Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [53x12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at buying my first TT bike soon and the P3 is on the top of my list. I'm in Australia so the new P3 is a couple of months away (or so I've been told). I quite like the 2013 P3 but have read a lot of negative comments about the FSA crankset, with many people saying the Ultegra is far better. I have Ultegra on my road bike, so I'd be very happy with it on my TT bike as well.

I have also seen recently on the Cervelo website that they are recalling the 3T aero bars, which are the same ones they have on the P3 in my local bike shop. There is only one store that sells Cervelo where I live, so I can't really shop around.

I will save about $2000 if I buy the 2013 model instead of waiting around for the new P3, but I was wondering what other people thought. I also want to get a 10 speed, as I plan on buying some Zipp wheels to use on the TT bike, but I want to be able to run them on my 10 speed road bike when I race on more technical courses.

Thoughts appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [OggMonster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As your first tri bike it might be worthwhile to go the cheaper route (save the $2000) and get the 2012 or 2013 P3. The money saved out towards some Zipps and/or a road bike. Seems the best of both ways if your budget is limited (like most of us). Another option is to see if you can find a good deal on a frame set and build it up? Takes more time and dedication finding deals on parts but then at end of day it is exactly how you want it.

I am still interested to hear which frame people think comes in after the P5 in the Cervelo test. Is it thr SC? Shiv? Or the Canyon?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [53x12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can any dealers chime in on availability of the new P3? I've been told the entire 2014 run is sold out, which leads me to think I'm either asking the wrong question or misunderstanding what constitutes a model year.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
54 / 56 / 58 / 61 are all readily available at Cervelo

51 has been harder to get and is currently out of stock.

We've had 48cm 700c on order but haven't seen any yet.
Same with 45cm 650c.

PS - Cervelo eliminated the "model year" concept from their development and production cycle

They should also have a cheaper Ultegra version available soon.

http://www.austinTRIcyclist.com
http://www.Cannondale.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I, of course, need a 48 :-(

Any word on when framesets might be available?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wonder when cervelo will branch out with different colors schemes? or multiple color schemes per year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have been saying fall delivery all along for 48cm frames.

Once they start shipping, you should be able to pick one up.

The New P3 has been popular so far.
We have ordered several rounds of them and sold them all.

http://www.austinTRIcyclist.com
http://www.Cannondale.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AustinTriCyclst wrote:
They should also have a cheaper Ultegra version available soon.

Finally
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

Question about the n.P3 fork: near the fork crown, the steerer transitions to the actual fork with a ~45 deg. cone, and it appears that there is no place to install a conventional (metal) lower headset race. So, during assembly of the bike, does the headset bearing sit directly on the fork, with no lower race?

thanks,
Greg

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Greg,

Yep, that's right.

Just for info, the cone angle is actually 36 degrees; matches the bearing dimension exactly.
I love not having to pound a crown race onto the fork. :-)

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there.

Can someone tell me if the new P3 can support running 700x25c tires?

If not, what are the suggested rim and tire widths?

Thanks
Power1369
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [power1369] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi power1369,

Yes, all the current P-Series Cervelos fit up to 25C tires. Free choice of rim and tire widths for you. :-)

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect, thanks for the info.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an '08 P3, and I have heard that 25c doesn't fit well there. Are there any wider racing tires that will fit the rear of an older P3?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RFXCrunner,

The classic P3 works with a maximum 23c tire. The 25c would likely contact the fork and, if you pull the rear wheel back far enough to clear the wheel cut-out, the rear brake would close on the tire. I am afraid that the 23c is the largest recommend tire for your frame.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a zipp 808 firecrest and 25mm conti competion tubular there was more than enough room on my p3c.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Mdfletcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone struggled with internal cables rattling on their P3?

------------------------------------------
http://www.twhatley.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few questions about the n.P3 steerer insert:

(1) If one glues in the insert properly, can one cut the steerer and AL insert together later if some spacers come off and the stem comes down? This is assuming that the star nut is pushed down in the insert prior to cutting of course. (see green line in pic below to show a proposed 'cut' line.)

The AL insert is pretty long (~ 7 cm), so it seems that there may be some extra to play with. (2) Is the essential design element of the AL insert such that the bottom edge extends a least a little below the upper headset race? (3) Or does the insert have to be just long enough to hold the star nut and to reinforce the steerer under the clamping area of the stem? Or?

thanks,
Greg @ dsw

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Greg,

Excellent image, illustrates exactly what you're talking about.

Yep, you can tap the star nut down and saw through everything. To answer your other questions:

2. No.
3. Yes.

All the details are in the Cervelo fork owner's manual, linked here:
http://www.cervelo.com/media/docs/Cervelo-Fork-Manual-60e57149-4987-499b-b9d7-908a4aa9c091-0.pdf

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased a new P3 frameset and have been slowly building it up with Ultegra 11spd Di2.

One thing that I have noticed is the seatpost does not seem to accept saddles with more ovalized rails.

I tried to install a Prologo Zero TT saddle with carbon rails which are more oval than round and no matter how much I fought with it, it just would not seem to fit well.

I tried an older Vision TT saddle with metal/round rails and it took about 10 seconds to lock it in.

Has anyone tried installing such a carbon-railed saddle who can offer some advice?

Thanks
Power1369
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [power1369] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll have to order a different clamp from Ritchey, available on their website and around $16 if I remember correctly. There's one for oval carbon rails, one for oversize round carbon rails, and the standard that comes with the P3/P2.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [Vman455] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Power1369
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which srm power meter crank will work with new p3? It's my understanding the bottom bracket poses a problem for the fsa & rotor versions which come on the stock build bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P3 thread [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi winchester,

Looking at SRM's site http://www.srm.de/product/powermeters/, with the right bottom bracket you can use:

• Shimano (Use Rotor's 46-24 BBright bottom bracket)
  • SRAM (use their "BB30" version and your stock BBright bottom bracket)
  • Rotor 3D+ (use your stock BBright bottom bracket)
  • Rotor 3D (use Rotor's 46-24 BBright bottom bracket)
  • Tune SmartFoot (use Tune's BBright bottom bracket)

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon or anyone else,

Could you post pictures of how the wiring attaches to the external battery on the downtube of the new P3?

Thanks
Power1369
Quote Reply

Prev Next