Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [timtri13²] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen any data comparison of std p2 vs p3 and p5/6 fork
Interesting project but wondering what it saved in time
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [jcaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is everyone using for BTA on the Aura Pro bars?

They are really close together, so much that my k-edge garmin mount isn't fully horizontal.

450km on my P3, first tri bike, so damn fast!

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [P90Puma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using the Torhans aero mount kit with 20oz hydration bottle. Used to use the Xlabs horizontal bottle but it spilled way to much. I mount my K-edge garmin mount forward of the bottle right before the bend in the aero bar. This has worked out well for me so far.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [cpatel529] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone run a power meter on your stock 2014 Cervelo P3? I am looking at different options for ones that will fit on the crankset and am having trouble due to the nature of the rotor crank.

I found the following from power2max:
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica/support/upgrade-cervelo-power-meter/

Thanks!

Chirag
Last edited by: cpatel529: Jul 31, 15 18:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a power2max and i am very happy.

another question for the group:

better upgrade base bar (and if so which should i get) or wheels (would likely get flo)

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [favata1213] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wheels!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! I ended up getting the Garmin Vector 2s instead. Looking forward to seeing how this changes my training and fitness. Thanks!

Chirag
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [987_PJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you got this beautiful frame finished. Any pics?

Awesome paint job - got me thinking with my P2...

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just did my first ride on my new P3, and have a question or two:

The base bar (the standard Aura Pro) seems quite uncomfortable on the horns - my hands may be a little wider than average, but I just can't fit without having part of my hand on the 'bend'. Now - in a Tri this would of course be completely irrelevant (the aerobars are comfy enough), but when training I have at least half an hour (total) of riding through the city in traffic, so there I don't fancy leaving the base bar. A further problem is that I found myself sometimes accidentally shifting (have di2) when moving my hands around on the horns, again, I think, because my hands have too little space beyond the bend. Would a straight bar be better, or are they shorter? Might thicker/double bar wrapping help? Or do I just need to HTFU.

Second question - riding slowly I don't feel too great on the P3, but when speed picked up I was suprised at how nice it feels, even on descents on the horns. Is this due to it being a TT bike, due to my lower front end, longer wheelbase, or just because its stiffer at the front than my Cannondale supersix. It just felt great, and I would love to have that kind of confidence on my road bike.

Third question - how much steerer Tube would one normally leave above the stem in order to keep options open for future longer distance races/back problems etc? ATM I have a pretty hefty spacer tower, and I suspect I will go lower with a proper bike fit (I think there is a total of 45 or 50mm spacers installed, with 30mm on top atm).
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Ibeti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel the same way about the Aura Pro base bar - I don't care for the bend. But I haven't tried out anything else...tempted to upgrade to the TriRig Alpha X.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
some new graphics on the P3 for next year:
http://www.bdc-mag.com/...5/08/IMG_0025-13.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Eric Olson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That fork......why.....did they paint it like that

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the new paint job is an awesome improvement!

1. The plain mat black on the old design was super boring
2. The white chain stay/bottom bracket paint on the old design was a dumb idea
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Ibeti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ibeti wrote:

The base bar (the standard Aura Pro) seems quite uncomfortable on the horns - my hands may be a little wider than average, but I just can't fit without having part of my hand on the 'bend'. Now - in a Tri this would of course be completely irrelevant (the aerobars are comfy enough), but when training I have at least half an hour (total) of riding through the city in traffic, so there I don't fancy leaving the base bar. A further problem is that I found myself sometimes accidentally shifting (have di2) when moving my hands around on the horns, again, I think, because my hands have too little space beyond the bend. Would a straight bar be better, or are they shorter? Might thicker/double bar wrapping help? Or do I just need to HTFU.

There is no right answer to this. You'll decide what you want the more you ride. If you have friends, grab a hold of their bullhorns and play around with them.

Quote:
Second question - riding slowly I don't feel too great on the P3, but when speed picked up I was suprised at how nice it feels, even on descents on the horns. Is this due to it being a TT bike, due to my lower front end, longer wheelbase, or just because its stiffer at the front than my Cannondale supersix. It just felt great, and I would love to have that kind of confidence on my road bike.

