Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Dan, the article clearly suggested there is a new price point bike also coming shortly, looking forward to seeing that. Wondering if it might be a P3 Disc, possibly with cable activated disc and a H2 (trek talk) style front end to make it more triathlon friendly.

Any teasers on what is coming ? I really like the p5D, but its completely out of my range. Loving my 2010 P3 still, just relaunch that bad boy with discs and you have a winner there!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Gilliga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A p3x has been mentioned in various places online, and someone on Reddit pointed out that a “p3x” has torque specs in the Cervélo owners manual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gilliga wrote:
Dan, the article clearly suggested there is a new price point bike also coming shortly, looking forward to seeing that. Wondering if it might be a P3 Disc, possibly with cable activated disc and a H2 (trek talk) style front end to make it more triathlon friendly.

Any teasers on what is coming ? I really like the p5D, but its completely out of my range. Loving my 2010 P3 still, just relaunch that bad boy with discs and you have a winner there!

here's what i wrote:

"That established, slightly more of you will spend under $3,500 than will spend more than $6,500. I think you’ll find that this company has plans for you all. Certainly the elitist outrage comments will follow the launch of the New P5, but I would simply say that these new bike projects are done when they’re done, and this one just happened to get done quicker than some others. I predict this will be a newsy year for Cervelo."

i don't think i wrote quite what you wrote i wrote.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I may have taken a extra step to what you wrote, anyways look forward to seeing future launches and the p5D fly around o the UCI pro tour events.

Are any Cervelo tri pro's going to use the p5D over the p5X just a personal preference?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gilliga wrote:
Are any Cervelo tri pro's going to use the p5D over the p5X just a personal preference?

would guess yes. one may be viewed more as a "70.3 bike" and the other a "140.6 bike"
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting conversation, reading between the lines.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“ I I imagine that the EX10 mount allows tilt and universal extensions, but no cavity for the junction box.“

The horror!

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gilliga wrote:

there will be some pros who're faced with a difficult decision. i'll tell you more in about a week. and i'll give you examples of those pros and we'll work through their decision making process with them.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:
A p3x has been mentioned in various places online, and someone on Reddit pointed out that a “p3x” has torque specs in the Cervélo owners manual.

Definitely a P3x on the way.

https://www.cervelo.com/.../u/s/user_manual.pdf

Pages 25 and 26

Torque specs:
Stem to carbon handlebar/basebar 5 Nm. All except S5 Disc, S3, S3 Disc, P3X & P5X
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: Mar 13, 19 19:54
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
doublea334 wrote:
Looks like something is electrical taped behind his mono-riser.

Looks like the junction box. I I imagine that the EX10 mount allows tilt and universal extensions, but no cavity for the junction box. Screenshot from a video from Cervelo's YouTube.

Or his carkeys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
jakesdk wrote:
Slowman wrote:
david wrote:
Slowman, So . . . I've been waiting. I love my P5 but 6 years is the longest I have ever been on one bike . . . I've got the itch! The question is, now that it is out, P5 disc or P5X???? Assume price is no object.

hold your horses for a week or two. then ask me that question.

Curious as to the rationale for releasing a bike, then waiting 1-2 weeks before releasing "spares" to satisfy consumer demand. I mean if you have it (they obviously have), know what consumers want (otherwise, why would they have it), why wait?

Same with extensions.. seems like you have to order what you want, in addition to what you have to buy..

Basically, inflating the actual price? or is there another rationale?

it's a little more involved than that. but it's an embargo; i have to respect it.

Cervelo (or Cervelo owner) buying a supplier (Tririg, ... ?) and proposing its TT/Tri cockpits product as alternative on its TT/Tri bikes ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6' (183cm)

Currently I'm on a 54cm P3 (2014-later model). With longer stem, to accommodate longer Tri position. Used a shorter stem for UCI position.

With current P5D set-up charts, length-wise, with my tri position, I would need a 58cm P5D. 56cm is .... a bit short. And 58 a tad high.

Moving from 54 to 58 indicate P5D is currently... short, for tri use. Make sense as it is a UCI oriented bike, with the associated rules (for me, 75cm maximum BB to aerobar tip, horizontally. In tri, I'm much longer).

