Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
so I could browse ST on my blackberry, but could not log in to post.
Sure you can, I do it all the time. It's not very pretty but it works. Maybe there needs to be a slowtwitch BB application created for all those times that you need ST but only have your BB ;-)

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, what is the minimum run distance to be counted as a run day?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is the same as last year it is 30 minutes, how far does not matter.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, time is better.

Thanks

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev-

Count me in on this as well.

What happens if you miss a day? Can you make it up with a two-a-day?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, if the rules are the same as last year.

"Wow, are you a triathlete?"
If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
My wife's blog http://www.hostilewit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, I vote for starting on the 15th for a number of slefish reasons- that would be a lot better for me!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Count me in this year please.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed GREG_n_SD did a great job and put up a spreadsheet:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...orum_view_collapsed;

are we using this for the challenge?

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Start 2008/09 on Dec 15th??? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in!

Quote | Reply
Dev,

I am in, and totally support the 15th DEC start date..and I also think picking the 25th of March as the last day for all. We can all then celebrate whatever accomplishment we achieve at the same time and maybe all that good karma will do some good (sun in the sky here in London, or a good day in the markets, or no soldiers dying in wars on that day....)

Cheers,

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [islandman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got in from 27 hours of door to door travel from India to Ottawa, so sorry for missing Greg's post.

It looks like people are good with a Dec 15th start date....I"ll ask Greg if he is OK with us using the sheet that he has put up and defer the start to Dec 15th.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd prefer a 12/01 start as I'm moving to the other side of the planet and starting school in early Jan and at least want to get some momentum going into that... Why do people want to wait til the 15th again?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Bizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom D is OK with Dec 15th and if that is so, that means James Bond is too....is that good enough???

Main reason is to end closer to next year's race season and also end the thing hopefully on some better running weather than 14 feet of snow....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So then why not defer til like New year's day or the 15th of Jan if that's the case? :)

CMON! I'm trying to run this and the 200miles in December concurrently... If I'm running those miles/hours from the 1-14th I want credit for it in the 100/100! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Main reason is to end closer to next year's race season and also end the thing hopefully on some better running weather than 14 feet of snow....
Hrm... current temp - 81 degrees. What is this "snow" you speak of?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday I was running in 31C, so I know what you are saying...but since over 70% of the participants are from the North East, I'd prefer to cater to the weather around here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't take any crap from these guys...you say 12/15 so 12/15 it is!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either way, me and my slow fat ass are in!!!!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
don't take any crap from these guys...you say 12/15 so 12/15 it is!

Yes 12/15 sounds best to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay Dev, the change has been made...the 15th it is....This is still your challenge just trying to facilitate since it was getting close.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [GREG_n_SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Greg,

One thing that I thought of overnite was that it might be much easier to make an entire copy of last year's sheet. That way everyone from last year are automatically enrolled as collaborators. Then we just blank out all the entries and it effectively saves a ton of "registration time" and only people who did not participate last year need to be enrolled.

Would this work easier. I know from last year that the enrolloment process was the most time consuming!!! This might also save copying all of Dan's formulae over at a future date.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev,
Think i would like to get in on this. Since I have been doing two runs a day . If you do not mind that isnow 5- 6 days a week now for a few months

Re: 100 runs in 100 Days Challenge...Starts Dec 1 [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, once Greg in SD (assume he is in San Diego) wakes up, we can figure out the easiest path to enroll everyone. I think automatically inviting all those from last year would be easiest using a copy of last year's sheet and then adding in new participants. Should have this all sorted out by later today.

Looks like it is already snowing here....might crack out the skis this morning.

EDIT: I'd also like to make a change to the rules for 2008/09. Last year for a run to count, it had to be 30 min in length. I think this is an unneccessary rule, since the main goal to is to make sure that people log volume over the winter. I'd like to relax this rule so that a number of shorter runs adding up to 30 min or more in a disticnt day can count for 1 run in that day...but it has to be achieved over 1 day. For example 15 min +20 min today adds up to one run of 35 min today. But 15 today plus 25 min tomorrow counts for zero runs today but one 40 min tomorrow. Also if you did 30 min this morning, 20 min at lunch and then 15 min tonite, you can get credit for a second run since implicitly the goal of volume is achieved.

Once Greg and I get some admin things sorted out, I'll start a new thread that summarizes all the rules and speadsheet usage details.

thanks

Dev
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 25, 08 4:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,

This sounds like fun, 100 runs in 100 days please count me in. Thank you for putting this together.

Regards,
~

Eric - "Train Smart, Race Smart, Finish Strong"
Quote Reply

Prev Next