference to our thoughts on a bike.

I assume people want the regular looking bike that cuts the mold like the P5X did but at the same time doesn't look like the P5X? This bike will be fairly normal looking - but I don't think you can say it's a step back in innovation before we find out the details. Unless you think addons are a step back...in which case Specialized did something pretty incredible innovation wise and we can get that!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Is it using the P5x or T5GB cockpit? Or some unholy hybrid love child of the two?

I haven't seen a P5X in person, but I think the cockpit looks quite similar to what I have seen in pictures of the P5X. The P5 Disc seems to add a mono bar system similar to that of the Speed Concept (I guess that means this will still be UCI legal, which is not clear from latest the UCI rule update).
Last edited by: MTM: Jan 28, 19 7:46
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I think add-on are good. Aerodynamically efficient, low weight, and removable / adjustable according to use.

Simply, surprised to have Pinarello introducing add-on (on TR / TR+) before Cervelo on a "classic looking bike".

IMO, Cervelo, as an innovative company and tri favorite (Kona stats, ...), could have done that much earlier.

I own a P3 and I'm still wandering what is the use of the third bolt above the BB :-(
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They left that bolt there hoping third party manufacturers like XLAB would make something for it. However, why would they make something for one brands bike hoping it would sell? It was a dumb decision from Cervelo.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last I checked, the P5 disc hadn't been added to the list of approved bikes (UCI). Or did I read it wrong?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It hasn't been updated since beginning of december. Probably due an update soon I'd guess
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ps just noticed that the UAE Tour has a TTT as one of the 7 stages. It starts end of Feb so if Sunweb are already testing the bike you imagine we'll see it at the latest in one month's time in UCI TT guise at least. Not sure if Sunweb are racing anywhere else before then but that's the next world tour event I think.

pps I'm more interested in what Team Sunweb will be using as a CX bike next season... any of the Cervelo dealers on here know anything? New Cervelo X series maybe? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
None that I'm aware of. Lucinda Brand won yesterday in a CX race and she was riding a non Cervelo bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Word from a Cervelo rep today in the US, is that the official announcement is in '3 weeks' time....No pictures, details or anything other than that...ugh.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn’t look very accepting of aftermarket bar and stem?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Nochainrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nochainrider wrote:
Doesn’t look very accepting of aftermarket bar and stem?

I don't think it will (easily) take an aftermarket bar and stem - doesn't look like it from what I've seen at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will a Team Sunweb version be available?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Nochainrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not 100%, but fairly certain based on discussions with someone who is testing positions on the bike that after market is a no go. I shot them a message to confirm.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Trying to determine potential lower limit of pad stack for my 5’2” wife on disc vs rim version. I can’t seem to convince her that she needs to ride 650c (even though they don’t make those anymore)
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
will a Team Sunweb version be available?

I don't know - doubt it, though (but you may scoop up one after the season is over and the team might sell some?).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I just got this.
But after all the release dates that Cervelo gave to their shops they now don´t want to give any further dates before they are 100% sure.
I didn´t get any official note on this and try not to spread any rumors but from what I was told the delay is also due to the policy of Pon Holdings. Pon apparently wants the bike also in store right after the launch and since Cervelo encountered difficulties with the delivery they simply postponed the launch date several times.
Quote Reply

Prev Next