Of course, if in 10 days Cervelo present :
1) new cockpit solution for the P5D with more adjustability (more length, some angle to go med or high mantis, ...)
2) P3X with adjustability equivalent to P5X

... then it will be a brighter day for Cervelo lovers :-)
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the space where the junction box went is now the tilt hardware... it all has to go somewhere

the answer is get the non-tilted one but with the 50* extensions and then use angled spacers under the pads.

You'll have tilt and a hidden junction box.

drgwood wrote:
Ok sorry missed that
And if they didn’t engineer that same feature in the tilt version then that is just dumb

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Mar 14, 19 3:57
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I understand what happened
I also understand the solution
But there are always ways to design an integrated solution
I imagine it’s just a matter of production cost and/or impetuous to do so
The fact is they designed an slick solution for non-tilt version along with the fact new S5 appears to have well integrated cable/wiring suggests they do have capability to do so and combine form with function
To give an option for your new TT bike that is suppose to be the fastest thing out there and seemingly have a junction box hanging off the back of an aero mono riser is disappointing
I would guess it causes little to no aero issue but let’s face it, it’s visually displeasing at least to my eye
That said I have already ordered my frame set so I will likely be going with riser option unless we are wrong about everything

What are the junction box options for the P5X? I have actually never seen that bike up close
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
I'm 6' (183cm)

Currently I'm on a 54cm P3 (2014-later model). With longer stem, to accommodate longer Tri position. Used a shorter stem for UCI position.

With current P5D set-up charts, length-wise, with my tri position, I would need a 58cm P5D. 56cm is .... a bit short. And 58 a tad high.

Moving from 54 to 58 indicate P5D is currently... short, for tri use. Make sense as it is a UCI oriented bike, with the associated rules (for me, 75cm maximum BB to aerobar tip, horizontally. In tri, I'm much longer).

1) new cockpit solution for the P5D with more adjustability (more length, some angle to go med or high mantis, ...)

i don't understand how you would go from a 54cm to a 58cm, in bikes that have pretty much the same geometry. in went from a 56 to a 56.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe BOP measurement on the chart is throwing folks off?

Slowman wrote:
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
I'm 6' (183cm)

i don't understand how you would go from a 54cm to a 58cm, in bikes that have pretty much the same geometry. in went from a 56 to a 56.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
Maybe BOP measurement on the chart is throwing folks off?

it's possible. this is why i have to always go thru that question when i'm talking to folks about the solution. i'm dead center in the middle of a 56cm and i'm 6'1", but i'm like 470mm BOP (which is how this bike measures) but i'd be about 10mm too long for the bike in that size if i thought the chart was measuring MOP.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this bike take mechanical group sets or at least a mechanical RD? I know the P5X does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That's some serious arm pad!!!
If I had to guess, its to comply with the new UCI 10cm rule between the middle of the pad and the top of the extension rather than for comfort.
Last edited by: TiCass: Mar 14, 19 10:38
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Climb11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Climb11 wrote:
Does this bike take mechanical group sets or at least a mechanical RD? I know the P5X does.

i didn't check to see if it's routed only for electronic. i would doubt that it's only for electronic, but it may be. i'll ask.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Climb11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Climb11,
The P5 is designed for both Di2 and mechanical. Cables run from behind the Speed Riser (where Junction A RS-910 is installed for Di2) and they run down into the stem through the Smartpak 100 (front bento)

Cheers,

Jakub

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but Triathlon Magazine Canada did a video on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSi53OIZvgY

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TheJakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jakub,

How does the new P5 disc aero performance compare to the P5x? assuming the storage included in the P5 disc is just enough for an ironman, and using frame aero bottle (considering rider will not require frame round bottles).
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pabloarc wrote:
Hi Jakub,

How does the new P5 disc aero performance compare to the P5x? assuming the storage included in the P5 disc is just enough for an ironman, and using frame aero bottle (considering rider will not require frame round bottles).

i think he would tell you that the P5 is faster. the PX platform is faster when you need more than the built-in storage/hydration of the P5. the less you carry, the faster the P5 is compared to the PX.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if the P5 is faster...then the P5x is undergoing redesign to get faster? Because that's the only logical COA here. You shouldn't be saying your less premium bike is faster IMO.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next