Riding slowly in your aerobars?

Quote:
Third question - how much steerer Tube would one normally leave above the stem in order to keep options open for future longer distance races/back problems etc? ATM I have a pretty hefty spacer tower, and I suspect I will go lower with a proper bike fit (I think there is a total of 45 or 50mm spacers installed, with 30mm on top atm).

I doubt you have 80mm of spacers combined above and below the stem, the fork steerer tube doesn't even come that long from Cervelo.

There is also no right answer to "how much is enough/too much"
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
Ibeti wrote:

There is no right answer to this. You'll decide what you want the more you ride. If you have friends, grab a hold of their bullhorns and play around with them.

Quote:

Riding slowly in your aerobars?

Quote:

I doubt you have 80mm of spacers combined above and below the stem, the fork steerer tube doesn't even come that long from Cervelo.

There is also no right answer to "how much is enough/too much"

Thank you for your answers.
1. A first longer Ride (178 km) forced me to find a better way to grip the bullhorns (I was not riding alone, so most of the time was spent sitting up). A very generous Bar Tape wrapping definitely helped as well (I would change that for races). On everything but long descents (well long-ish) it was actually quite comfortable. I am starting to learn not to shift when I move my hands around (though I did have a few unfourtenate upshifts when getting out of the saddle while climbing).
2. Not riding slowly in the aerobars - riding slowly in traffic on the horns. Riding my road bike again yesterday made it clear to me how the handling differs (the road bike is a lot more "nervous" or I rather - maneauverable. Both enjoyable in their own ways). I don't think I (or anyone else) will ever really enjoy riding a tribike in the city.
3. 50 mm total spacers is what I meant to (and did?) write - 20mm under and atm 30 over the stem. I will discuss it when I meet my bike fitter.

Its a lovely bike. I get a lot of envious glances (might be pity and not envy of course - "another MAMIL with a new bike").
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Yep, she's done and raced it @ Vineman. I'll try to take a picture of just the bike over the weekend.
Last edited by: 987_PJ: Jun 24, 16 16:32
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Eric Olson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the 2016 model has a 3T vola team aerobar rather than a aura pro. Although the sign still says aura pro if I read correctly. what is correct? How does the vola team compare to the aura pro?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [987_PJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
987_PJ wrote:
Thanks! Yep, she's done and raced it @ Vineman. I'll try to take a picture of just the bike over the weekend.

Sweet - well done. A very nice upgrade to an awesome bike. LOVING my P2 but with a little paint upgrade, it won't look like everyone else's :)

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replaced my 3T Aura base bar and stem with the 3T Aduro from a P5. This required me to cut my steerer (and original compression plug off the bike) so that the Aduro would fit properly. Anyone have any recommendations on a replacement compression plug to use for the steerer? Although the P3 steerer is carbon it looks like there is a alloy reinformance rim inside the steerer. I am seeing compression plugs that are specific to carbon and alloy but not sure what to use for this application. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Chirag
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you should have tapped the star nut down some before cutting to be able to still use it. the metal insert was 70mm long and cervelo definitely recommends using it. not sure how much you cut off
Quote Reply
Post deleted by cpatel529 [ In reply to ]
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone running an internal DI2 battery for their NP3? I wanted to try this mod so that my battery would be internal to the frame instead of in the open environment.

Was wondering if anyone had any pics of their mod? Is anything else required besides the Shimano SM-BTR-2 battery (I already have the required charger since I use it for DI2 programming and firmware updates)? Is a longer e-wire required now that the battery is further?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Chirag
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the internal battery in my P5. I believe that I used a 750mm wire. The extra length allows you to pull out the seat post with the battery attached without accessing the juction box (in my case the junction box can only be reached by removing the rear wheel and the little access door in the frame.

I bonded the battery to the inside of the seat post using Sugru. Going on two years and no problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see my post in the P5 thread for photos: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ludlaw wrote:
see my post in the P5 thread for photos: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Nice write up and picture.....
Quote Reply

Prev Next