Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would change to this in a heartbeat from my P2. I get the wanting an integrated bike and all. But let's see what they come up with addons, because really, that's what the Plasma and Speedmax have.

I do look at this bike and think...it could be the P2/3 at 3200 and 5500-6500 and Cervelo would make an absolute killing in the market with it. Disc brakes, simple, it's Cervelo. I think it would be a market killer for sure.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice gallery. Interesting how almost everyone has moved away from long tailed aero helmets

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No Cervelos in the top-10! Doh!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Nice gallery. Interesting how almost everyone has moved away from long tailed aero helmets

Yeah, not really any choices out there for long tail. Is it the athlete, the teams, or the manufactures driving this trend?

Out of the rack of helmets i'll be testing on Tuesday the Selector and Wasp are the only long tails and I doubt either is going to be close.....well, the selector might. I have a feeling about that one.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:

Yeah, not really any choices out there for long tail. Is it the athlete, the teams, or the manufactures driving this trend?

My pure speculation is that part of it is data-driven from the increased use of real-world (vs. wind tunnel) testing. E.g. velodrome, Chung. Long-tail may be good for static wind-tunnel heroes. But in the real world you move your head around. You can see in those pictures how much head moving goes on.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One mate I regularly compete against thought the wasp looked the best on him, but the numbers at A2 proved out otherwise. He came away with the S-works being fastest. So, even in the tunnel long might not be the best.

trail wrote:
Long-tail may be good for static wind-tunnel heroes.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Considering on the current P5 the pro’s used to be completely slammed these pics must suggest a fairly different geometry? Quite a few of the sunweb guys are running with decent rise to their pads. Good news perhaps for the long and low people that keep going on about the P4?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Polo_1272 wrote:
Considering on the current P5 the pro’s used to be completely slammed these pics must suggest a fairly different geometry? Quite a few of the sunweb guys are running with decent rise to their pads. Good news perhaps for the long and low people that keep going on about the P4?

No it simply looks deceiving as the rim brake P5 doesn't have the stem inline with the top tube.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:

No it simply looks deceiving as the rim brake P5 doesn't have the stem inline with the top tube.

I have no idea what the comparison is to the current P5, but AKA, Storer, Haga, Roche are definitely at at least 3-6 cm of bar stack. Storer looks like he's at the upper limit (with a position that looks it)

Only Kamna looks remotely near slammed, and even he has at least a centimeter to go.

So if World Tour pros are there, Cervelo only needs to make a new set of molds that drops it by 10cm so the bike is "aggressive" enough for recreational TT geezers. :)
Last edited by: trail: Feb 14, 19 14:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't wait to get data on aero versus last generation. Do we have that for the Specialized TT bike yet? Everyone says we are nearing peak aero with frames...is that true?

CG
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [CeeGee90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any aero data versus the rim P5 won't really be relevant as it won't take the gains from the different bar/stem into account. The Aduro was never the fastest option for the P5, but it was so rarely changed (especially on the P5-6) that many simply don't realize there are better choices. All that said, they've been squeezing water from stone with frames for a long time now. The only reason to buy this over pretty much anything else is because you want it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
Polo_1272 wrote:

Umm thats exactly my point....! They gain the ability to go lower by putting the ‘stem’ in-line ehich makes it quite different
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Polo_1272 wrote:
Grill wrote:
Polo_1272 wrote:

Umm thats exactly my point....! They gain the ability to go lower by putting the ‘stem’ in-line ehich makes it quite different

They have access to different pad stack/reach with stock specced bars. In terms of difference with all the available combos if bars/stem are changed on the OG P5, not really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Thanks for the photo link.

Interesting that, in this age of disc brakes, how very very few of these TT riders are using disc brake-equipped machines. Nearly all are on rim braked bikes ... I wonder if that says anything ... ?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Thanks for the photo link.

Interesting that, in this age of disc brakes, how very very few of these TT riders are using disc brake-equipped machines. Nearly all are on rim braked bikes ... I wonder if that says anything ... ?

Why is this surprising? The disc age hasnt hit small volume TT world yet. There just arent many disc brake TT bikes manufactured yet, as well as the wheel options...not to mention TT Hydro groupsets have been scarce.

Cannondale is the only other one on tour to release** a disc TT bike

**neither is officially released yet
Last edited by: GatorRacer: Feb 14, 19 15:55
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But even for Cannondale, one of their non-disc TT bikes is also in appearance ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Feb 14, 19 16:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't the ShivTT basically the same bike Macca won Kona with in 2010?

Crazy town...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
But even for Cannondale, one of their non-disc TT bikes is also in appearance ...

Yea the CDale situation has been unclear for some time. Ive heard rumors but its clear that its being raced as a prototype only for now.

The WorldTour teams transition to disc is quite expensive. Its a TON of wheels and bikes and you cant easily do a slow transition otherwise you need twice the inventory. It will take a few years to see it proliferate through in my opinion but its definitely happening.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uhmmm.....
So I do work in marketing, surely not for bikes but i do not get this move.
Everyone is speculating about the new P5 Disc and Cervelo keeps on postponing it without sharing any further information. But than you can see the complete new bike during an official UCI race without any comment?

I really miss Vroomen and White.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, Cervelo, Cube, and Wilier have disc TT bikes in the race? Everyone else lagging, developing, or getting ready to leap ahead?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also... I know it’s been covered on various threads, but there are so many tri-spoke front wheels. Honestly, more in that photo set than you’d see in the wild in an entire 2500 bike WTC IRONMAN transition.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:

I really miss Vroomen and White.

I don't think they were in marketing. :) I get it. They don't want to release until there's inventory. And if I were their marketing guy I'd choose a race where Tom Dumoulin is all lathered up and on his A-game for a full court press marketing release. Giro TT?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giro is late, IMO (but maybe their inventory also ?)

I would think Tirreno-Adriatico / Paris-Nice, whatever Dumoulin choose ?

Update after checking :

Dumoulin program (with TT) :

UAE tour (from february 24) - not sure TT bikes there
Tirreno- Adriatico (from march 13) - good candidate
Giro (from may 11) - last chance :-)
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Feb 16, 19 6:50
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
55 riders riding at 49 kms/h or more. Yaw matters

MadTownTRI wrote:
Also... I know it’s been covered on various threads, but there are so many tri-spoke front wheels. Honestly, more in that photo set than you’d see in the wild in an entire 2500 bike WTC IRONMAN transition.
Quote Reply

Prev Next